Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/12/2014, 02:38 PM   #976
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
I put one in my reef and now end up with 3, all larger than the one I put in. They do reproduce a sexually.
Mine all look the same. In your case, I think they came in as hitch hiker since only the two yellow one look a like.
Did you remembered which two you put in?
Somehow I got to the page you wrote about your sea cucumbers. That is why this post seem really out of place.
haha, no... that was over 4 years ago. I can barely remember what I had for lunch today.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/14/2014, 12:40 PM   #977
fftfk
Registered Member

I came across your thread after I had already decided on near similar dimensions for my cube. This has given me a ton of great ideas! Thanks for the detailed documentation.

fftfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2014, 10:49 AM   #978
Jiinx
Registered Member

Hi Dennis,
I've been lurking around these forums for a year now but don't post! I didn't realize I needed 10 posts to send a PM! I hope you don't mind if I ask my question here...

I found your build thread last night after searching for cube tanks. I really like your stand. Do you happen to remember the measurements of it? Or some blueprints?? lol

What an amazing build. Everything was so clean and crisp...thank you for being such an inspiration!

Jiinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/27/2014, 11:01 AM   #979
d2mini
Registered Member

Nope, I sure don't. I didn't build it.
And if I had a dollar for every time someone asked, I'd have a MUCH larger tank right now.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Unread 11/27/2014, 11:25 AM   #980
Jiinx
Registered Member

lol sorry...I'm sure you're sick of the same questions Thank you for answering!! Err...I'll tell my hubby to "wing" it. Do you have the builder's name or contact info? I live in Canada so ordering from him wouldn't be an option

Jiinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2015, 02:41 PM   #981
choss
Registered Member

Dennis,

I'm just finishing your this thread. I actually found your new tank build thread but so many people mentioned the amazing cube that I stopped reading that one because I wanted to get the full history. Truly amazing build and you did a great job telling the story. I'm a retired reefer coming back into the game in two weeks. I'll be posting my build. Before I read your thread i was already inspired by the modern design and rimless look (that didn't exist 12 years ago when I had to disassemble my tank for a renovation!). I am restarting with a small tank - less is more. What I enjoyed about your tank is all the small life coming out of the rock. I experienced similar creatures from my Florida rock (including a few Mantis shrimp, which I used the hot water treatment on (to get rid of one) and a snowflake eel on the second). With limited volume in my future tank I hope to enjoy all the small details that may get lost in a larger tank. Thanks for sharing these inspiring shots from your tank.

Looking forward to digesting the new tank build. It will give me something to do for the next few days!

choss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2015, 03:14 PM   #982
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choss View Post
Dennis,

I'm just finishing your this thread. I actually found your new tank build thread but so many people mentioned the amazing cube that I stopped reading that one because I wanted to get the full history. Truly amazing build and you did a great job telling the story. I'm a retired reefer coming back into the game in two weeks. I'll be posting my build. Before I read your thread i was already inspired by the modern design and rimless look (that didn't exist 12 years ago when I had to disassemble my tank for a renovation!). I am restarting with a small tank - less is more. What I enjoyed about your tank is all the small life coming out of the rock. I experienced similar creatures from my Florida rock (including a few Mantis shrimp, which I used the hot water treatment on (to get rid of one) and a snowflake eel on the second). With limited volume in my future tank I hope to enjoy all the small details that may get lost in a larger tank. Thanks for sharing these inspiring shots from your tank.

Looking forward to digesting the new tank build. It will give me something to do for the next few days!
Cool, thanks for the comments and welcome back.

Unread 10/27/2015, 05:11 PM   #983
tabasco122
Registered Member

Bumping this to make me feel better about you taking down your other tank. Reminding myself that no matter what size your new tank/place will be, it will still be awesome.

tabasco122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2015, 08:35 PM   #984
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasco122 View Post
Bumping this to make me feel better about you taking down your other tank. Reminding myself that no matter what size your new tank/place will be, it will still be awesome.
Thanks!

Unread 10/27/2015, 09:21 PM   #985
rovster
Registered Member

One of my favorite build threads. Your stand was the inspiration I used to build mine

rovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/28/2015, 03:26 AM   #986
Saltydrip
Registered Member

You took down your tank??

Unread 11/29/2015, 10:45 AM   #987
UNCFAN
Registered Member

I am getting ready to order my package as well. How is your setup doing with the package from TBS?

UNCFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/30/2015, 10:28 PM   #988
trb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFAN View Post
I am getting ready to order my package as well. How is your setup doing with the package from TBS?
I know his last tank was doing quite well before he took it down. I now have about 140 lbs of his TBS rock and his sand, most of it is in my current setup. It will be transferred to my 120 build hopefully early next year. The rock is amazing, and I enjoy just looking at it in my tank. I can see why people like it so much.

member of MARSHreef - the Marine and Reef Society of Houston.

Current Tank Info: 60+ Gal top reef display + 29 gal non reef safe lower display + 29 gal sump
trb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/01/2015, 06:57 AM   #989
d2mini
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFAN View Post
This tank was taken down 4 years ago, but my TBS tanks always do well.

Unread 03/02/2016, 11:09 PM   #990
B_demar
Registered Member

Anyway you remember the kind of hinges these are?

Super inspiring tank!

B_demar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2016, 07:20 AM   #991
d2mini
Registered Member

They were Euro hinges. The style where you have to bore out a hole in order to inset the hinge flush with the wood.

Unread 03/15/2016, 01:05 PM   #992
d2mini
Registered Member

Well, it's not too often you see an "update" on a tank that was torn down over 4 years ago.
Since then, this tank has one through several moves. It was a main display at an LFS, then torn down and put in storage, then it went to another LFS where it's been for a few years. Lots of filling, draining, moving, etc. But it's like a little piece of local history... trying to keep it alive.
Yesterday it finally busted a seam at the LFS. Top front corner. Luckily people were there when it started so very little water loss and everything was quickly transferred to other tanks.
It's now empty and is going to be resealed.
Not sure what's going to happen to it after that.

Unread 03/15/2016, 04:38 PM   #993
vitodog
Registered Member

So the saga continues.