Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/19/2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Andi76
Registered Member

Red Sea S 400 - first time to salt

Hi all.

Firstly I’m not to sure on how many of you folk have these set ups or what you know on them as I couldn’t see a whole heap on here about them.
This is my first tank in the salt world so thought it would be good to share with you my experience of this set up and whilst at the same time gaining as much feedback as possible. I have spent months reading through this forum and reading new things all the time doing my best to expand my know how but I don’t think there is anything better than the practical side of things.
As much as I’d like to say I’m ready for this I know it will not be ready each and every day for something new that comes along and I like many of you only want the best for my mixed tank.

Thins my take some time but if a vision and I will work on that.

Tomorrow the tank arrives and I’ll get the build on. I’ll let you know how things flow with a so called plug and play to a complete novice. For now I have cleared the corner of the living room ready for my hobby that is about to consume what ever spare time I have obsessing over something I have had my eye on for many years.

I hope I time you can say that you helped create a bit in the corner of my living room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andi76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/19/2017, 11:25 PM   #2
JUNBUG361
Registered Member

Are you sure you want to put the tank on the corner?

JUNBUG361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/20/2017, 04:43 AM   #3
Andi76
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUNBUG361 View Post
Are you sure you want to put the tank on the corner?

I was but you have added a seed of doubt? Why would you question this?

I chose the location as it is on full view of the living room, the room holds a stable temperature, no direct sun light, I will still be able to access the rear too when needed. On the negatives I will loose the view from the left hand side.

Unread 12/21/2017, 01:48 AM   #4
Andi76
Registered Member

It landed.

For any of you who wonder how it arrives hers a shot.
A well packed pallet and case. Be aware.... the closest it’s getting to you is your drive way. Be prepared you will have to carry every thing in from where ever they deliver it so I would not advise it if you have a few flights to climb.

Unread 12/23/2017, 01:29 AM   #5
JUNBUG361
Registered Member

I like seeing the whole view of the tank(left, front & right). Not just half of the tank. That’s just me, not trying to alter your decision. It’s just to nice of a tank to show half

JUNBUG361 is offline   Reply With Quote