Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/27/2010, 08:42 AM   #1
lcs
It's Spring!!!!!!!

Bubble problem with hang on fuge

I have a CPR hang on 'fuge that puts a lot of bubbles into the tank. It's causing problems with salt spray and the bubbles constantly getting into the u-tube of the overflow. I have a piece of foam around the outlet in the DT that helps, but that just makes the bubbles pop further out. I need a way to eliminate or at lease seriously minimize the bubbles. The fuge is set up with the outlet bulkhead 1.5" from the top of the box and is 1.5" in diameter. Because of the way it's set up, air is entering along with the water. Is there a way I can modify at the bulkhead to prevent the air entering?

I hope I've made sense!

lcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2010, 04:17 PM   #2
lcs
It's Spring!!!!!!!

No replies yet, but I've been thinking and would a downturned 90* elbow do the trick?

lcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2010, 08:29 PM   #3
NanoReefWanabe
Registered Member

pics would help...does the CPR fuge have the feed pump in the fuge or in the display tank?

NanoReefWanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2010, 06:59 AM   #4
Fish Ace
Registered Member

I have the same skimmer and the same problem. I added a 2" gray pvc cap, held in place with a stainless screw over the return. This is only tempory for me as it's going into a sump I plan on building next week. I had salt spray all over the place until I did this. I bought this skimmer on the advice of my LFS, what a mistake I would never recommend this to anyone.

Fish Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2010, 01:57 PM   #5
darnocobra
Registered Member

I am having the same problem. I have the CPR HOB Skimmer and CPR HOB Fuge on my tank. For the skimmer, I bought the preskimmer/bubble trap adapter and it has worked wonders. I was considering a bubble trap adapter for the Fuge as well.

darnocobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2010, 02:21 PM   #6
Fish Ace
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnocobra View Post
I am having the same problem. I have the CPR HOB Skimmer and CPR HOB Fuge on my tank. For the skimmer, I bought the preskimmer/bubble trap adapter and it has worked wonders. I was considering a bubble trap adapter for the Fuge as well.
Are you talking about the small screen with the tie wrap that does fit?

Fish Ace is offline   Reply With Quote