Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2008, 05:02 PM   #1
MCNY36
Registered Member

Ghost Pipe or Sea Dragon?

Hi guys,

New to the Forums, little over a year in to the hobby but loving it. Just curious....I've seen people saying that there are ways to get legal sea dragons (obvioulsy something I'm not rushing to do) and ghost pipefish. But I've yet to see anyone carry them. Any ideas where or who could possbily get either one of those? Let me know. Thanks!

MCNY36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2008, 06:20 PM   #2
LTCrunch
Registered Member

I know of a few places where you can probably get both. PM if you are interested.

Current Tank Info: 55 frag
LTCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2008, 08:13 PM   #3
philter4
Registered Member

There are some stores here in south FL that have both from time to time. The sea dragons are very pricy though, need lots of space and need a chilled tank, they do not do well at regular aquarium temps. Ghost pipes are not easy to keep so research them well before you purchase one. They are not only hard to feed, but depending on the care before the stores recieve them many wont survive no matter how prepared you are.

Current Tank Info: 1 fish and 1 reef new 24 gal current nano
philter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/19/2008, 04:49 PM   #4
ReefNutPA
Registered Member

Seadragons are legally available. After you consider the thousands it costs to set up a proper tank (ie: HUUUGE tank and HUUUGE chiller), the cost of the actual seadragons is small.

Ghost pipes are also available, however, even the most experienced hobbyists have trouble keeping them alive longer than a few months.

Tom

ReefNutPA is offline   Reply With Quote