Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/21/2016, 07:04 AM   #1
Saltwater newby
Registered Member

Black spots oh Haitian LR

Hello
I have a Red Sea reefer 350 which I am currently cycling. Aside from some damsels that have been there for a while and are doing really well, I have about 80pds of live sand, and about 75pds of dry rock and live rock. I have a 35 pds piece of live rock purchased from LFS which I got for $3 a pound and had to only pay for 25pds because they gave me a deal on it. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and I've been dosing microbacter7 on a daily bases. I'm not sure where my cycle stands right now but I'll have an idea once I bring a water sample to LFS this weekend. But just today I noticed black stains on my big Haitian LR. Not sure if it's a good thing or not. I'm hoping it's got something to do with my tank cycling and that it's a sign of everything heading in the right direction. Does anyone have an idea of what it may be?

Saltwater newby is offline   Reply With Quote