Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/10/2016, 04:32 PM   #26
Mr.Fishtank
Registered Member

Well that sucks man. I would stop dosing the 123. I really think that some of us are getting bad batches. Maybe they over dosed some of the elements when mixing . ATW didn't test for iron when I sent in my water. With the problems I am having with my green corals I think that the iron content is really high in our batches.I'm going to send in some more water in a few week and have them test the iron this time. Good luck man . I'll keep you updated.

Mr.Fishtank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/02/2017, 06:13 PM   #27
Alfrareef
Registered Member

I also have lost about 12 acros, 6 pocilopora and now I'm losing 1 favia and 1 fungia. I was following AF supplements and STN appear after starting NP Pro and Pro bio. I've stopped but after 3 weeks things aren't getting to the way it was...
I'm still going to use AF probiotic salt but it's the last chance for AF. The method has lower product cost but for me the cost and disappointment was way to high.

Alfrareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2017, 03:27 AM   #28
timhhl
Registered Member

Any updates on what happened in your tank?

Use of RO water & RS Salt, Additives/Nutrient export: RS NO3:PO4-X, KZ bio-mate, BW MicroBacter7, Kent Reef Carbon, Rowaphos, RS RFP ABC, Livestock: mixed tank, planned to keep mostly SPS and some LPS

Current Tank Info: RedSea Refeer Nano 18" cube, Equipment: BM Curve 5 skimmer, biopellet reactor, AI prime, SD300 return pump, MAXSPECT Gyre XF-230, HAILEA HC100A chiller
timhhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2017, 05:09 AM   #29
Alfrareef
Registered Member

Mine is recovering after 2 massive wc (50%)

Alfrareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2017, 09:31 AM   #30
mwilk19
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucantwin View Post
I started Comp 123 about a week and a half ago and I noticed my "spainbow" did not like something in it. It was bright green with the purple tips now the whole thing is almost brown. I use aquaticlog to track all my measurements. You can look up my user name Bubbaque to see that I don't have swings.
That's the exact same thing that happened to me. My SPS began to fade and then RTN. I've lost 8 SPS corals in the last month. I'm going back to BRS 2 part and see if I can save what I have left. FWIW, my LPS corals look great.

Unread 01/26/2017, 12:50 PM   #31
sk8elenex92
Registered Member

I stopped all AF products back to the basics. DIY ALK and BRS Calcium. Easy and works perfect. No GFO or Carbon, Cheato and skimmer thats all.

sk8elenex92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/27/2017, 04:45 PM   #32
Ninja808
Registered Member

I stopped all AF products after raising nitrates, stn and a diatom bloom. Went back to B-ionic and the other methods that worked for me.