Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/06/2013, 10:36 PM   #1
triggreef
Registered Member

Quarantine keeping between fish

What do you do to keep your cycle between fish. Just wondering. I know its not suggested to qt multiple fish together but I do it because its much more expensive to do one or two at a time as opposed to 6 or 8.

Currently I have 4 tangs, 4 wrasses, an angel and a blenny that were qt'd together in a 90g qt and are soon going to there respective tanks. There may be a gap between when they leave and I get new fish, so just wondering what to to to keep the bio load going in the tank. I'll probably be qt'ing several fish together again as I don't think there's anything too delicate I'm planning to get next round.

triggreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2013, 10:51 PM   #2
snake42490
Registered Member

There are a couple things you can do. I usually QT multiple fish together.. But I always make sure they are compatible.

You could either keep some media on your Display tank that you could take out to instantly seed the tank. Or have a rock or something that you could also take out. Just make sure not to put it back in! I usually just keep a giant bottle of instant cycle around and whenever I am going to add a fish I just put a dose of that stuff in. I have yet to have that not work for me! Hope that helps. You could technically feed the QT tank, but the water would get nasty with uneaten fish food.

snake42490 is offline   Reply With Quote