Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/07/2015, 01:55 AM   #2501
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
Is there any negative consequence to dimming a T5 bulb over a period of time?
No. ATI have been dimming T5's for years now. Giesemann have also released T5 fixtures that dim.

I've been using my ATI with dimming for over 1.5 years now. I have not noticed any negative impact to the tube life or any other issue.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2015, 02:09 AM   #2502
that Fish Guy
Frag Swap Crusader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
A couple of guys running multiple Radiums on large tanks swapped out and happy. Check out this tank:

Link to the thread:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2497232

That is probably the best example. There are many others but the above comes to my mind.
Crazy Awesome!

that Fish Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2015, 11:49 AM   #2503
takayan
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Get it from the ATI USA webiste:
http://www.atinorthamerica.com/service.php
Thank you for the link!

I just noticed that ATI released the Firmware as well. Have anybody updated the firmware? I do not know the meaning of SST, so I am not sure if my ATI LED Powermodule is applicable for the firmware update.

ATI LED Powermodule Controller Firmware Version 1.04 (.bin) - Updated December 12, 2014 (Only applicable to SST version)

takayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2015, 09:22 PM   #2504
vinhle00
Registered Member

Just got mine today. I noticed my fixture doesn't have a clip that you guys mentioned but instead it has two metal screws one on each end. The LEDs looks different too. it have just a single bar of LEDs. not double.

Also i've been having problem programing mine. The time and schedule on the controller keeps resetting every time i turn it off.

vinhle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2015, 09:26 PM   #2505
bucfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhle00 View Post
Just got mine today. I noticed my fixture doesn't have a clip that you guys mentioned but instead it has two metal screws one on each end. The LEDs looks different too. it have just a single bar of LEDs. not double.

Also i've been having problem programing mine. The time and schedule on the controller keeps resetting every time i turn it off.

I have the same unit with screws holding up the cover and single row of LEDs (this is the newer model). My unit had problems with programming too. After troubleshooting and several frustrating weeks ATI sent me a new controller. Since then it's been flawless. Contact ATI support since your controller may be bad too.

Unread 05/07/2015, 09:42 PM   #2506
vinhle00
Registered Member

that's what i was afraid of. I guess i can just not turn it off till i get this resolved. Thank you for the quick response, it probably save me a lot of time.

Unread 05/07/2015, 09:58 PM   #2507
dcforester1
Registered Member

Well I finally got my ATI 4' 8 bulb T5, LED combo. I only have a Mac so I was wondering if I could use this to program it? I was also wounding about bulbs. i am running BP A CP BP, and the A bulbs don't really look like they are on all the way, is that how they look? I was also wondering if there was something that showed how to program if you have to use the controller?

TIA Derek

dcforester1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/07/2015, 10:21 PM   #2508
vinhle00
Registered Member

I'm having no luck with a mac as for the bulbs i think the controller comes preset to max intensity.

Unread 05/08/2015, 06:54 PM   #2509
smartandfast
Registered Member

Just wondering if anyone here runs their blue&white at 100% through out the day. If so, How high is the fixture above the water line?

smartandfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2015, 08:41 PM   #2510
dcforester1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhle00 View Post
I'm having no luck with a mac as for the bulbs i think the controller comes preset to max intensity.

Preset to work all day? I would like to adjust the color and times. I cannot believe the hanging kit. This light is heavy. I had installed blocking in the ceiling when I just did my remodel. Otherwise I wouldn't have trusted it.

Derek

Unread 05/09/2015, 06:04 AM   #2511
JPMagyar
Registered Member

I can not for the life of me find the dimensions of these units anywhere online. Anyone got a link showing the dimensions for all the units?

Reef Hobbyist Magazine journalist, and all around SPS nut!

Current Tank Info: 240 with 750 gal total system, ATI LED Powermodule, MTC-HSA 1000. MTC Pro-Cal..
JPMagyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/09/2015, 06:53 AM   #2512
dcforester1
Registered Member

ATI Powermodule Hybrid Club

In ATI website they have it. Look for products then specs page. If that doesn't have it try MarineDepots site and then specs

Unread 05/09/2015, 03:38 PM   #2513
bucfan
Registered Member

Should I be using the whites on my LEDs or only blues? Is the white from the T5s plenty?

Unread 05/10/2015, 10:20 AM   #2514
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcforester1 View Post
In ATI website they have it. Look for products then specs page. If that doesn't have it try MarineDepots site and then specs
First this is the 3rd time someone has asked for dimensions in this thread so obviously I am not the only person wanting this information. Second, I asked for a link to preclude responses such as yours which are based on the assumption that the poster requesting specs is an idiot and just didn't look. Third, Marine Depot doesn't even sell the LED Powermodule.

Let me try again . . .

Anybody have a link to a specifications page or PDF that shows the dimensions for all the different sizes of LED Powermodules?

EDIT: I found the specs on the Premium Aquatics page. Unfortunately you have to find the unit you want and then scroll to the bottom of the page.

Current Tank Info: 240 with 750 gal total system, ATI LED Powermodule, MTC-HSA 1000. MTC Pro-Cal..

Last edited by JPMagyar; 05/10/2015 at 10:27 AM.
Unread 05/10/2015, 03:31 PM   #2515
dcforester1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMagyar View Post
First this is the 3rd time someone has asked for dimensions in this thread so obviously I am not the only person wanting this information. Second, I asked for a link to preclude responses such as yours which are based on the assumption that the poster requesting specs is an idiot and just didn't look. Third, Marine Depot doesn't even sell the LED Powermodule.

Let me try again . . .

Anybody have a link to a specifications page or PDF that shows the dimensions for all the different sizes of LED Powermodules?

EDIT: I found the specs on the Premium Aquatics page. Unfortunately you have to find the unit you want and then scroll to the bottom of the page.

Sorry I tried to help. I looked at a lot of lights, and thought Marine depot had them obviously I was wrong. I to had a hard time finding it, but with a little poking round I found it. Instead of making a big deal about someone trying to help you, maybe next time take the time and look for yourself. Its people like you that make people not what to help others on here. Next time you need some info try google instead of RC. I didnt assume you were an idiot, but after your post you proved you are.

Good luck

By the way if you were not so arrogant I would walk into the other room and measure mine, good day

Unread 05/11/2015, 04:32 PM   #2516
atrain
Registered Member

Hard to make it through 100+ pages of thread, I have made it through most before posting, i have found several pics of setting, but having a hard time on finding settings that I like with the fixture and hoping someone can help.
I have a 60" 4 bulb w/ coral+ purple Coral+ blue+
I can seem to get colors I enjoy with only the led's, but when t5's come on it seems way to white, I'm not going for 20k look, blues seems washed out, keep tuning whites down, and led's up, but corals seem to doing well at 40-50pct on led's and afraid to turn it up more.
The t5's are not dimmable. anyone have any suggestions?
Is there anywhere people have posted their setting that are downloadable?

atrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2015, 04:49 PM   #2517
JPMagyar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Cox View Post
Hello,
I am wanting to increase my light levels on my tank as I have an acro or two that look a bit brown. My fixture is the 4x39w T5 and 2x75w LED. My T5 bulbs are B+, 2 C+, Actinic.

Here is my program. Should I increase the LED light levels or increase the length of time my lights are on? T5 are on 100% for 5.5 hours, LEDs are on about 30% for 6 hours. Par values are 200-270 for my acros. The one that is looking the most brown is on the lower end of that. Thanks for any suggestions.

How is the coral you were concerned with doing today?

Did you know Krzystof Tryc had this fixture and it was his belief that the LEDs caused some of his corals to turn brown. If it were me I'd use the LEDs for dawn/dusk and moonlight and never run them higher than 40% power or so. In fact I just ordered a 60 inch Powermodule for a new Red Sea Reefer 450 I'm setting up and that's how I'm planning on running it. I'm also planning on modding it with 3 white moonlight LEDs that can simulate a full lunar cycle. I hate blue moonlight. I've been diving at night in a full moon and the ocean was not glowing with actinic blue.

Anyways, just the ramblings of an old man

Unread 05/13/2015, 04:52 AM   #2518
bucfan
Registered Member

I have asked this question before but I am still struggling with achieving a particular look. My LFS has Reef Brite supplemental blue LEDs to their T5s and the corals pop when the Reef Brites are on. I have tried different settings with the ATI LEDs but cannot mimic that color. So not sure if anyone has an answer to this. How do I get the LEDs to look like the Reef Brite blues or even the Orphek handheld flashlight blue? I think those are both at 450 wavelength. I have set the ATI's to full RB but it seems to be missing something. IMO the Reef Brite blue LEDs are the best blues on the market. The ATI LED Powermodule is definitely the best hybrid lamp.

Last edited by bucfan; 05/13/2015 at 05:03 AM.
bucfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/13/2015, 07:48 AM   #2519
Confuse
Registered Member

What are your thoughts on the "first generation" power module hybrid? I'm still having flickering led issues and from what I was told, I could only upgrade the firmware manually with a device I'd lease from ATI to upgrade each cluster. On top of that, I was told the clusters weren't upgradable like the new power modules.

I feel a bit cheated for being an early adopter.

Confuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2015, 04:39 AM   #2520
bucfan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
I have asked this question before but I am still struggling with achieving a particular look. My LFS has Reef Brite supplemental blue LEDs to their T5s and the corals pop when the Reef Brites are on. I have tried different settings with the ATI LEDs but cannot mimic that color. So not sure if anyone has an answer to this. How do I get the LEDs to look like the Reef Brite blues or even the Orphek handheld flashlight blue? I think those are both at 450 wavelength. I have set the ATI's to full RB but it seems to be missing something. IMO the Reef Brite blue LEDs are the best blues on the market. The ATI LED Powermodule is definitely the best hybrid lamp.
I played around with the LEDs and finally came up with a combo that looks close. I have RB at max and red and blue at around 15. This creates a pop in the colors of the corals by bringing out some of the red/pink/purple pigments, very similar to the actinic blue of the Reef Brites. In case anyone else wants that look.

Unread 05/17/2015, 04:58 PM   #2521
Lord Magnus
Registered Member

I just got one of these a month and a half ago. It worked just great at the beginning, but now I'm having issues with the settings and the ATI software.

First issue I experienced is the LED fans making noise. As if they're were hitting the metal vents at the top. Grabbed a little butter knife and pried all the little vents up a bit, and the noise stopped. However, I am unable to program the lights at the intensity I want.

The issue with the programming had happened before. I was trying to save the new config in the lamp, but it would keep the old one or it would only save it for one of the 3 LED stips.

I was able to fix it at that time, by doing the reset process pushing the following buttons in the order I'm wrigint them next: Top, left, bottom, right, top, right, bottom, left, center. Then selected the number of strips (3) and saved. After that, everything went back to normal.

Now, no matter if I go with the Default setting on the brick, or if I attempt to do the above described reset process, it keeps my old config, and it's shutting off one hr earlier than I'm trying to program it for. I have also unplugged the rick for a day and a half, saved the new config again, but keeps retaining the old one and will not accept anything new.

The T5 are the only thing that are accepting new programming, but the LED's ignore all and any attempts to change/save the new config. Any ideas? I'm about to get with the warranty tomorrow if I can't sort it out today. I'm a little disappointed with such an expensive light.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Lord Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2015, 12:49 PM   #2522
basjacobs
Registered Member

Great light!

60 x 60 x 50 (lxbxh) Rimless Optiwhite, ATI Hybride PM 1x75W LED & 8x24W T5, Vertex Omega 150, Eheim 1262, Vertex Rx-U 2.5L Universal, Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155, VorTech MP10W ES, GHL SA 4 Dosing
basjacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/18/2015, 01:30 PM   #2523
Lord Magnus
Registered Member

Just an update. The button combo I did above only worked once. No idea why. I called ATI and they gave me a new combo to try: simultaneously press all 4 outermost buttons for 2 seconds, then center, top, bottom one at a time. After selecting the number of slots (LED strips) you press right to save. It worked like a charm.

Lord Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2015, 02:46 PM   #2524
cvportagee
Registered Member

Hello All,

I have read most of this thread and wanted to know everyones thoughts. I have been running a 30 gallon mixed reef tank for the past 2 years on AI hydras. I am now building a new tank (mixed reef) 48"x24"x24" (120 gal.) and I have decided to purchase the ati led powermodule 48" 8 bulb unit. I have never been fully satisfied with the look of my hydras as they are almost too blue for my taste. What bulb combination do you recommend? Also what type of acclimation should I do with the T5 as I have no experience with them? If you need more information please let me know. Thank you for any help you can offer.

cvportagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/20/2015, 03:50 PM   #2525
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvportagee View Post
Hello All,

I have read most of this thread and wanted to know everyones thoughts. I have been running a 30 gallon mixed reef tank for the past 2 years on AI hydras. I am now building a new tank (mixed reef) 48"x24"x24" (120 gal.) and I have decided to purchase the ati led powermodule 48" 8 bulb unit. I have never been fully satisfied with the look of my hydras as they are almost too blue for my taste. What bulb combination do you recommend? Also what type of acclimation should I do with the T5 as I have no experience with them? If you need more information please let me know. Thank you for any help you can offer.
I would go with the following tube combo: 4xCoral+, 2xBlue+ and 2xActinic

That will cover the full spectrum.

You then play with the LED spectrum adding as much of the RB, B, W and R channels to your taste.

Run the T5's around 4 hours to start, increase by 30 mins each day. If a coral starts to lighten, back off either the intensity or duration.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote