Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/01/2017, 08:00 PM   #3601
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQT View Post
Dave does some incredible work for a small independent operation. That specific light was made for the member "markalot" over on Nano - Reef for his 150 gallon all SPS tank. If I were you, for your SCA 150, I'd go with a retrofitted 8 bulb Sunpower fixture so that you can have 2 T5 bulbs, a row of arrays, 2 T5 bulbs, a row of arrays, and then 2 more T5 bulbs. That'd be my dream setup!
Good idea. Im def going to look into this...thank you for the tip LQT

Unread 05/01/2017, 08:49 PM   #3602
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Too much cooling isn't good for par output either. There is a nice balance. I believe BRS did a video on that and I've seen people adjust fan speeds and measure par effects and par drops if temps fall too much and it doesn't have to be a big drop either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 05/05/2017, 11:52 PM   #3603
theshaman
Registered Member

Hi reefcentral! So I've been using my powermodule for about a 2 months now and finally got around to making my own settings to my liking. This light is amazing. I love everything about it. The leds put out a really nice color and shimmer. The t5s ramping up and down is also bad *** The customization of intensity, color, schedule is awesome too. This has to be my favorite light so far.

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2017, 08:40 AM   #3604
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
Hi reefcentral! So I've been using my powermodule for about a 2 months now and finally got around to making my own settings to my liking. This light is amazing. I love everything about it. The leds put out a really nice color and shimmer. The t5s ramping up and down is also bad *** The customization of intensity, color, schedule is awesome too. This has to be my favorite light so far.

Can you plz share the schedule? If so plz pm me
Thanks

Nam Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2017, 04:15 PM   #3605
theshaman
Registered Member

NamNguyen,
What light do you have? Mine is the 36 inch 4 t5 and 2 led powermodule.

Unread 05/06/2017, 04:16 PM   #3606
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

My 48"3 led

Unread 05/06/2017, 04:16 PM   #3607
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

8 bulb

Unread 05/06/2017, 09:19 PM   #3608
theshaman
Registered Member

NamNguyen,
Are you just running it with the default schedule? I used that template and cut back the amount of time the t5s are running. I don't have my t5s come in till 11 and peak at 100% from 12-4 then ramp down to 0% by 5pm.
I have my leds start at 7am and peak at 50% by 10am-8pm and ramp down to 0% by 11pm.
The day preview will help a lot when messing with the schedule and intensity. I was getting a lot of algae when I was running the default schedule.
What I did for my led setting was to click a point in the time slot and select a one of the color setting for the leds on the right side. I think I selected custom 2 for my channel 1 and aqua blue for my channel 2

Unread 05/10/2017, 01:20 PM   #3609
FernandesReef
Registered Member

Z

FernandesReef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 02:24 AM   #3610
mike810
Registered Member

So if you guys ramp the T5 up and down, what is the expected bulb life vs no ramping of the T5? How long are you guys running the lights at peak intensity, T5 and LED? How long for ramp up of T5 and LED? Thanks.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 11:28 AM   #3611
theshaman
Registered Member

Mike810,
I have my t5s on for 8 hours from 1000-1800.
So it's a two ramp to 100% and runs like that till 1600
Then a two hour ramp down to 0% by 1800

I have my leds start at 700 with a three hour ramp till it
Is at 60% then it runs like that till 1900
And a four ramp down to 0%

Unread 05/16/2017, 02:15 PM   #3612
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Hello ReefCentral Powermodule users

I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that we (ATI North America) are here to help answer any questions we can. However if you have a specific need about your fixture, please contact us directly using our contact form (see link below) so we can get a support ticket started and give you personalized one on one support. Also, it was stated our phone number is not on the site, it’s in the lower left corner, or simply: (303) 459-2119.

http://atinorthamerica.com/contact.php

Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 02:16 PM   #3613
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

A couple quick notes to address some re-occurring comments that have come up:

Acrylic Shield Use
It should always be used. No exceptions. Any additional output you may get by removing the shield will be very short lived since the reflector material will quickly degrade with the salt exposure. Also removing the shield exposes the electronical components of the fixture to additional moisture and salt which can cause them to fail prematurely causing even bigger problems.

Sharing Programs
Using somebody else’s program can cause problems unless you have the exact same size fixture. For example, attempting to put a 48" fixtures program into a 24" fixture without modification will cause the 24” to stop work correctly. If you want to use somebody else’s program, please first open it Light Studio only and modify it to work with your fixture (the number of spots of your fixture must match the number of spots in the program) before attempting to upload the new program to your fixture.

Unread 05/16/2017, 02:52 PM   #3614
theshaman
Registered Member

Keith@ATI NA,
I have a question about my led strip. Is this the latest one with the violet led?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2015.jpg (37.2 KB, 74 views)
Unread 05/16/2017, 03:36 PM   #3615
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
Keith@ATI NA,
I have a question about my led strip. Is this the latest one with the violet led?
Hello theshaman!

You have the current version available in North America. The German version you may have heard about is not yet available in North America (which lacks red, so its very obvious which you have).

Cheers

Unread 05/16/2017, 09:01 PM   #3616
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

Keith @ ATI NA,
Thank you for all help posting here!

Unread 05/17/2017, 10:20 AM   #3617
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

It appears I have done something inappropriate (however no mod told me so?) here is another attempt to send my first post without a link to the ATI support site.

Hello ReefCentral Powermodule users

I wanted to introduce myself and let you know that we (ATI North America) are here to help answer any questions we can. However if you have a specific need about your fixture, please contact us directly using our contact form (see link below) so we can get a support ticket started and give you personalized one on one support. Also, it was stated our phone number is not on the site, it’s in the lower left corner, or simply: (303) 459-2119.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Unread 05/17/2017, 11:19 AM   #3618
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

When will the new models make it to the US and what are some differences in these models over the current ones?

Unread 05/17/2017, 12:51 PM   #3619
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
At the price they demand, I wouldn't touch one right now. The issues shouldn't even be there IMO. There will always be lemons here and there but we see too many reports of the same issues and the same outcome. Failed ballasts, flickering LEDs, fans not working properly. Then no support to fix them.

The unit I used to have had flickering LEDs from day one. ATI didn't have any idea how to fix it or what it was. I stumbled across the fix and it fixed about a dozen others that contacted me. Sadly, I don't remember the fix in its entirety and I'm not sure it would work on the newer units. I was told the part responsible for the flickering LEDs had been replaced and fixed. That doesn't look to be true
It is true that the original version of the LED PM from around 2013 did have some issues with LED flickering, but rest assured this problem has been fixed and has not been an issue for the newer versions of the fixture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
When will the new models make it to the US and what are some differences in these models over the current ones?
A release date is still to be determined, but as soon as we know more we will certainly let everybody know. What I do know is that ATI Germany will be offering this new version in black and white in addition to the current silver colored body. At least to start we will probably only stock one color in North America and offer the other 2 colors as special orders. Which color would you all like to see first?

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Unread 05/17/2017, 01:13 PM   #3620
theshaman
Registered Member

It's nice to have an active ATI Rep on this forum.
Thanks Keith@ATI NA

Unread 05/17/2017, 01:23 PM   #3621
robert s b.
Registered Member

When will we see a Wi-Fi module for the Hybrids?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 300G DD, Edge 80g Frag Tank
robert s b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2017, 01:29 PM   #3622
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I'd like to have the white one personally

Unread 05/17/2017, 01:32 PM   #3623
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Also are their plans to make a MAC version of your software if wi-fi or Bluetooth is not in the works?

Unread 05/18/2017, 01:01 AM   #3624
mike810
Registered Member

Is the new fixture basically the same as the current hybrid PM with updated leds? If so, will there be an option to update the LED's ourselves? I second the question regarding wifi and a fix for the clock resetting during power outages.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2017, 05:24 AM   #3625
Spenc3r
Registered Member

I'm using a 8x39watt with 2 led modules. But when i tried to make a schedule (bought the lamp from somebody who quit) ati light studio said that i have 3 led modules and couldn't save my schedule. After adding a led-module i can save, but the lamp doesn't take over the schedule and is giving strange colors. After taking out the electro plug and power up and set the time, everything looks normal.

Anybody tips?

Spenc3r is offline   Reply With Quote