Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > North Carolina Marine Aquarium Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/08/2014, 10:28 PM   #1
Beenalongtime79
Registered Member

High Quality Reef Setup for Sale in Durham NC

So it is with heavy heart that I post this... I am in the process of slowly prepping my current house for sale or rental and my reef tank must go so that I can lay down new carpet. I am saddened as I have enjoyed putting the tank together and watching it go through various transformations throughout the years. I am located in the Durham, NC area close to the Southpoint Mall.

Anyways, it's a very nice setup with some great equipment and inhabitants.

All of the equipment I would consider fairly high quality. Kessil 350 LEDS, Maxspect Mazzara P LED unit with wireless controller. Deltec AP600 skimmer. Eheim 1262 return pumps and feeder pumps. Reeftek Calcium reactor with CO2 tank. AquaEuro chiller. Tunze 6100 pumps on a 7095 controller. Reefkeeper lite controller with 3 powerstrips and the module for ph and orp monitoring. Bulk reef supply 5 stage RO/DI system with complete auto top off system and retaining brute drilled trash can. Litermeter dosing system with companion pump (so can does both carbonate/alk and calcium chloride independently). Bulk reef supply GFO and carbon up-flow reactors.

Multitude of test kits: Salifert Alk, Ca, Magnesium, Iodine, phosphate, nitrate. Hanna Marine test kits (the nice ones that use the electronic colorimeter): alkalinity and phosphate. Lots of two part mix from BRS ready with all of the mixing containers and redundant holding containers.

Tank is shallow rimless with 3 sides using starphire (low Fe) glass. Dimensions are 48"x24"x16" (80 gallons display). Stand is excellent and strong. The bottom of the stand where sump lies is coated in epoxy. The sump is tri-compartment with buffering dividers (total gallonage ~40 gallons). Total system is probably 100-110 gallons of water volume. I use a herbie overflow system so the overflow is very quiet.

I am sure I am forgetting a bunch of stuff. I have a lot of reef equipment built up over the years. Two old Mak4 pressure rated pumps which still work great. Various smaller tanks of varying sizes. Bunch of 5 gallon buckets. Refractometer, I think I still have close to 200 gallon mix of Instant Ocean salt as well. There really is a lot of stuff to list.

Please see the pictures to see all that is available. I am looking for $2000 for the whole setup and I would very much not like to parse out everything although I am sure I could get more if I were to, but I want to keep the whole tank intact since all the fish and corals have lived together for quite awhile. If someone were able to haul the whole setup with all additional equipment and knick knacks, and I mean everything, I would let it go for $1750. To be honest, if you were spec-ing out a new system comparable to this one, it'd be close to $5000.

Inhabitants include:

1. Mated pair of ocellaris clownfish
2. Blue Spotted Rabbitfish
3. Blue Hippo Tang (really intense color)
4. Blue/Green Mandarin Goby (really intense colors)
5. Yellow Watchman Goby with Paired Tiger Pistol Shrimp
6. Melanarus Wrasse
7. Sailfin Algae Blenny

Various corals, including SPS, LPS and soft corals. Live rock was actually pukani dry rock and it is light, porous and just amazing rock. You might be able to buy this rock for 9-10 bucks for pound live, but doubt you can find any of this stuff live sold anywhere. Best place now is to get it from BRS as dry rock and just seed it and within a year in good tank conditions, you will have some of the prettiest rock out there. There is roughly 80 pounds of the rock in the system now.

Feel free to contact me through the forum as well Leave your number in your PM and I will get back to you ASAP to answer any questions and to discuss possible pickup/moving plans for the tank. Please, realistic offers only and no lowballing. I am not trading for anything at this moment as I am trying to get rid of stuff for my eventual move to another house.

With something like this, I would very much like the person to come and see the whole setup so they know what they are getting into... This is an advanced setup and a lot of the daily tasks like water replacement have been automated. All that I do is feed the tank occasionally, clean the skimmer every 2 weeks and change the filter media (GFO and carbon) once a months so once setup it can be fairly low maintenance. However, I have felt that I have neglected it for a few months now and would really like to find a new home for this amazing setup.

Cheers,
John

Beenalongtime79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/02/2014, 02:55 PM   #2
vipjd39
Registered Member

is your tank still available?

vipjd39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/06/2016, 07:26 PM   #3
ericvillela23
Registered Member

are u selling separate stuff and how much if so for the kessil 1 only