Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/15/2017, 09:30 AM   #26
aznflyfisherman
Registered Member

Nice, hope i can find one locally, i have rainbow btas, rose n green btas in my 110g n 29g tank, the oldest one two plus years it haven't split, wish they would.

aznflyfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2017, 12:19 AM   #27
Kinetic
Registered Member

It looks incredible! I just setup my tank to house a H. Magnifica, but maybe I should just get this BTA.

If you're ever interested in selling a split, let me know

Here's my tank setup:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2651611

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2017, 06:47 AM   #28
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

It's been 3 months now. It's doing well I think. I feed them pieces of raw scallop every 2 weeks or so. As far as selling one, I don't want to. When it gets too big I'm going to move it to my bigger tank. Thanks.

20170915220659 (1)_resized_1.jpg

BeachVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2017, 11:38 AM   #29
Kinetic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachVacationer View Post
It's been 3 months now. It's doing well I think. I feed them pieces of raw scallop every 2 weeks or so. As far as selling one, I don't want to. When it gets too big I'm going to move it to my bigger tank. Thanks.

Attachment 379871

Good plan! If it splits again though...

Kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/16/2017, 06:14 PM   #30
Daihiep
Registered Member

Thats an awesome color for a bta, nice pick!

Daihiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2017, 01:21 AM   #31
DIYMango
Registered Member

Hey beach What light are you running on your tank. im trying to find a decent light that will let me grow some soft corals

DIYMango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2017, 06:34 AM   #32
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

I put this tank together on the cheap by buying stuff on CL. Just so you know this tank is a tiny 5 gallons. I don't particularly like the look of the light high above the tank so my lighting solutions are the kind that sits on top of tank cover. Tank is next to my sofa and is at eye level which I like because I can watch it as I do other things there. Big benefit is that I don't see the LED which is annoying, causing me to squint. Anyways, I have 2 Marineland LED bars for whites and 2 older model Wavepoint 6 inch blue LEDs. Now I got these at great prices but I would not recommend them if you are buying new. Actually one of my blue Wavepoint stopped working about a month ago and I'm not going to replace it because they cost too much for what it is. So I've been researching a solution for my tank. I've just about decided on the Kessil A80. Based on the specs, one A80 should be enough for this small tank. If it doesn't provide wall to wall light coverage since it'll sit just an inch from the surface of the water, I may get another A80 for it. So that's what I recommend, Kessil A80. Not the cheapest solution, but it's guaranteed to grow corals.

Unread 09/17/2017, 06:51 AM   #33
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

Here's a pic of my setup.

You can see the LED bars and to the right you can see the Wavepoint resting on top of the bars. The big black box on top is a temperature controlled fan box which has 2 ultra quiet fans. I can barely hear them when it's on. And I'm only a foot away from it. To me with the tank cover, lights and a wavemaker the tank runs too warm. So with the fan, it maintains the tank at 25 C or 77 F +/- 0.3 C. I don't know for sure but cooler the better in terms of oxygenation and even algae control.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170917_073659.jpg (47.3 KB, 99 views)
Unread 11/10/2017, 06:27 PM   #34
BeachVacationer
Registered Member

Well, it's been 5 months since my purchase of this BTA. It split once and since then I stopped feeding it. It's doing remarkably well in the 5 gallon Fluval Spec V with modified everything. Still loving the orange color. Some days it's all bubble tipped, some days not. Who knows why! BTAs seem to be pretty easy to keep in a seasoned tank, even a pico reef tank.

20171110_180702_resized.jpg