Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/04/2011, 06:05 PM   #26
sean33laf
Registered Member

I just ordered from aquacon.com last week Mon, March 28, 2011 3:51:02 PM and got a voided UPS tracking number sent from UPS two days later Wed, March 30, 2011 6:21:06 PM
. I sent several emails to try to find out the status of my order and have got no reply via email whatsoever. I have sent an email every business day since Tue, March 29, 2011 the day before voided tracking number was sent to me asking for the status of my order and have never gotten a reply by email. I have called on Friday April 1st 2011 to ask the status of my order. I was able to get ahold of someone and said there was a problem with the credit card address and the address I was shipping to as they were different and I marked it the same (my fault) and was waiting for confirmation of my information that I gave when I ordered and was told my order would be sent out Monday (April 4th) or Tuesday (April 5th). I had a friend of mine call them today to find out if my order will be sent today the 4th or tomorrow the 5th and they told him that it would be sent tomorrow on the 5th. I thought it was kinda odd for a company to wait so long to send it so I did some research online and came across a lot of bad info about them on forums and on the better business bureau (on the BBB it says they are no longer in business) SO I thought I would share my experience good or bad about them and hopefully when i receive my order it will be as expected and not as many on here have had. I spent 160$ on that site.......I will update this if my order has been sent when they said and when I receive my order I will put every detail so that it will be without question, pics and all

sean33laf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2011, 06:17 PM   #27
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Man, I'd just cancel your order and put a claim with the credit card company. And do it fast. I can promise you that you will not receive everything on your list. It will either be missing or substituted with something else without your consent or knowledge. Just save yourself the hassle. Trust me!!!

Did You Not See My Pictures Up Above??? Might as well play Russian Roulette!!!

SoLiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2011, 06:31 PM   #28
SushiGirl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirvanaFan View Post
I've also noticed they "borrow" pictures of corals from other people/websites.
Yep, the Venustus Angel photo on there is mine. They never asked and never compensated me for it. They stole it from a Reefkeeper magazine article that I allowed it to be posted in. They also won't take it down.

SushiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2011, 04:24 PM   #29
sean33laf
Registered Member

Yes I have seen your pictures and have read all the testimonies about aquacon........after I ordered from them. I sent an email again this morning Tue, April 5, 2011 11:09:15 AM and asked if I can get the tracking number for my order. I finally got a reply(Tue, April 5, 2011 12:25:11 PM)
to one of my emails from orders.aquacon@gmail.com that said "Sure, you will receive an email tonight from FedEx with your tracking number". I also recieved a message on my answering machine from Crystal saying my order will be shipped today. I called them today as well and confirmed that my order was shipping today and asked again that the tracking number be sent to my email address. At Tue, April 5, 2011 5:46:10 PM I was sent a tracking number from fedex by SALTWATER FISH USA INC. to tell me my order was picked up and will be delivered tomorrow Wed, April 6, 2011 by 3pm. So far, everything looks likes its going good. When I receive my order, I will take pictures of the box before I open it, while I open it, and after I open it. I will also post it on here for everyone to see. I will also post the list of items ordered and pics to show if it is what it is suppose to be. I hope it is what i expect and not what many on here have reported.

Unread 04/05/2011, 05:25 PM   #30
olemiss reb
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean33laf View Post
I hope it is what i expect and not what many on here have reported.
You very well could windup being the first satisfied customer that I have heard of but I suspect your package will be full of aquaCON fail.

Unread 04/05/2011, 06:15 PM   #31
sean33laf
Registered Member

I really hope your wrong, when I get my order, we shall see. I really hope it is what its suppose to be. If not, I will deal with it then and as swiftly as I can. The whole process though I began to log as soon as I found out about the discrepancies a lot have encountered with the same company. Hopefully things have changed, wont be able to tell for sure until after I receive it tomorrow.

Unread 04/06/2011, 07:00 PM   #32
olemiss reb
Molon Labe

Quote:
I receive it tomorrow.
Did anything arrive?

Unread 04/06/2011, 08:14 PM   #33
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss reb View Post
did anything arrive?
+1 ???

Unread 04/07/2011, 02:33 PM   #34
sean33laf
Registered Member

Heres what happened......I got a call from fedex yesturday morning to tell me my order would arrive by 3pm that day. It arrived around noon and the box looked undamaged and was packed with a foam box,heatpaks, peanuts and the fish in bags as they should . When I got done unpacking I noticed 2 items missing from my order. I was missing the 2 pistol shrimp.
This is what I ordered: red and green gracillaria, Medium yellow tang, dwarf flame angel, 3 peppermint shrimp and 2 red pistol shrimp. The fish are healthy but the flame angel was gasping for air and the tangs water was grosse. The ph in the water was around 7.4 and around .25ppm ammonia. The fish are now doing great in the tank, but iam still waiting to hear back about a refund from them for the missing items . I called and left a message on the machine and sent an email. I will keep on it until I get what I deserve......a refund at least. Those that have had problems.......stay on it and keep calling and messaging everyday. Persistence is like Chinese water torture. Iam just glad I got MOST of what I ordered and the two fish were bigger than I ordered and one of the peppermints was full of eggs, but I still would of liked to been asked if I wanted a refund for the missing items if none was in supply

Unread 04/07/2011, 02:49 PM   #35
Steveb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiGirl View Post
Yep, the Venustus Angel photo on there is mine. They never asked and never compensated me for it. They stole it from a Reefkeeper magazine article that I allowed it to be posted in. They also won't take it down.
Are your pictures copyrighted?

My Tanks
50x30 ABS Tub & a 48x24 frag tank at the moment
Steve's Reef 265 Build In Progress
Steveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2011, 06:23 PM   #36
SushiGirl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baringcs View Post
Are your pictures copyrighted?
All photos are copyrighted the moment the shutter is pressed. You don't even have to put a copyright mark on them and they are still protected. Besides that, it was marked with my name directly under the photo in the article, as I requested. Further, the article was copyrighted by ReefCentral.

Sean, I wouldn't count on a refund, standard operating procedure for them is store credit

Unread 04/07/2011, 11:10 PM   #37
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLiD View Post
Man, I'd just cancel your order and put a claim with the credit card company. And do it fast. I can promise you that you will not receive everything on your list. It will either be missing or substituted with something else without your consent or knowledge. Just save yourself the hassle. Trust me!!!

Did You Not See My Pictures Up Above??? Might as well play Russian Roulette!!!
Quote:
Heres what happened......... When I got done unpacking I noticed 2 items missing from my order. I was missing the 2 pistol shrimp.
This is what I ordered: red and green gracillaria, Medium yellow tang, dwarf flame angel, 3 peppermint shrimp and 2 red pistol shrimp. The fish are healthy but the flame angel was gasping for air and the tangs water was grosse. ... but iam still waiting to hear back about a refund from them for the missing items . I called and left a message on the machine and sent an email. I will keep on it until I get what I deserve......a refund at least. Those that have had problems.......stay on it and keep calling and messaging everyday. Persistence is like Chinese water torture. Iam just glad I got MOST of what I ordered and the two fish were bigger than I ordered and one of the peppermints was full of eggs, but I still would of liked to been asked if I wanted a refund for the missing items if none was in supply
I'm sorry about your issues with AQUACON, BUT DIDN'T I TELL YOU AHEAD OF TIME WHAT WOULD HAPPEN! What LFS's are in your area that you can't buy some of the most basic fish that I see at every Fish Shop? Oh well it's your money.

Also, don't count on getting any of your money back. They have proof that you received a package. Now I don't think you can even dispute it with your credit card company because that's what they will hide behind... the fact that You received a Package. I would still try though.

Unread 04/08/2011, 04:23 PM   #38
sean33laf
Registered Member

yes you told me, I lost 4.99 times 2 , thankfully thats all. There is only one LFS here in my town and their fish stock sucks and die easily. Simple damsels die fast, they also put fish together that they tell you are aggressive toward each other but do it themselves. I have more fun ordering online anyway and avoid the BS from a LFS employee. The only things I get from a local LFS are salt and test kits. What would be your recommendation for an online fish and coral provider?

Unread 04/08/2011, 04:41 PM   #39
ocellaris123
Registered Member

Quote:
yes you told me, I lost 4.99 times 2 , thankfully thats all. There is only one LFS here in my town and their fish stock sucks and die easily. Simple damsels die fast, they also put fish together that they tell you are aggressive toward each other but do it themselves. I have more fun ordering online anyway and avoid the BS from a LFS employee. The only things I get from a local LFS are salt and test kits. What would be your recommendation for an online fish and coral provider?
Divers den liveaquaria or bluezoo, You wont get ripped off

ocellaris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2011, 04:47 PM   #40
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

also saltwaterfish.com

Unread 10/06/2011, 08:32 AM   #41
tomtom47
Registered Member

Smile great experience

I have never wrote a review before, but feel that I need to let you know of my experience with Aquacon. I had a modest order, $100 range including shipping. After I hadn't heard anything for the first few days, I looked at the review, and was shocked by the volume of negative feedback. Figuring that I got conned, I expected the worst. Well, surprise, surprise! Aquacon called to let me know the approximate time of delivery, they notified me that my order couldn't be completely filled and a refund would be issued, the order was timely delivered, the marine life was expertly packed in heat-sealed packets, clear instructions were included, the marine life (mostly crabs) were within reasonable expectations and the refund was sent (I did have to follow up for the refund and an apology was sent). This all took place around 8/17/2011. All I can say is that the company must have changed hands or they reversed their whole business model. I would not hesitate to buy from this company again.

tomtom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2011, 09:25 AM   #42
KafudaFish
Cyprinius carpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom47 View Post
I have never wrote a review before, but feel that I need to let you know of my experience with Aquacon. I had a modest order, $100 range including shipping. After I hadn't heard anything for the first few days, I looked at the review, and was shocked by the volume of negative feedback. Figuring that I got conned, I expected the worst. Well, surprise, surprise! Aquacon called to let me know the approximate time of delivery, they notified me that my order couldn't be completely filled and a refund would be issued, the order was timely delivered, the marine life was expertly packed in heat-sealed packets, clear instructions were included, the marine life (mostly crabs) were within reasonable expectations and the refund was sent (I did have to follow up for the refund and an apology was sent). This all took place around 8/17/2011. All I can say is that the company must have changed hands or they reversed their whole business model. I would not hesitate to buy from this company again.
So you had a small order probably around $65 for livestock and $35 for shipping and they failed to complete the order yet you feel like you got a good deal?

How?

Yes I understand things happen but even if they filled $50 worth of your order and you paid $85 don't you feel taken or that you paid too much for what you got?

KafudaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2011, 12:37 PM   #43
khowst
Registered Member

Quote:

I am not a detective, but a poster with 1 post that seems to have had a good expereince? hmmmm.

Then again even this poster didnt get his entire order filled (of course), and of course he did have to do a follow up for a refund.

I almost ordered from aquaCON when I first started but after 2 weeks of unanswered emails on questions I decided to go else where. This was also about the time I noticed the 150 claims with the BBB.

khowst is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2011, 05:00 PM   #44
SoLiD
-=Snake=-

Quote:
THIS IS YOUR 1RST POST... REALLY??? I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Current Tank Info: Where you'll find an Acan and Orange Ricordea Garden in Bloom...
Unread 10/06/2011, 05:31 PM   #45
SushiGirl
Premium Member

I find it strange that they gave an actual refund. Usually it's store credit, then they still don't have what you want to order.

Current Tank Info: 55g softy/LPS tank & 20L reef tank
Unread 10/07/2011, 08:48 AM   #46
LargeAngels
Premium Member

I just don't get why people still order from this place when there are sooooo many other reputable places.

LargeAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2011, 05:38 PM   #47
launchnukes
Registered Member

About three years ago I placed a rather large order from them. Everything arrived perfect and I still have a few of the fish to this day. I sold the others, none ever.died. I would have ordered from them again in a second.....until I read the reviews. Lol. Not gonna risk it.

Previous Tank: 300DD Display 500g system.
launchnukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2011, 06:10 PM   #48
SushiGirl
Premium Member

I used to order from them back in 2002-2003, never had an issue at all with them. As a matter of fact, I got my great live rock from them back then. Sure wouldn't bother now, seems their practices have changed drastically for the worse.

Current Tank Info: 55g softy/LPS tank & 20L reef tank
Unread 10/07/2011, 06:22 PM   #49
bartmalave
Registered Member

it looks like they have a very bad reputation. its ashme its seller like this that destroy everything

bartmalave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/10/2011, 02:19 PM   #50
fvalencia4
Registered Member

this place suck awful customer service i order a mystery wrasse and it was DOA and told me they send me a replacement on my next order so y place an other $160 order and they send me a dead mystery wrasse a call them up and they where said that because i place an air stone in the water i broke they acclimation procedures and the wont issue an other replacement then the told me that any way the do no send replacements for a replacement so what good it does to me if they send me a dead replacement .

fvalencia4 is offline   Reply With Quote