Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/05/2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Outdoorfishes
Registered Member

UPS sucks

I was looking forward for the tank build-up and the packages were expecting to be delivered by Friday close of business according to UPS tracking. One package was delivered, but the other packages also went for delivery but were not delivered. The main gear in other packages is moved to Monday delivery.

Kudos for PA to have the items shipped quickly after placing order. I was pleasantly surprised that PA is able to have the items out of door so fast.

On the other hand, UPS $%^%^^%@@!@$#%

Outdoorfishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 10:47 AM   #2
sasharotty
Moved on to my couch

I agree UPS does stink. With the likes of your problem i have had similar problems. Lost packages and broken items grr. Bought a sro 3000ext from RC 2 months back shipped by ups to find the box crushed when i got home and acrlylic broke on skimmer and cracked in several places. But on a side note i do agree PA is awesome!

Current Tank Info: Just loungin
sasharotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 01:09 PM   #3
icu2
Registered Member

lol... ironic; where I live UPS is FAR superior to FEDex. If I order livestock with the 10:30 delivery time it shows up at 12:30 or 1:00 whereas standard fedex delivery usually comes @ 10:00...UPS for me has always been on time and very few damages. Must be how close we live in relation to the distribution centers.

icu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Canadaguy
Registered Member

Living in Canada I will never ever buy anything that has to be shipped via UPS from the US. They charge us Canadians an outrageous brokerage and handling fee. A $40 item once costed me over $100 when it was shipped via UPS. Never again will I see a UPS truck coming to my house!

Canadaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 04:54 PM   #5
brannock_16
Registered Member

I agree UPS ******* sucks a big ****!

I had them lose a package with $800 in acans that was paid to be delievered next day by 1030 am. Needless to say, I ran around the entire **** day, and ended up having to drive 65 miles to their holding facility to pick it up at 730 pm!

Then, on Thursday of this week, I sent a package to my ex with some stuff she left (one slipper, spare keys to her car, italian wine charms, some money, and some food that I made from scratch) and paid for it to be delivered next day by 1030am. Package said it was delivered at 852 am, so I call her to confirm. She was home the entire day and nothing was ever delivered. Now I'm out $140 from shipping and the cost of all her stuff, and UPS is trying to put it all on me!

I am at my witts end with this dismal company! I am filing a financial claim, getting my money back, and telling them where they can put the rest of my business! ***** ****** ***** ** *********. So mad!

Current Tank Info: 120 Gallon tank, Tek 48 inch 6 bulb T5, Vertex 170 Alpha Protein Skimmer, 2 Vortech MP 40W ES, 1 Vortech MP 10W ES, LPS Dominant reef!
brannock_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 06:50 PM   #6
gpx1200
Registered Member

they all suck,ups,usps and fedex
ups.... i watched the delivery guy throw a box marked FRAGILE LIVE ANIMALS with $600 worth of corals about eight feet from my porch, i ran outside and asked him "can you even read this box" he fliped me off and drove away. ups has been warned if they send him to my house again theyl need to send someone to pick up the truck later.
fedex... i went to the facility to pick up more corals and pionted out my box on the shelf to the guy and read it out loud to him " thats my box over their the one marked FRAGILE LIVE CORALS" he procieds to go over and pick up my box and shake it next to his head like a christmass present. then the idiot whants to know what my problem is when i tell him to go get his supervisor.
usps.. lost 2 mantis shrimps for 3 days, suposed to be gaurenteed overnight shipping but i never saw a dime of the refund thanks to ibluewater.
the only real fault of the shipping companys is the absolute morons that they hire and alow to handle our packages, aparently you don't need to be able to read or respect other peapoles property to work in shipping.

gpx1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 07:25 PM   #7
James77
Registered Member

I'm lucky around here, all of my delivery guys are great and actually conscientious. I've never had anyhting arrive damaged, or even with the boxes with much damage.

Current Tank Info: 120g Mixed Reef and 75g Freshwater
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2012, 08:21 AM   #8
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback, and as mentioned above all of the shipping companies can be really bad in some areas, and all can be really good in some areas.

We've used all of them over the years, and have gotten a ton of feedback from customer's in not only the US, but shipping Internationally as well. What we have found out is that while UPS is probably the roughest shipping company, they are the most reliable. We have found methods of packaging to avoid damages, and they have the highest percentage of on time arrivals. FedEx is probably a little easier on the packages, but their on time arrival percentage is certainly lower than UPS, especially with Air packages. USPS scares me no matter what service we're talking about!

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2012, 03:39 PM   #9
Da Maui life
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaguy View Post
Living in Canada I will never ever buy anything that has to be shipped via UPS from the US. They charge us Canadians an outrageous brokerage and handling fee. A $40 item once costed me over $100 when it was shipped via UPS. Never again will I see a UPS truck coming to my house!
You think Canada gets the short end of the stick when shipping from the US. I just got a quote from PA to ship 4 T5 bulbs to Hawaii Cost $100.00 the lamps are only $ 80 bucks

This is What I was told by Jeremy

“ The problem is that you are only shippable via UPS Air shipments.
03:53:12 PM [Jeremy] While the box isn't heavy, UPS ships everything as dimensional weight, meaning the weight of the box is determined by size, not actual weight.”

UPS SUCKS

Unread 05/13/2012, 03:03 PM   #10
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Wait until these guy's rip you off. They open your package remove your goods send you an empty box and screw with for 6 months telling you that you shipped a empty box and now YOU ARE trying to rip them off. PS Fed Ex circles they're wagons just as fast as UPS.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2012, 02:52 PM   #11
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

FedEx and UPS both are much, much better than USPS!

Unread 05/14/2012, 04:28 PM   #12
Da Maui life
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Maui life View Post
You think Canada gets the short end of the stick when shipping from the US. I just got a quote from PA to ship 4 T5 bulbs to Hawaii Cost $100.00 the lamps are only $ 80 bucks

This is What I was told by Jeremy

“ The problem is that you are only shippable via UPS Air shipments.
03:53:12 PM [Jeremy] While the box isn't heavy, UPS ships everything as dimensional weight, meaning the weight of the box is determined by size, not actual weight.”

UPS SUCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
Thanks for the feedback, and as mentioned above all of the shipping companies can be really bad in some areas, and all can be really good in some areas.

We've used all of them over the years, and have gotten a ton of feedback from customer's in not only the US, but shipping Internationally as well. What we have found out is that while UPS is probably the roughest shipping company, they are the most reliable. We have found methods of packaging to avoid damages, and they have the highest percentage of on time arrivals. FedEx is probably a little easier on the packages, but their on time arrival percentage is certainly lower than UPS, especially with Air packages. USPS scares me no matter what service we're talking about!
Quote:
FedEx and UPS both are much, much better than USPS!

Jeremy,
Never did get that quote from you on shipping the ATI/KZ T5 lamps, our online chat started at 5/11/12 3:12 PM and ended5/11/12 5:52 PM with no definitive answer on shipping method per our chat, it was like you just stop or left with out saying anything. Sent you an email same day with our chat log to refresh your mind Monday and hopefully finish the quote. As of now no email.

With that said if you have time to get online today and complain about USPS then you should have time to finish a simple shipping quote. People like myself who can’t justify paying UPS $100 bucks to ship four T5 lamps, look for the most cost efficient shipping. Perhaps your dislike for USPS is way I never got the quote from you.

Don’t know if USPS was cheaper, but if I could save some money then I’ll take my chances with USPS the odds are still better then playing black jack in Vegas.

Please don’t take this the wrong way and I’m sure I’ll purchase from PA in the future but, I gave my money and two big thumbs up to Hellolights!

As we say in Hawaii
Pau hana brahda

Unread 05/15/2012, 09:57 AM   #13
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Hey Scott, I sent you an email back yesterday morning at 11am our time approximately with your USPS quote. We do not work the weekends, so that was the first chance I saw your email. With USPS you were still looking at $54 to ship those lamps. I know it's costly going out to you, but still saves you half over what UPS would charge.

Unread 05/15/2012, 04:24 PM   #14
Da Maui life
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Scott, I sent you an email back yesterday morning at 11am our time approximately with your USPS quote. We do not work the weekends, so that was the first chance I saw your email. With USPS you were still looking at $54 to ship those lamps. I know it's costly going out to you, but still saves you half over what UPS would charge.
Mahalo for responding!

I understand you guys are closed weekends, ‘as noted in my last post‘ but nothing came through my email box Monday or as of today. Got back online Monday and was told your not available, I just think it could have been handled when I was online with you the first time. 3:12 PM - 5:52 PM should have been enough time for a shipping quote. As I've been told you only ship out USPS two times a week so things can take some time to reach intended destination via USPS, perhaps more probable for my location. It's all about timing for me I can't run down the street and pick up what I need 95% of what I need is just not available on island.

It’s nothing personal and you guys have great customer service but, I placed an order with Hellolights Monday after not receiving any response.

Mahalo,
Scott