Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/28/2015, 06:20 PM   #1
Naiad
Registered Member

Personal experiences

I am interested in the experience others have had. I placed my first order with this company two weeks ago. At first the experience was great. They called the day before shipping to let me know that the fish was not looking that well and I agreed to postpone shipping and i would be contacted in a week with an update on the fish. I was very impressed until a week passed and I have not heard back. Did my update call just happen to slip through the cracks somewhere and should I trust that the order is still good?

Naiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2015, 08:28 PM   #2
Bogue Chitto
Registered Member

Call them back, the person that called you back could be on vacation or laid off or something else. It doesn't hurt to check again.

Bogue Chitto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2015, 08:47 PM   #3
Naiad
Registered Member

I called customer service. They transfered me to a voice mail. It is very possible some of the issue is because of the holidays. That is why I was looking to see what others experience when ordering. It always sucks when there is an issue with purchase and you have no background with the company.

Unread 11/28/2015, 08:56 PM   #4
joshbrookkate
Registered Member

I ordered a fish, 3 nems and a chili coral to be delivered to Detroit the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The lawnmower blenny (that was free because of the size of my order) was DOA. But everything else was great shape. It was my first time ordering from Blue Zoo Aquatics and I will not hesitate to order from them again.
Just my experience...

joshbrookkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Naiad
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbrookkate View Post
I ordered a fish, 3 nems and a chili coral to be delivered to Detroit the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The lawnmower blenny (that was free because of the size of my order) was DOA. But everything else was great shape. It was my first time ordering from Blue Zoo Aquatics and I will not hesitate to order from them again.
Just my experience...
Thank-you, I am just nervous. I am very glad they called and told me the fish didn't look 100%. He cost a pretty penny and I would hate to have him DOA. I am sure they are busy with the holiday.

Unread 11/28/2015, 09:40 PM   #6
joshbrookkate
Registered Member

Good luck. The fact that they held off sending the fish is a good sign. But I would want more information about the problem with the fish before they ship it to me.
PS - What kind of fish did you order?

joshbrookkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2015, 10:04 PM   #7
Naiad
Registered Member

White tailed bristletooth tang. From what I was told he had a wound on his side. It isn't uncommon when tangs fight. Unfortunately when your working retail there isn't enough room for everyone to get their own territory lol. I am really just hoping the fish is alright. I have wanted one for some time.

Unread 11/29/2015, 10:06 AM   #8
shifty51008
12-5 Chiefs record

They will get you figured out, ive never had an issue with them or their fish. I would call them monday and check with them

Clownfish breeder
shifty51008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2015, 11:37 AM   #9
Naiad
Registered Member

Update: shipment came in. Was in great condition! was missing a fish but it appears that they are out of stock. Will call to see if it was credited or is on hold to ship later. Very happy with what did come.

Unread 01/09/2016, 07:35 PM   #10
Code4
Registered Member

How is the white tail doing? I am also looking to buy one. So wondering how well it shipped to you. Hope it is well.

Shelley

Code4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2016, 01:45 PM   #11
biecacka
Registered Member

I placed an order with them and one fish was not included in the order. Turns out it wasn't available to ship, I contacted them and they informed me they left me a note in my box stating that I would be refunded the fish dollar amount. Very respectful of them and I hunk that's awesome.
However, I let them know that I was concerned with the fact that I hadn't seen my wrasses or goby yet, in the few weeks I had them. They replied that in an established tank. Those fish might be hidden for some time. Grazing on rocks. I believe that so I thought little else of it. However the following week or so, I emailed them again mentioning that I am still yet to see the fish. They don't come out to eat or anything. It's been a month, I can only assume they died shortly after I received them.
That's the chance we take with ordering fish I guess. I'm still not pleased that they might have died a long time ago and was told they are probably just hiding and eating food off the rocks. I don't buy it, but I had no proof they were dead so nothing could be done, I always order fish online tho, from LA, and have had no problems in the past. I'm not blaming anyone for the death of the fish.
They replied to my first few emails really quickly and for that I appreciate, as well as the note on the invoice telling me I wouldn't be charged for the fish.

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/29/2016, 05:27 PM   #12
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Hey Corey. Well, we are glad we could at least a little. Sorry to hear about the potential losses though. We hate to hear that our animals are not thriving in their new homes. We wish you luck with your reef and if we can do anything else for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Take care.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2016, 12:01 PM   #13
biecacka
Registered Member

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear about the losses too. At this point I am convinced they perished shortly after I received them but don't know. I can't remember the last fish I lost so it is very saddening.

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2016, 04:20 PM   #14
chgoblknazn
Registered Member

This is why I always put my new fish in QT. I can monitor them for a while to make sure they are eating and doing well. When you add them to an established tank, you run the risk of them being bullied and not being able to feed to keep their energy up.