Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/23/2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Fishinbob
Registered Member

Iso Ro/saltwater mixing containes/ideas

Was looking into the roto molded tall rectangular water storage containers. Looking for 40-60 gallons preferably with bulkheads at bottom. Anyone know of a place to source locally or within an hour drive. Also want some ideas of some fellow members ro/Salt mixing stations.
Will be purchasing a house here shortly and will finally have the space/location for a decent setup for auto water changes.
Picture is an idea of what I'd like to do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fishinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2017, 08:44 AM   #2
rcypert
Registered Member

There are two local shops who sells those containers. One is in Pompano. I bought a low profile 110 from them. But they are pricey. Paid 300$ for mine. But it was the perfect dimensions. Just do a search on craigslist for water container. Their ads will pop up.

rcypert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2017, 06:29 AM   #3
rcypert
Registered Member

If you are interested in smaller containers I have a 10 gallon container that is poly and perfect for an automatic water change setup. Smaller changes more often is always better
49$

rcypert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2017, 07:38 AM   #4
SaltyNole
Registered Member

I get 55 gal drums from a friend in Palm Beach, I think they were about $15-$20 each.

SaltyNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 06:48 AM   #5
Fishinbob
Registered Member

Tank Depot in pompano Is a reccomendation I've gotten from a few people really looking for 40-60 gallon tanks. Lol the 10 gallon would be my ato size. I have a 90 gallon tank as of now but will be moving into a new house end of the month and plan on upgrading to a 180-220 tank in the near future. I like having extra water on case of emergency and need a bit extra for the girlfriends biocube. I've gotten a few barrels off craigslist but they contained e-juice and always had a smell even after cleaning/soaking considering it's an sps dominant tank I'd rather not risk a pre used container

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Fishinbob is offline   Reply With Quote