Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/19/2018, 08:20 PM   #1
mickeyfish
Registered Member

Pacific Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

So I went to the LFS today with the intent of getting a Dwarf Angel for my Biocube 32. I wanted a Pygmy Cherub (Centropyge Argi), however none in stock. There seems to be a shortage of Caribbean fish (in the NE at least).

In any case, I was sold a Pacific Pygmy Angelfish or Centropyge flavicauda. I was told they were just as reef safe as the Carribean pygmy’s (which I know is still hit or miss) but now I am reading otherwise.

https://m.liveaquaria.com/product/456/?pcatid=456

Anyone have experience with this fish? He is on the tank with lots of softies and LPS along with two clowns, a royal gramma, and a cardinal fish.

My other option was a Coral Beauty but I decided the tank was likely too small for him.

mickeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2018, 07:44 AM   #2
Cliving1
Registered Member

I have had this angel before, no issues with coral, in my experience. Zoomed in and out of rock work, had really stunning blue detail

Cliving1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2018, 08:27 AM   #3
mickeyfish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliving1 View Post
I have had this angel before, no issues with coral, in my experience. Zoomed in and out of rock work, had really stunning blue detail

Thanks. Behavior so far is just that, in and out of the rocks always picking away.

Color is great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickeyfish is offline   Reply With Quote