Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/05/2018, 02:43 AM   #1
dizzzy10
Registered Member

Tunze wavemakers Apex Ready

Hi,

I have a quick question with regards to the Tunze wavemakers.
I would like know if The Apex Ready statement made by apex is with agreement with Tunze or is it a statement made by Neptune based on tests completed by themselves?

I have checked Tunze website and I can't find anything that even mentions Neptune or Apex.

Thanks
Matty

dizzzy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2018, 11:41 PM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

We make no endorsement of any 3rd party controllers, with that said many people use Tunze pumps on Apex and it would only impact the warranty in the event it can be proven the 3rd party controller was the cause of the issue.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2018, 09:02 AM   #3
dizzzy10
Registered Member

Thankyou for your reply,

I have a couple of 6095 WaveMakers with 7090 controllers and I am a bit nervous about connecting them to my apex. I have a Neptune steam cable so I know the cable is correct but I just want to be sure before I connect them both together.

If I set the 7090 to external control should I be seeing a voltage on the pins of the din5 output port on the top of the controller. I did some tests and I am getting between 2.5 volts and 6.8 volts depending on what pins I check.
Is this normal? I thought the apex was the one that was meant to be outputting the control voltage.

Regards
Matty

dizzzy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2018, 11:19 PM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Their are 3 power pins and 1 is power output, another is common/ground and another is power back for control signal, with many of our controllers the pump powers the controller, the Apex would not use this pin.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote