Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers > Soft Coral Identification
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/15/2018, 11:14 PM   #1
candymancan
Registered Member.

Is this a chalice. If so what kind

I purchased this coral at Petco in their misc frag section for 10$ was 15$ but i had a 5$ coupon thing on my pals card.

Ive been eyeballing it for like 2 weeks now.. Suprised no one has bought it yet. Its a super bright neon green lile nuclear radioactive neon green.. Brighter then any flourescent coral i have.

Im lucky in that my petco has a great selection of corals and hobiests who work there im not sure who they get them from but all of my coral ive gotten from them as there mucj cheaper then any local store and right by my house.

Here isa pic.. Pics dont do it justice i cant caputre its true green color on my camera due to the blue lighting.. but here it is.

[url=https://ibb.co/k4udZf]

candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2018, 06:44 PM   #2
ldballoon4
Registered Member

looks like a chalice. What the heck is Petco selling that for? That is a first!

Unread 11/17/2018, 02:53 AM   #3
candymancan
Registered Member.

They had other chalice as well. Like huge ones for 25$ about 3 inches long.

This one was under the misc pile of no names.. And was sitting there for weeks for 15$.

Petco has been selling coral for years.. im just lucky my store actually takes care of em. I got both my bubbles hammer. torch. monitpora. brain coral. acropora. and the other day i got a 4 inch tall 2 inch wide yellow porita for 59$.

But this chalice is the brightest coral ive seen as far as neon green goes. and it was dirt cheap i think. Here is my hammer and bubble i got from em the other day

Last edited by candymancan; 11/17/2018 at 02:59 AM.
Unread 11/21/2018, 08:58 PM   #4
candymancan
Registered Member.

Found out the neon green thing isnt a chalice but a neon green cabbage coral... It just looked like a chalice to me but i toucjed it and its leathery so i looked it up and found its that cabbage coral