Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/27/2017, 04:36 PM   #26
Greg 45
Registered Member

I have been using Aquarium Engineering with good results.
Look at there web sight .

Greg 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2017, 08:37 PM   #27
biecacka
Registered Member

AP regulator is not the best in the business by a long shot. they are good dependable regulators, sure. but search that thread on this site to DIY on a regulator and those dual stage units will blow the AP out of the water no doubt.
reactor wise, i am partial to the GEO as that is what i run and have only ran. it has been very stable for me and is top notch in build quality.

corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2017, 10:59 PM   #28
tlc
Registered Member

i am surprised nobody hasnt mentioned dastaco reactors. they cost a ton but are regarded as one of the best out there

tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2017, 11:23 PM   #29
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
i am surprised nobody hasnt mentioned dastaco reactors. they cost a ton but are regarded as one of the best out there
Dastaco’s are great but you can get the same kind of performance if not better from a quality reactor coupled with a Masterflex and good regulator. I love my Geo 818 coupled with my Masterflex 7523-80 and Carbon Doser regulator. It’s so set it and forget it that I never have to touch my reactor and my controller never has to intervene with the Co2. My 20 pound Co2 tank lasts well over 2 years and 700 gallon systems always has rock solid Ca and Alk levels. Best is that I have infinite control over my flow rates down to 1/10th ml/min and never have effluent clogs. The only thing I need to do is add media every several months.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/27/2017, 11:40 PM   #30
scuzy
Registered Member

Gotta agree with Scott a mastrrflex will make life super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2017, 11:07 PM   #31
ca1ore
Grizzled & Cynical

Cannot speak to the Carbon doser regulator being 'best', but I've been using the Milwaukee unit (bought from AP for a planted tank ironically) on my CaRx for almost 15 years without any problems.

Got back into the hobby ..... planned to keep it simple ..... yeah, right ..... clearly I need a new plan! Pet peeve: anemones host clowns; clowns do not host anemones!

Current Tank Info: 450 Reef; 120 refugium; 60 Frag Tank, 30 Introduction tank; multiple QTs
ca1ore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2017, 06:51 AM   #32
nickgardner88
Registered Member

dastaco reactor, is expensive but worth it, have tried many reactors over the years, started with a lifereef (the pump died multiple times), deltec aqua bee pump died and leaked (replaced multiple times) , tried atb with palmer pump.

the dastaco has been the most reliable and consistent, no ph probe, or worrying about effluent flow

it just works, need more alk turn a dial, simple.

nickgardner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2017, 02:30 PM   #33
Fishy27
Registered Member

I recommend Marine technical concepts. i have all their products for years all going strong over 15 yrs..

Fishy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2017, 02:54 PM   #34
hkgar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgardner88 View Post
dastaco reactor, is expensive but worth it, have tried many reactors over the years, started with a lifereef (the pump died multiple times), deltec aqua bee pump died and leaked (replaced multiple times) , tried atb with palmer pump.

the dastaco has been the most reliable and consistent, no ph probe, or worrying about effluent flow

it just works, need more alk turn a dial, simple.
Sounds nice but at $2500 it is too far out of reach for me.

180 gallon, 40 gallon sump, 3 250 W MH + 4 80W ATI T5's, MTC MVX 36 Skimmer, Apex controller Aquamaxx T-3 CaRx

Current Tank Info: A 2 Barred Rabbitfish, Red Head Salon, Yellow/Purple, McMaster Fairy, Possum, 2 Leopard Wrasses, Kole, & Atlantic Blue Tangs, 2 Percula Clown, 3 PJ and 1 Banggai Cardinalfish , Swallowtail, Bellus and Coral Beauty Angels
hkgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2017, 04:42 PM   #35
reefwiser
Registered Member

+3 dastaco

September 23rd,2017 11 am till 3pm
Saint Thomas Fellowship hall,9616 Westport Road,Louisvi
reefwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2018, 07:57 PM   #36
Hooligan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgardner88 View Post
dastaco reactor, is expensive but worth it, have tried many reactors over the years, started with a lifereef (the pump died multiple times)...
Every piece of Lifereef equipment I own or have otherwise seen has been extremely well-designed and constructed - literally exemplary. Why you would replace it rather than simply getting a good quality pump is beyond me - pretty much the perfect fit for the old "don't throw away the baby with the bathwater" cliche!