Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/23/2015, 10:29 AM   #1
d2mini
Registered Member

Control a Tunze 6105?

Thinking of trying one of these on my tank and it looks as though this is controllable via my P3ex?
Is it similar to the Vortech control? Multiple Tunze can work together?
What exactly do I need besides the pump itself and how does it connect?
I assume this means I would't need to purchase the Tunze controller?

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2015, 04:45 PM   #2
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

Hi Dennis,

I have had two of these pumps being controlled by the P3ex for 3 years now. All you need is the Tunze 1&2 cables and a splitter. Each tunze can be controlled separately, work in-sync or anti-sync with each other. As far as setup, Tunze 1 will control one tunze connected to any odd-numbered L interfaces and Tunze 2 will control any even-numbered L interfaces.

Here's the parts list:
YL2-1 (SKU: PL-0096)
Tunze 1 cable (SKU: PL-0087)
Tunze 2 cable (SKU: PL-PL-0088)

Plug the splitter into the L1 L3 socket on the P3ex. Then plug the Tunze cables to the splitter. The other end of the Tunze cable will connect onto the small Tunze control box. Tunze 1 will control L1 and Tunze 2 will do L3.

Go to the 1-10v dropdown and set L1 and L3 to 3-8v, this will allow the pumps to work properly. Go to the Current Pumps section and program the Tunze pump. You may also set feed pauses, maintenance pauses, and other options in this section.

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method

Last edited by ReefRockerLive; 01/23/2015 at 04:50 PM.
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2015, 10:56 PM   #3
d2mini
Registered Member

Awesome, thanks for the detailed explanation!

So is this for two pumps?
What if I have just one to start?

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Unread 01/24/2015, 04:21 AM   #4
ReefRockerLive
GHL Mitras LX7 Club

You can definitely start with one pump, just buy the Tunze 1 cable and plug it into the L1 L3 port and set the 1-10v setting to 3-8v, then program it. If decide to get a second 6105, you can pickup the Tunze 2 cable and a splitter, settings for the first tunze will remain the same.

Word of advice, I would label the T1 and T2 cables. I mixed them up a few times when tinkering with my setup.

Current Tank Info: Rimless 67g | GHL Profilux 3.1T eX | 2x GHL Doser 2 dosers | 2xGHL Mitras LX7 LED | Abyzz a100 | Bubble King DC 150 | 2x Vortech MP40w QD | Fauna Marin Zeomatic 2.2ltr | Fauna Marin Zeolight System | Fauna Marin Balling Light Method
ReefRockerLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2015, 08:43 AM   #5
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRockerLive View Post
You can definitely start with one pump, just buy the Tunze 1 cable and plug it into the L1 L3 port and set the 1-10v setting to 3-8v, then program it. If decide to get a second 6105, you can pickup the Tunze 2 cable and a splitter, settings for the first tunze will remain the same.

Word of advice, I would label the T1 and T2 cables. I mixed them up a few times when tinkering with my setup.
Ok cool, i just wasn't 100% sure by your first post if that was for one or two Tunze. Figured two, but wanted to make sure. Thanks again!

And yeah, i had the same problem with mixing up my level sensors on the splitter.

Unread 01/25/2015, 01:22 PM   #6
d2mini
Registered Member

What about a battery backup solution?
Anything available?

Unread 01/25/2015, 08:52 PM   #7
shaggss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
What about a battery backup solution?
Anything available?
You have to make your own Dennis. But this is quite simple enough for a man of your skills!

You need to get the Tunze Safety Connector.

Then buy your own battery and a trickle charger, which is good as you can buy any size battery you want!

Some reading:

http://thereefuge.com/threads/my-diy...ze-pumps.5133/

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2440002

HTH!

New build, planning stages. 30 x 20 x 20", Geisemann Spectra 250W with Radium, Profilux controller, Profilux doser 2, Fluval SP4 return pump, Life Reef 28
shaggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/25/2015, 09:48 PM   #8
d2mini
Registered Member

Cool, thanks Shaggss!
Doesn't look too bad. I already own a Battery Tender too.

So if the Tunze is connected to the L1/L3 port, I assume that means it doesn't have to be plugged into a Powerbar socket? Because if it does, and the power goes down, wouldn't that shut off the Tunze regardless of whether it was plugged into a battery?

Unread 01/25/2015, 10:59 PM   #9
shaggss
Registered Member

Quote:
Cool, thanks Shaggss!
Doesn't look too bad. I already own a Battery Tender too.

So if the Tunze is connected to the L1/L3 port, I assume that means it doesn't have to be plugged into a Powerbar socket? Because if it does, and the power goes down, wouldn't that shut off the Tunze regardless of whether it was plugged into a battery?
The tunze pumps' power supply is plugged into the Safety Connector. When the power cuts, the Safety Connect kicks in the battery.

New build, planning stages. 30 x 20 x 20", Geisemann Spectra 250W with Radium, Profilux controller, Profilux doser 2, Fluval SP4 return pump, Life Reef 28
Unread 01/26/2015, 07:17 AM   #10
d2mini
Registered Member

Ah, very nice.
Thanks for the pic!

Unread 01/26/2015, 07:46 AM   #11
shaggss
Registered Member

Quote:
Ah, very nice.
Thanks for the pic!
Your welcome, glad it's I that can help you for a change!