Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/26/2018, 05:14 PM   #4026
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanMachine View Post
Sorry I have one more question. I cannot find the cord to connect the controller to my computer. Can I order that from the ATI website?

I manually programmed the LEDS and I think I'm happy with it for the most part.

I have the 60" … not sure either Gen 1 or Gen 2. I don't believe these T5s dim. If I want Channel 1 to be on from 2pm to 730pm, would this be how you would program?

1400- 0 , 1600- 255, 1930- 0 ?

It seems that as soon as the controller goes to say- 1 or above. The T5s come on.

I guess I could set the first time point a minute before? So say 1559- 0, then 1600- 255? Then 1930- 0?

Does that make sense? Does it matter which way? Thanks!
Hello BeanMachine,

I am sorry your link only pulls up the category not the part so I am not sure which part you purchased or what you are trying to achieve.

Would it be possible for you to email us so we can create a support ticket to get you handled?

For the cable I will need a photo of the sticker on the inside leg of the control box. This will same something like 240 SST or 240MH or some other number. We do not list them in the parts store because we want to be sure people buy the proper cord for their generation fixture, as they are very specific.

Regarding the programming, to be honest I have never programmed it from the screen, I would have to look into it. However I suspect you will want to add an additional time to bookend your on period for example:

1400- 0 , 1600- 255, 1929- 255, 1930-0

I imagine it is like the dimmable Sunpower where if you do not book end your period it will automatically dim from one set point to the next. Since you cannot dim a 60" it will likely shut off shortly after 1600.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2018, 09:24 AM   #4027
Kengar
Registered Member

I have a question that may (or may not) have been address previously, but at 162 pages long, the thread is something I don't have time to review at the moment. (Been avoiding my work for too long as it is already this month...... ).

I have a pair of 3-foot, dimmable, 8x39 watt hybrid units. On each unit, there are two LED sections, each having seven clusters of diodes (four on one side of each section, three on the other). Not even having gotten my system set up yet (loooooong story), I don't recall what the various colors put out by the LEDs are.

I do see that there have been improvements, and I'm curious about them.

First, what does SST and SST V2 refer to? (I see it on the ATI products page in connection with replacement LED reflectors.)

Also, is it possible to upgrade just the LED clusters in some fashion?

I also see the units now have wireless capability, to program the control boxes. Can the control boxes be retrofitted to have that feature?

Thanks.

Unread 11/28/2018, 12:08 PM   #4028
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kengar View Post

First, what does SST and SST V2 refer to? (I see it on the ATI products page in connection with replacement LED reflectors.)

Also, is it possible to upgrade just the LED clusters in some fashion?

I also see the units now have wireless capability, to program the control boxes. Can the control boxes be retrofitted to have that feature?

Thanks.
SST vs SST2 is just referring to the generation difference in the fixtures. There is no difference to the user experience however only SST2 can be upgraded to wifi. You cannot use SST2 LED clusters in an SST fixture.

The control box cannot be retrofitted with WiFi however you can purchase a wifi control box to upgrade if you indeed have an SST2 setup. Please email our customercare@ email a photo of the stickers on the inside leg of your control box to determine what generation fixture you have.

Unread 12/03/2018, 09:24 PM   #4029
scott058
Premium Member

Hello all-
Been out of the hobby for some time now. I've decided to get back into it. I am going with a 150 tank 60x24x24 for a lps reef. Lighting has certainly evolved since the last time I purchased a fixture. Looking at the hybrid power module, Should I go with the 6 or 8 80w bulb configuration for a 60' fixture? Appreciate any feedback and ideas.
Scott

scott058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/03/2018, 09:28 PM   #4030
robert s b.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott058 View Post
Hello all-
Been out of the hobby for some time now. I've decided to get back into it. I am going with a 150 tank 60x24x24 for a lps reef. Lighting has certainly evolved since the last time I purchased a fixture. Looking at the hybrid power module, Should I go with the 6 or 8 80w bulb configuration for a 60' fixture? Appreciate any feedback and ideas.
Scott
Cant go wrong with an 8 bulb. I have one for sale if your interested

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 300G DD, Edge 80g Frag Tank
robert s b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2018, 07:24 AM   #4031
scott058
Premium Member

Beautiful tank Robert. Is that the 300 gallon tank? What light size are you running on it? Thanks for getting back to me.

scott058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2018, 11:25 AM   #4032
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott058 View Post
Hello all-
Scott
Scott if it has any impact on your buying decision the 6 bulb is special order in North America and will take 90-120 days to deliver. We are here to help if you wish to discuss your details give us a call.

Unread 12/05/2018, 03:31 PM   #4033
Kengar
Registered Member

Keith,

Thanks so much for all the email back and forth last week. MUCH appreciated! I'll circle back to purchase in a few weeks.

Ken

Unread 12/10/2018, 11:05 AM   #4034
Flagswipe
Registered Member

Hoping Keith sees this and can help. I am a new Hybrid owner but no new to ATI at all. Have the Powercone Skimmer and ran a 60" 8 bulb for 8 years over my Elos 150
I finally took the plunge into the Hybrid so I could ditch the ugly hang on Reef brites and just trying to clean up my aquarium in general.

The issue I have is my new MacBook refuses to connect, I can connect with an iPad but I'm half blind and its too small to make changes easy for me. Plus I run Apex and I loved being able to turn things on and off at any time to show company or if I just wanted to look at the tank in an off time. Now Im stuck with one program and I can't make tweaks, at least not easily at all

Any tricks to get the fixture to play nicely with my MacBook Pro?

Thanks in advance

Current Tank Info: 135 Mixed reef with lots of fish
Flagswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2018, 01:19 PM   #4035
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagswipe View Post
Hoping Keith sees this and can help. I am a new Hybrid owner but no new to ATI at all. Have the Powercone Skimmer and ran a 60" 8 bulb for 8 years over my Elos 150
I finally took the plunge into the Hybrid so I could ditch the ugly hang on Reef brites and just trying to clean up my aquarium in general.

The issue I have is my new MacBook refuses to connect, I can connect with an iPad but I'm half blind and its too small to make changes easy for me. Plus I run Apex and I loved being able to turn things on and off at any time to show company or if I just wanted to look at the tank in an off time. Now Im stuck with one program and I can't make tweaks, at least not easily at all

Any tricks to get the fixture to play nicely with my MacBook Pro?

Thanks in advance
Sorry I don't have a lot of help on this one. It is more than likely an issue with the macbook not the Powermodule since I have never encountered it before. Are you unable to get the wifi to connect or you cannot get the page to load once you do? Its possible it is due to security if your browser thinks its an insecure site.

Have you tried rebooting the Mac? Is it a wifi connection problem or browser problem?

Unread 12/10/2018, 01:39 PM   #4036
swiftvision
Registered Member

Hi Keith,

My ATI 24" Hybrid I bought last year from BRS has a fan out.

Can you please let me know what to do about getting it replaced?

Thanks.

Current Tank Info: 8 Gallon Nano Reef and custom 100G cube reef
swiftvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2018, 01:56 PM   #4037
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvision View Post
Hi Keith,

My ATI 24" Hybrid I bought last year from BRS has a fan out.

Can you please let me know what to do about getting it replaced?

Thanks.
Please email our support line to get a support ticket started. If it is a non wifi fixture it likely just needs to have the settings updated.

Unread 12/16/2018, 09:59 AM   #4038
cellingson
Registered Member

Quick question

I am looking at the 36W LED/T5 powermodule
How many bulbs would you go with on a tank that is 32L 36W and 21H?

Thanks

Cliff

cellingson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2018, 01:38 PM   #4039
AddictReef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellingson View Post
Quick question

I am looking at the 36W LED/T5 powermodule
How many bulbs would you go with on a tank that is 32L 36W and 21H?

Thanks

Cliff

Because of the 30+” front to back I would personally most def go with the 8 bulb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AddictReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2018, 10:28 AM   #4040
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictReef View Post
Because of the 30+” front to back I would personally most def go with the 8 bulb.
I agree.

Unread 12/17/2018, 11:06 PM   #4041
Jay Ellul
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
I agree.

Same here

I have a 8 bulb 2ft unit over a 32 inch cube and I still think I miss the edges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 12/25/2018, 12:47 AM   #4042
sromero287
Registered Member

ati powermodule profiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
I've just sent you a custom light profile. You can adjust the times when they come on/off etc. But overall, keep the profile as it is. I have staggered the LED clusters to come on and turn off 10 minutes of each other...which is a nice effect.

If your corals can take more light hours then adjust the times. If things start to pale, then back down on the light hours or intensity.

The best combo for both colour and growth is 4xC+ & 4xB+.

Currently I am running 2xB+, 2xPS Crystal Blue, 3xC+ and 1xABS. I'm getting very nice colours and growth.

You can go with 4xB+, 1xActinic, 2xABS and 1xC+ for a nice overall "fuller spectrum".

I did run things more on the blue side when my corals werent as nicely coloured, but now they look nice under a 1:1 Blue:white combo.

What matters most is water quality and nutrition of corals.

Here is a video of my coral colours: Watch in HD
Hello @sahin

i'd been looking for profiles for my sps dominated reef tank, i got my powermodule like three months ago, already build some profiles but browsing here on RC and saw yours and men oh men, beautiful reef and awesome growth, if possible will like to have different profiles including yours off course.

Really appreciated and Merry Christmas,
sromero287@gmail.com

sromero287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2018, 03:23 PM   #4043
heller792
Registered Member

Hi all, could someone give some advice please, just purchased a used WiFi version 8 x 80w but it has come with no instructions, can someone explain how I connect it to the studio, I have done it over ip but it’s not letting me do anything so would prefer to use the laptop and the ati light studio

heller792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2018, 04:04 PM   #4044
heller792
Registered Member

is there a way to factory reset the unit?

Dave

Last edited by heller792; 12/30/2018 at 04:24 PM.
Unread 12/30/2018, 05:27 PM   #4045
eviltwin52s
Registered Member

Quote:
Hello folks, for those of you with the WiFi LED Powermodule, please review this blog post!

https://www.atinorthamerica.com/wifi...rmware-update/
@Keith, I just purchased the 8 bulb 54W Wifi Powermodule over Thanksgiving. is this something that I would still need to perform on the unit?

eviltwin52s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2018, 10:14 AM   #4046
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heller792 View Post
Hi all, could someone give some advice please, just purchased a used WiFi version 8 x 80w but it has come with no instructions, can someone explain how I connect it to the studio, I have done it over ip but it’s not letting me do anything so would prefer to use the laptop and the ati light studio
You do not use Light Studio Software for the WiFi version. I am happy to send you the Quick Start Guide but it is too big for me to attach it here, please email us or PM your email so I can send it.

Unread 12/31/2018, 10:15 AM   #4047
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heller792 View Post
is there a way to factory reset the unit?

Dave
There is a pin hole reset button near the Ethernet port, use a paperclip and hold it down for 7-8 seconds then release.

It will take the light a full 3-5 minutes to reboot, once the green LEDs on the Ethernet port are both solid green you will be able to connect via WiFi.

Unread 12/31/2018, 10:20 AM   #4048
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltwin52s View Post
@Keith, I just purchased the 8 bulb 54W Wifi Powermodule over Thanksgiving. is this something that I would still need to perform on the unit?
I am not sure what firmware would have been loaded on a fixture from Thanksgiving, but the current version is not on the blog (I realized this because of your question), the current version is 1.0.16 as of the end of 2018. I cannot attach it here however due to the file being a .bin. Please email me or PM your email and I can provide it.

Unread 12/31/2018, 11:32 AM   #4049
heller792
Registered Member

Quote:
There is a pin hole reset button near the Ethernet port, use a paperclip and hold it down for 7-8 seconds then release.

It will take the light a full 3-5 minutes to reboot, once the green LEDs on the Ethernet port are both solid green you will be able to connect via WiFi.

Thank you for the help Keith,

The lights are up now

Out with the old

Gone with
C+
B+
B+
B+
B+
P+
ABS
B+

Dave

Last edited by heller792; 12/31/2018 at 11:47 AM.
Unread 01/01/2019, 07:32 PM   #4050
eviltwin52s
Registered Member

Quote:
I am not sure what firmware would have been loaded on a fixture from Thanksgiving, but the current version is not on the blog (I realized this because of your question), the current version is 1.0.16 as of the end of 2018. I cannot attach it here however due to the file being a .bin. Please email me or PM your email and I can provide it.
Thanks, message sent with email address.

eviltwin52s is offline   Reply With Quote