Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/17/2017, 01:37 PM   #51
extendedmango
Registered Member

Because of the increase in tank size, could I get an additional fish? I would really like to get a white spotted Pygmy filefish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extendedmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 02:20 PM   #52
ReefWreak
Registered Member

It looks like from LiveAquaria that they would be fine for a 30g tank, but 20g might be too small. You might want to ask in the Reefcentral general fish forum area, where they'll know more about why the recommendation is 30 gallons. The existing threads on RC have people putting them in 75g tanks

Usually it's either that they need swimming room to be happy and healthy, or they eat a lot and pollute a lot. I'm not sure why for these guys, hopefully someone else over there can help.

ReefWreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 02:53 PM   #53
extendedmango
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefWreak View Post
It looks like from LiveAquaria that they would be fine for a 30g tank, but 20g might be too small. You might want to ask in the Reefcentral general fish forum area, where they'll know more about why the recommendation is 30 gallons. The existing threads on RC have people putting them in 75g tanks

Usually it's either that they need swimming room to be happy and healthy, or they eat a lot and pollute a lot. I'm not sure why for these guys, hopefully someone else over there can help.

The live aquaria recommendation confuses me b/c it ranks a 4" file the same as a 3" file on tank size. That and it never recommends 20 gallons

Unread 08/17/2017, 02:55 PM   #54
extendedmango
Registered Member

College nano plan!

I'll read over the threads and make a post in the fish forum

Unread 08/17/2017, 11:36 PM   #55
extendedmango
Registered Member

Well I think my plan for this tank is about wrapped up. I'm going to be focused on college applications and what not so I won't be quite so active. I will update again when I begin to setup the tank.

Tank plan:
-IM Fusion Nuvo 20
-IM Nano Ghost Skimmer
-2 AI Primes
-Ato
-Refugim LED
-1 large dry pukani rock
-live sand

Stocking list:
-hi fin goby
-possum wrasse
-white spot pygmy filefish
-pistol shrimp
-two cleaner shrimp
-birdsnest coral and mixed LPs and softies

Thanks for the help so far!!!

Unread 10/20/2017, 11:02 PM   #56
extendedmango
Registered Member

I'm back

Okay so I had a crazy idea. Could I buy an ats from brs and some how link it to a 22 long aquarium? I don't want it mounted above and a sump isn't an option. I'm going to post this in the diy forum eventually but I wanted to see what you all think.

Unread 11/05/2017, 10:23 PM   #57
extendedmango
Registered Member

I realized the above idea was ridiculous so I did a little more searching and found the santimonica filtration drop1.4. So here is the current plan.

New Stuff
-DROP1.4
-Tunze nanostream 6040
-IM Ato and pump
-IM diy screen lid with clips
-Some sort of Aqua Maxx aquarium (see next post)

From Current Tank
-heater
-ai prime

You may be wondering why I would switch from my earlier IM nuvo 20 plan. The main reason is that I want more of the stuff to be useful when I decide to set up my red Sea Reefer again. The IM equipment, while high-quality, is just too specific to their aquariums.

Unread 11/05/2017, 10:32 PM   #58
extendedmango
Registered Member

College nano plan!

On to the aquamaxx aquarium.

What size is best for a dorm reef. There are so many sizes available from aquamaxx that I really need help narrowing them down. What size footprint is appropriate for a dorm desk? I'm leaning towards the 32.1 gallon tall cuboid but I'm worried it is too large.

I would greatly appreciate it if some of you looked at the aquamaxx options and told me which you would buy. Here's a link--> https://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx...1-FIAQ-ct.html

Thanks!

Unread 11/19/2017, 08:39 PM   #59
extendedmango
Registered Member

College Nano Plan

Finally purchased the aquarium!!! I'll post pics on a new build thread once I receive it.