Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/27/2016, 09:47 PM   #176
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstreet.1 View Post
Thank you very much for the info I just sent them an email about that.
The model I was looking at is the SAMPLE SET 5c

Onelove.
Please send me the email so we can walk this through and avoid any confusion. I will PM you my email address. Please send me an email including every option you want including skimmer, pump, led's media reactors, inlet fitting sizes, etc.
Please include your ship to address and also your nearest international airport assuming you have the ability to pick it up from there. It can save a lot of mone as a big part of the cost is domestic shipping. These ship in large crates so shipping even through the states can be very expensive. I also should have said that it likely to be a few months before any new Dreamboxes go to production since the move is scheduled for this summer and no new Dreamboxe orders are being planned for production until after the move. As such, it's likely to be even longer before custom Dreamboxes ship. The tentative plan is for Dreamboxes to be built for US stock before custom orders go through. We don't know yet what those will be or when they will arrive but it's possible they arrive this summer. Time will tell. In the meantime, send me that email and we can get you some numbers.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 05/27/2016 at 09:54 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/27/2016, 09:53 PM   #177
greenstreet.1
Registered Member

Just Pmed you my email making the list now

Onelove.

greenstreet.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2016, 07:11 AM   #178
michaelrc51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty150 View Post
lol, have you seen the prices people in here stated they paid for shipping from Germany?

$2,000-$2,300 - the few that stated the cost have stated - that is just for shipping.

No way shipping from Florida is going to be anywhere near that much.

Plus the ones in Florida will not be "custom" made to order - they will be pre-made so that should help the price as well.

So, overall the price should be great for us in the US, finally.
I am surprised, the freight quote I got is just under 700 EUR. That is picked up at JFK airport. At that price I don't think it would be much cheaper for a pallet from FL to NJ.
I sure hope the freight quote from Torsten, which was forwarded from the freight carrier, isn't close......$2k would be an issue.

I ordered a 7B with a few variations anyway so I guess mine is a little custom.

Last edited by michaelrc51; 05/28/2016 at 07:20 AM.
michaelrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2016, 09:26 AM   #179
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrc51 View Post
I am surprised, the freight quote I got is just under 700 EUR. That is picked up at JFK airport. At that price I don't think it would be much cheaper for a pallet from FL to NJ.
I sure hope the freight quote from Torsten, which was forwarded from the freight carrier, isn't close......$2k would be an issue.

I ordered a 7B with a few variations anyway so I guess mine is a little custom.
You are correct about cost to transport it from Fl to NJ.. The cost between DIM weight, insurance and transport would probably be near that price. That said, if it were shipping direct from Germany to you, it likely wouldn't be going through Fl anyways.

Counter to Counter is much cheaper than Door To Door. These typically ship in a crate that is about the size of a coffin and in some cases larger. On the US side, the carriers charge by DIM weight meaning that even if the shipment only weighs 200 pounds, they will calculate a much heavier weight because of the odd size. Insurance/declared value also adds a huge chunk to the cost on the domestic transport. Then there is a lift gate fee if you don't have a forklift. Residential delivery fees etc. The freight companies get you at every end which is why I recommend picking up at the airport assuming you are near a major international one. Only downside to picking up at the AP besides having some able bodied friends and a pickup truck or van is the additional customs paperwork you need to complete on this side. Fortunately customs is very helpful in completing any forms in advance of the pickup and they generally contact before the shipment clears to let you know what they need from you upon pickup.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 05/28/2016, 11:41 AM   #180
michaelrc51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
You are correct about cost to transport it from Fl to NJ.. The cost between DIM weight, insurance and transport would probably be near that price. That said, if it were shipping direct from Germany to you, it likely wouldn't be going through Fl anyways.

Counter to Counter is much cheaper than Door To Door. These typically ship in a crate that is about the size of a coffin and in some cases larger. On the US side, the carriers charge by DIM weight meaning that even if the shipment only weighs 200 pounds, they will calculate a much heavier weight because of the odd size. Insurance/declared value also adds a huge chunk to the cost on the domestic transport. Then there is a lift gate fee if you don't have a forklift. Residential delivery fees etc. The freight companies get you at every end which is why I recommend picking up at the airport assuming you are near a major international one. Only downside to picking up at the AP besides having some able bodied friends and a pickup truck or van is the additional customs paperwork you need to complete on this side. Fortunately customs is very helpful in completing any forms in advance of the pickup and they generally contact before the shipment clears to let you know what they need from you upon pickup.
Yeah, I was just saying if they were going to wait until you guys are stocking them here it won't be much different. I think some people are figuring the shipping costs will be drastically less if they were in stock in FL or shipped in container with your normal stock to FL and then onto it's final destination.
This is what made me go ahead with my order, I couldn't see shipping from FL being much less than the freight I will paying for for mine from Germany.

Thanks again for all the help.

Unread 06/08/2016, 08:56 PM   #181
danrobberg
Registered Member

Just did a total cleaning of my dreambox and both rd3 pumps. Looks brand new again. I hope the 200 micron socks I just got keep it clean.

danrobberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/11/2016, 08:01 AM   #182
Shredded
Registered Member

I was the one that posted mine at 2200.00 US dollars. I started out with the 5C. Then I wanted a bigger return pump, but the controller brackets won't hold the big controllers, so I added a second RD 3 80 Watt. Then, the box wasn't big enough to hold both so we went up to the 7 series size to accommodate the two pumps (which required CNC changes for the top) Then, the 5C comes with the water top off box and I wanted to match the size of the new box, so, that was more. After all was said and done, shipping the sump, top off box, extra equipment, pumps etc, this thing while not only being the size of a coffin weighed a figurative ton. I am in OKC, so, it arrived in Houston and I paid door to door (high dollar), it was loaded on a truck and arrived at the trucking company about two miles from where I work. I couldn't wait for the delivery on Monday so my son and I drove over in his truck and picked it up. I am a body builder and my son is a big strong boy and the two of us loaded it but it was not easy. So, is 2200.00 that bad, wasn't my favorite expenditure but thinking about all that had to take place to get it from Germany to me. Also, keep in mind, that day i paid that, the dollar sucked against the Euro. It was 1.15. Doesn't seem like much but with that amount of money, its a big difference.

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/11/2016, 06:04 PM   #183
Salty150
Registered Member

Yeah... I think the vast majority would say that paying $2,200 for shipping a dreambox - is "that bad"...

Salty150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/11/2016, 06:49 PM   #184
michaelrc51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
I was the one that posted mine at 2200.00 US dollars. I started out with the 5C. Then I wanted a bigger return pump, but the controller brackets won't hold the big controllers, so I added a second RD 3 80 Watt. Then, the box wasn't big enough to hold both so we went up to the 7 series size to accommodate the two pumps (which required CNC changes for the top) Then, the 5C comes with the water top off box and I wanted to match the size of the new box, so, that was more. After all was said and done, shipping the sump, top off box, extra equipment, pumps etc, this thing while not only being the size of a coffin weighed a figurative ton. I am in OKC, so, it arrived in Houston and I paid door to door (high dollar), it was loaded on a truck and arrived at the trucking company about two miles from where I work. I couldn't wait for the delivery on Monday so my son and I drove over in his truck and picked it up. I am a body builder and my son is a big strong boy and the two of us loaded it but it was not easy. So, is 2200.00 that bad, wasn't my favorite expenditure but thinking about all that had to take place to get it from Germany to me. Also, keep in mind, that day i paid that, the dollar sucked against the Euro. It was 1.15. Doesn't seem like much but with that amount of money, its a big difference.
Sounds similar to mine. Originally I was going with a 7B with 2 RD3 80 watt pumps and then ended up going with 2 RD3 150 watt return pumps.
I am just thinking what all you got cause it sounds like we bought pretty similar stuff and mine was 275 lbs with the sumps, pumps , skimmer, 3 reactors, and all the extras. Sounds like the only difference is the ATO?

My shipping was under $1k and I think the exchange rate was 1.13 that day.

I will get pics up later this week. Picked it up last week.

Unread 07/11/2016, 07:27 PM   #185
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Yeah... I think the vast majority would say that paying $2,200 for shipping a dreambox - is "that bad"...
The door to door adds a huge amount to the transit. Domestic carriers charge a lot for shipping due to the crate size. Flying it across the ponds airport to airport is one thing but domestic transport adds substantial costs. Same can be said about domestic sump builders who ship high cost sumps and tanks in crates. Much of the cost isn't based on actual weight but dimensional weight due to space allotments in the trucks that transport them. Adding things like ATO tanks and stuff increases the height of the crate which also adds to the "DIM value/cost". Then you start adding the skimmers, pumps and other things and insurance drives the cost up substantially. Especially once it gets into domestic carriers hands.

On the flip side, if you look at the tanks of many Dreambox owners systems, these installs are virtually no expense spared installations. In fact, the cost of the Dreambox and shipping is only a fraction of what is being spent on the complete systems. If you have never seen one in person, you will never understand the design, craftsmanship and build quality of the Dreambox. These are not like ANY other sump on the market. Not even close. Nor are the Bubble King skimmers and the pumps and other components that go with them. Some would say that Kia will do the same thing as a Mercedes, Austin Martin or Bently but rest assured, you would be much more comfortable driving across the country in the Bently than a Kia. The Dreambox's ARE the Bently's or Austin Martins of the sump industr but from an craftsmanship and aesthetic point of view, there isn't another product out there that is remotely close. Some may look similar but they don't use the PVC that the Dreambox uses. Even the clear Windows and lids on the Dreambox are made from transparent PVC. Not acrylic. These will NEVER craze, crack, bow, deflect or have seams that seperate. They will never yellow either and can always been cleaned to look like new even after 10 years of abuse.

In most installations, they become the focal point beyond the display. In fact, very often, people fret when it comes to covering their stands or enclosing them because these sumps are as close to works of art as you can get when it comes to a filter box. Some have added Windows to their filter rooms and closets just so the Dreambox can be seen. Granted, these are certainly not for everybody. Most people can't afford them but those that can have a taste for unsurpassed quality and the "finer things in life".

If you don't believe me, just ask Dreambox owners. I have nothing to gain from Dreambox sales other than knowing that once they arrive with customers, I always hear how happy they are and how worth the cost it wait it was. Royal Exclsuiv USA gains absolutely nothing from the sale of these., While I don't own a Dreambox because one wouldn't fit below my tank through the doors, I would in a heartbeat if they made them in custom sizes so I get a pair of them through my openings. When you compare the costs of making custom sumps like I had to, the reality is that the cost of the Dreambox even with shipping isn't all that bad. Especially for the larger ones. If you have it shipped direct to a major airport, the price is actually pretty good when compared with a larger custom designed sump. In fact, the custom sumps I designed for my 480 gallon display cost me a small fortune to have made and more than a Dreambox would have. They aren't anywhere near as nice though they work great for my needs and those of my system.

If you are going to attend MACNA this year, we should have at least 1 on display there and you can see them first hand.

Last edited by slief; 07/11/2016 at 07:45 PM.
Unread 07/11/2016, 10:21 PM   #186
Shredded
Registered Member

What he said. Couldn't have said it better.

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2016, 07:12 AM   #187
michaelrc51
Registered Member

Here is my Dreambox 7B with 3 reactors and dual RD3 150watt return pumps.

Unread 08/16/2016, 10:06 AM   #188
Salty150
Registered Member

Quote:
Here is my Dreambox 7B with 3 reactors and dual RD3 150watt return pumps.
I know I am going to regret asking, lol.

But, how much was it?

Unread 08/16/2016, 10:44 AM   #189
michaelrc51
Registered Member

Quote:
I know I am going to regret asking, lol.

But, how much was it?
If they had a emoji for my left nut.....LOL.

You gotta think about whats included. These are prices of just the various parts.
BK SuperMarin 200 w/RD3 50watt--$1580.08
2, RD3 150watt pumps-- $1178.82ea = $2357.64
3.5l pellet reactor-- $266.99
3.5l media rector-- $388.99
5l media reactor-- $333.99

Totally just those parts-- $4927.69

Now that is retail and they give you a bit of a discount to order all together.
But this is one of the reasons why it is worth it. The actual sump with everything plumbed and all really isn't much money when you take the rest into account. And the quality is just like Slief says.
I don't want to say exactly what the costs were in this post, but I can guaranty it's probably much less than you think after these parts that I listed. Also, I did this a bit different and added some things like 2 return pumps so....
Scott and Marco are definitely a big asset to Royal Exclusiv and are very helpful.

Unread 08/16/2016, 10:51 AM   #190
Salty150
Registered Member

Quote:
If they had a emoji for my left nut.....LOL.
LOL, sounds about right!

It sure is nice though!

Unread 08/16/2016, 11:01 AM   #191
michaelrc51
Registered Member

Now Scott and Marco need to convince them to make Calc Reactors!

Unread 01/10/2017, 03:02 AM   #192
mike810
Registered Member

Is there any 200 micron socks available here in the US that would fit the dream box? I'm going to need a boat load of them.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/10/2017, 06:45 AM   #193
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
Is there any 200 micron socks available here in the US that would fit the dream box? I'm going to need a boat load of them.
Hi Mike; all socks are listed on the website to purchase:
http://royalexclusiv.com/Dreamboxen/...s:::58_93.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2017, 11:58 PM   #194
mike810
Registered Member

Thanks Marco for the reply. How do these hold up compared to felt of the same micron? Do they catch as much crud as the felt socks?

Unread 01/14/2017, 10:29 AM   #195
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike810 View Post
Thanks Marco for the reply. How do these hold up compared to felt of the same micron? Do they catch as much crud as the felt socks?
I find the mesh socks don't trap as much sediment as their felt counterparts when I did testing in my sump. The larger Dreamboxes are unique though in that they have different stages of socks that the water is filtered through so it's a bit different than my sump which is singe stage. It's my understanding that a 100 micron mesh is equivalent to a 200 micro felt. How true that is, I am not sure. On the other hand, the mesh socks don't back up nearly as fast so that may be advantageous to some. If I were running a Dreambox, I would likely use all 200 micron socks instead of the multiple grades of socks that they use. I say probably because I don't run one myself and unless I did, I couldn't be certain. The fact that they use different micron socks at different levels of the sock section is unique and more effective than a single stage sock arrangement that is typical of most sumps. As such, I would run it as designed before I could formulate an honest opinion.

Unread 01/15/2017, 12:14 AM   #196
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
If I were running a Dreambox, I would likely use all 200 micron socks instead of the multiple grades of socks that they use.
Funny you say that because that is what I want to do. Run all 200 micron socks so no sediment or anything for that matter gets through. The sock compartment looks like a tight squeeze and would probably be a pita to clean.

Unread 01/15/2017, 08:26 AM   #197
LesMartin
Registered Member

I ordered my dreambox with the 200 micron mesh filters. As Slief has said, they don't trap as much as a 200 micron felt filter so I tried the 100 micron mesh filters. I still wasn't really 100% happy with those either so resorted to using 200 micron felt filters. I obtained these from china via ebay as they were only £1 (approx $1.20 US) including shipping.

LesMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2017, 07:21 PM   #198
zchauvin
Registered Member

Guys anyone have a dreambox Nano? I'm looking for reviews but can't find anything online other than ************ coverage of initial launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zchauvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/15/2017, 07:51 PM   #199
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zchauvin View Post
Guys anyone have a dreambox Nano? I'm looking for reviews but can't find anything online other than ************ coverage of initial launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We one fully loaded Dreambox Nano system in stock in our Ft. Myers office. We had one at MACNA this year under the demo tank. It was beautiful. They are just like their larger Dreambox big brothers only more comapact for smaller systems.

Unread 01/15/2017, 09:55 PM   #200
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Official Royal Exclusiv Dream Box Owners Thread.

Mine is just slightly bigger than the nano size and so far I love it. I think I've had it almost a year now.

Last edited by ClownsRCoo; 01/15/2017 at 10:05 PM.
ClownsRCoo is offline   Reply With Quote