Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/28/2016, 11:52 PM   #1
nly04
Registered Member

Osmolator 3155

Hi Victor,
What is the process to open an RMA to send back an osmolator 3155 for repair. My unit all the sudent is stop working, the green level light stay on after a beep and no water pump in.
I soak the both optical and float sensor in vinager for an hour then clean the sensor with RODI. I open the controller to inspect and controller look clean. Please help. I will maunally top off start from today. Thx

nly04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/29/2016, 09:41 AM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

We don't use RMA's it is myself, my wife and two other guys and I do all repairs personally. Just send in the controller, pump and power supply, be sure to seal the pump in a bag just in case it still is wet. Include a note with return address and phone number and it will usually be done within a day of receipt.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/29/2016, 11:27 AM   #3
nly04
Registered Member

I will sent it out using fedex standard overnight today and I will include the return shipping label. Thank you Victor.

Unread 02/01/2016, 12:04 PM   #4
nly04
Registered Member

Hi Roger. Please keep me update. Thank you.

Unread 02/01/2016, 12:27 PM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Will do, I believe it just arrived and I should have it done tomorrow.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 02/02/2016, 11:27 AM   #6
rvitko
RC Sponsor

The primary issue is a bad pump we will replace under warranty, however, you have two other potential problems. The power supply tip that plugs into the Osmolator is corroded and makes poor contact. This is due to water damage and would not be covered under warranty. Likely the tip landed in a sump or puddle. It works, but the connection is not the most secure. It is up to you if you want this replaced, they run $20.16. The magnet holder is also wrong. The outside magnet should be smaller in diameter, it seems the outside magnets were swapped with another Tunze product. The danger here is that the magnet holders are designed so the float is shielded from the magnetic field, a stronger or different magnet can in some cases affect the float switch. It may be fine as it is depending on glass thickness, but I wanted to bring it to your attention.

Unread 02/02/2016, 11:49 AM   #7
nly04
Registered Member

I have few difference type of magnet from tunze at home, I will replace it when it come back. The power supply, I don't know why it corroded because I mount the control and the power supply outside the stand. Again, Thank you very much Rodger for the pump and for quick turn around. I will keep my eye on glass thickness and mounting the float switch when I put it back. Would you ship it back to me today using the return label that I included.

Unread 02/02/2016, 01:09 PM   #8
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I'm going to try to improve the connection of the power by cleaning the tip, it is really sensitive as is and only works in just the right position. It is the inner positive that is corroded. I plan to get it out today, however we don't have Fedex service so I need to take it to a FedEx center.

Unread 02/02/2016, 01:47 PM   #9
nly04
Registered Member

Thank you Rodger. I really appreciate for your help.