Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/12/2018, 07:44 PM   #1
kynan
Registered Member

Marineland 300DD shout out

Been in this hobby a long time. In 2015 I had a miracles 240g that had exchanged hands several times and developed a slow drip from some seam. I bought a new 300dd. Great tank. Finished basement tank (exercise room with cheapo carpet) with spills here and there. Went to go get bait to go fishing Monday from the fridge down there and found 150g on the floor with water pouring from a bottom seam. Frantically searched craigslist for a replacement, nothing. Called the store where I got it from, and described the issue. Long and short of it, it seems that that era tank had some QC issues. They have agreed to do a full warranty replacement for the tank. Had it in hand 2 days later and everything tonight is restored as it was. The carpet can dry out and that "smell" will dissipate as usual. Couple of losses here and there, and plumbing costs, but not looking to ramp up a claim issue. All said happy with the customer service and marineland stepping up! Shout out to my local shop, Aquatic Wildlife in CT too!

Unread 10/13/2018, 04:44 AM   #2
ravi197699
Registered Member

It is always good to hear positive outcome, We see ton of bad experience stories but this is great, they have earned you as permanent customrer... Good Luck ...

ravi197699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2018, 05:31 PM   #3
NeverlosT
A bit fishy

Glad to hear that they took care of you! I, for one, have heard far too many of these 300DD seam split stories at this point to consider them for a future build.

I hope that your new tank is rock solid, and again, it is great to hear that they worked fast to help you.

NeverlosT is offline   Reply With Quote