Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/21/2019, 03:58 PM   #26
sasq40
Registered Member

How long do you think we should air out the house, also should we discenfect all our furinute and stuff that's in the fish room

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

sasq40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2019, 04:32 PM   #27
Pslreefer
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasq40 View Post
How long do you think we should air out the house, also should we discenfect all our furinute and stuff that's in the fish room

No need to disinfect just a general airing out is fine, just enough to get fresh air in

Pslreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2019, 04:33 PM   #28
sasq40
Registered Member

Ok sweet. We've been airing it out for 36hrs bringing outside air in from the garage. At - 15c the house has been cold lol

Unread 01/21/2019, 10:08 PM   #29
sasq40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSJGUY View Post
Id reseal that tank just saying.. 100% bleach can actually hurt the silicone. thats why its recomended to do 10% bleach solution to disinfect.

With theh seals half gone like that though id just reseal it since its empty anyway... Black aqueon ailicone isnt much on amazon and its not hard to do... Ive resealed 4 tanks so far. including my 135 only took a few hours to do and a few days to cure
That's kinda what I was thinking. I want to to a coast to coast bean animal in this tank so I guess gives me a reason to bring it into the garage to reseal and drill, and if the drilling breaks the tank guess that solves the delima of getting a new tank lol

Unread 01/22/2019, 04:23 AM   #30
lolgranny
The DQ King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasq40 View Post
That's kinda what I was thinking. I want to to a coast to coast bean animal in this tank so I guess gives me a reason to bring it into the garage to reseal and drill, and if the drilling breaks the tank guess that solves the delima of getting a new tank lol

Drilling tanks is simple, just take your time with it. I’ve drilled over 50 tanks and sumps. Haven’t broke one. Make sure you use water so it has lubricant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 40g RIP. 300g system, 180g display.
lolgranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2019, 08:44 AM   #31
sasq40
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolgranny View Post
Drilling tanks is simple, just take your time with it. I’ve drilled over 50 tanks and sumps. Haven’t broke one. Make sure you use water so it has lubricant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I Drilled out my old fuge (took 3 goes cuz it was only thin glass 20,the third one ended up breaking 2 years later randomly) and my 66 gallon that I did a center overflow in cuz it was 360 view tank