Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/01/2015, 06:57 AM   #2601
reefwiser
Registered Member

I am doing good with the one Mp10
In my tank now. I have to Tunze 6040's in the tank still turned off for now.

September 23rd,2017 11 am till 3pm
Saint Thomas Fellowship hall,9616 Westport Road,Louisvi
reefwiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2015, 01:24 PM   #2602
jguinn
Registered Member

Day two review of the WAVs... I hate to say it, but I think I made a mistake. They're just too powerful for the Fusion 40. I've played around with placement and no matter what I do I can't keep them from causing a sandstorm in the tank.

So now comes the tough question: do I buy another MP10 and shelf the WAVs for a while? Or do I go ahead and start the process of collecting equipment for a larger tank???

Unread 12/01/2015, 01:31 PM   #2603
Reduck
Because I can....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jguinn View Post
Day two review of the WAVs... I hate to say it, but I think I made a mistake. They're just too powerful for the Fusion 40. I've played around with placement and no matter what I do I can't keep them from causing a sandstorm in the tank.

So now comes the tough question: do I buy another MP10 and shelf the WAVs for a while? Or do I go ahead and start the process of collecting equipment for a larger tank???

My vote: clean and store for larger tank. I had an MP40 in the 40 for a week and had no issues with it. I also never ran it above 20%!
I'd be tempted to ask you to borrow them to test in my 75

Current Tank Info: CADlights SAIO 75G, control, dosing and feeding by Apex, lights and pumps by Ecotech, ATO by Tunze, Skimmer by Bubble Magus, Reactor by Innovative Marine
Reduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2015, 01:34 PM   #2604
reefwiser
Registered Member

What was the problem you where having with one Mp10?

Unread 12/01/2015, 01:58 PM   #2605
River4ever
Registered Member

1 MP 10 seems to be plenty in my 40!!

River4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2015, 12:59 PM   #2606
Akrite
Registered Member

My tank has been up since May and I'm think of making changes. Currently I have from left to right the Tunze 9004, empty, Tunze ATO and heater, empty then filter sock. My 9004 works great but only fits into the first chamber. I'm thinking 2 filter socks in the first chamber then a IM ghost midsize skimmer in the second chamber.

Also some LPS don't have the color they use to and I have a Ecotech Radion XR30w Pro I could use but I'm worried it's too strong on a small tank. For those that use one what you schedule look like and what percentage? I plan to only keep LPS and soft corals. A list of my equipment and fish below.

IM Fusion 40
IM Spin Stream x2
IM 200 Micron Filter Sock x2
Current USA TrueLumen Pro 24"x 2
Tunze 9004 Skimmer
Tunze Osmolator 3155
Eheim 150w heater

Ecotech Radion XR30w - from another tank

2x Helfrichi Firefish
2x Purple Firefish
2x Firefish
2x Yasha Goby

Last edited by Akrite; 12/04/2015 at 01:23 PM.
Akrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2015, 01:51 PM   #2607
Akrite
Registered Member

A few lines got deleted but I'm asking for advice on if I should switch to the ghost skimmer and run two filter sock or not. I'm also asking if I should add another TrueLumen or two, I currently have the blue and blue/white strips or setup my Radion Pro. If I use the Pro how should I setup my light scheduled song don't melt my Zoas and LPS. All suggestions welcomed.

Unread 12/04/2015, 07:52 PM   #2608
reefwiser
Registered Member

Here is my Radion schedule. It is from the Ecotech users group on FaceBook and by member Nav.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx4bu2wl7b...4.etg.xml?dl=0

I have it set at 35 percent intensity I have Zoa's and lps in the tank as well as SPS. found 35 percent after using a Par meter to get my intensity down as I was burning SPS and having frags die after a week in the tank.

The ghost skimmer is not as good as the 9004 I have one in that same chamber. I added a Santa Monica Drop 1.2 algae scrubber and Otha's really helped by tank.
I also have a GHL doser 2 for my Balling method dosing.

Unread 12/05/2015, 02:22 PM   #2609
brad65ford
Registered Member

Guys, need some advice on a replacement pump for our 40 fusion. The stock pump has been clicking, also thinking about finding one that runs cooler if possible with the same output. Any suggestions?

Unread 12/06/2015, 10:29 AM   #2610
Rtankster
Registered Member

Sicce 2.0 is pretty widely used, I'm happy with mine

Rtankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2015, 11:27 AM   #2611
brad65ford
Registered Member

+1 Actually ordered the same one yesterday. Thinking it will be a little more at full power then needed.

Unread 12/07/2015, 07:39 PM   #2612
chagovatoloco
Registered Member

I love mine, but when it was new it made noise. Upon inspection I noticed that the plastic impeller was glued on a little offset. So I sanded the plastic down so it was even and like magic, no more noise.

chagovatoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/07/2015, 07:50 PM   #2613
brad65ford
Registered Member

Ok FYI for people purchasing the 2.0 for the Fusion 40. It will not fit unless you remove the adjustment nose piece. What i'm very surprised with is its doesn't flow as much as I thought it would over stock especially for the size it is. Regardless I'm now running this only and no other pumps but would like a little more flow. Running the stock plumping and nozzles which seems to be the best for flow in the tank, didn't like the spinstream thingys or larger nozzles.

Unread 12/07/2015, 10:08 PM   #2614
Akrite
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwiser View Post
Here is my Radion schedule. It is from the Ecotech users group on FaceBook and by member Nav.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx4bu2wl7b...4.etg.xml?dl=0

I have it set at 35 percent intensity I have Zoa's and lps in the tank as well as SPS. found 35 percent after using a Par meter to get my intensity down as I was burning SPS and having frags die after a week in the tank.

The ghost skimmer is not as good as the 9004 I have one in that same chamber. I added a Santa Monica Drop 1.2 algae scrubber and Otha's really helped by tank.
I also have a GHL doser 2 for my Balling method dosing.
Thank for the schedule I'm going to start it at 20% and work up to 30-35%. Reseaching Santa Monica Drop 1.2 algae scrubber vs IM reactor with biopellects.

Unread 12/08/2015, 06:28 AM   #2615
reefwiser
Registered Member

Scrubber once purchased needs only cleaned once a month. Bio pellets will need to be looked after. Simple works.

Unread 12/09/2015, 11:14 PM   #2616
MatnNatsReef
Registered Member

Which skimmers are recommended for this tank? I'm fed up with the micro bubble problems with the Ghost. It's been running for 3 months with hardly any reduction. I'm running it in chamber 4(Left to Right) and have a Tunze ATO keeping things level.

MatnNatsReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2015, 11:39 PM   #2617
chagovatoloco
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad65ford View Post
Ok FYI for people purchasing the 2.0 for the Fusion 40. It will not fit unless you remove the adjustment nose piece. What i'm very surprised with is its doesn't flow as much as I thought it would over stock especially for the size it is. Regardless I'm now running this only and no other pumps but would like a little more flow. Running the stock plumping and nozzles which seems to be the best for flow in the tank, didn't like the spinstream thingys or larger nozzles.
There is debate on this, but I feel adding power heads that work with the filter pump and not against it is the best way to add flow.

chagovatoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2015, 05:19 AM   #2618
reefwiser
Registered Member

Tunze 9004 skimmer I have it in the far left overflow compartment. With a filter sock on the far right overflow. Works get once set all I do is take off the cup once a day and clean.

Unread 12/13/2015, 11:44 AM   #2619
reeffer1983
Registered Member.

5 month update

Setup mu IM 40 7/11/15 and all is well. really the only problem/concern I have is that I cant seem to rid the rocks of all that white crappy stuff that lays on them. I blow them off when I do a WC and everything gets in the water column, but I cant seem to filter it out of the system. Any suggestions? In the back I have a Custom Caddy all the way in the left chamber with filter floss on top, yellow sponge, carbon, and phosphate pads. Next chamber closer to middle is IM Reactor with alternating carbon and GFO. Middle is heater, return pump, and Tunze ATO sensors. 2nd to last chamber moving right is all but empty except Chaeto rubber banded to a rock sitting on the bottom, and finally the far left chamber is my Tunze 9004 skimmer. Im up for any hep I can get here, of all the tanks Ive had this one doesn't seem to filter like others Ive had that included canister filters or sumps. I also have an MP10, and Radion WR15. I am running 2 part B-Ionic with my DOS from Apex. The entire tank is Apex controlled.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8787.jpg (38.7 KB, 72 views)
reeffer1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/13/2015, 11:20 PM   #2620
MatnNatsReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwiser View Post
Tunze 9004 skimmer I have it in the far left overflow compartment. With a filter sock on the far right overflow. Works get once set all I do is take off the cup once a day and clean.
Appreciate the info.

Unread 12/15/2015, 07:30 AM   #2621
g8gxp
Registered Member

Apologies if this is not the right thread for it, but i am coming back to the hobby after a 5 year hiatus. Had a 120 previously, but this time around am looking at something smaller and easier. Contemplating between an IM and a Red Sea since they both seem to be mostly turnkey. I really like having everything in one tank and none of the issues that are inherent with plumbing to a sump underneath the tank, but on the other hand having a sump to hold a bunch of stuff is nice too.

Any opinions from those that have gone from sump to AIO or vice versa?

Unread 12/15/2015, 08:05 AM   #2622
River4ever
Registered Member

I went from 120 with a 40 sump to the IM 40 AIO & I have been very happy with it! Up and running since the beginning of October! Do your home work and buy top notch equipment Skimmer, ATO, Light, etc... And you will really enjoy the low maintenance of this particular tank! IMO

Good Luck

River4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/15/2015, 10:07 AM   #2623
MatnNatsReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8gxp View Post
Apologies if this is not the right thread for it, but i am coming back to the hobby after a 5 year hiatus. Had a 120 previously, but this time around am looking at something smaller and easier. Contemplating between an IM and a Red Sea since they both seem to be mostly turnkey. I really like having everything in one tank and none of the issues that are inherent with plumbing to a sump underneath the tank, but on the other hand having a sump to hold a bunch of stuff is nice too.

Any opinions from those that have gone from sump to AIO or vice versa?
Years back I ran an 180gal with Lifereef sump/reactor/skimmer/ATO and now run an IM40Gal. Doing it all over again I might have gone with the Red Sea Reefer. I miss having the sump and the extra storage space for equipment. It's not a huge negative and I'm very satisfied with the IM. The equipment space constraint is by far the biggest drawback. On the other hand since the IM doesn't come with a hood or lighting I was able to pick exactly what I wanted(Kessil). As someone else pointed out above just make sure to go with good high quality equipment(an ATO is a must on the IM) and setup a QT tank for incoming inhabitants. That will save you a ton of headaches no matter what you choose.

Unread 12/15/2015, 01:12 PM   #2624
reefwiser
Registered Member

Really don't need a lot of equipment to run a tank.
I have the following equipment
Xr30 gen 3 Pro Radion
9004 Tunze skimmer
1.2 Drop Santa Monica filtration algae scrubber.
GHL doser 2 for balling method
2 Ecotech mp 10 wQd powerheads.
Nothing more is needed.

Unread 12/16/2015, 06:03 AM   #2625
reefwiser
Registered Member

forgot to add that I also have a tunze ATO 3155.