Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/30/2014, 10:29 PM   #1
izzyish
Registered Member

First order placed!

Just ordered a swallowtail angel and a magnificent foxface. Can't wait to see them!

izzyish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2014, 10:45 AM   #2
izzyish
Registered Member

Fish looked great when received. Acclimated per instructions and the following morning both had ich. Thankfully I had them both in my QT! Started Kordon's Ich Attack with UV and then Swallowtail developed velvet. Ditched the Kordon stuff and started tank transfer method and the swallowtail didn't survive the first transfer. So far so good with my magnificent foxface though!

Unread 12/16/2014, 04:37 PM   #3
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you have your credit in the system. If you need any help at all please feel free to call 888-479-2583

Take care.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2014, 10:11 AM   #4
izzyish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueZooAquatics View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you have your credit in the system. If you need any help at all please feel free to call 888-479-2583

Take care.
I wish I would have been able to get credit but my swallowtail died on the 8th day, your guarantee is only for 7 days. I did get credit for a skunk shrimp that was dead on arrival.

Ordering online for the first time has been an experience no doubt.

Unread 12/17/2014, 01:54 PM   #5
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for letting us know. We will absolutely honor your claim! We are not fish Nazis counting down 7 days from when your order arrives to wash our hands of responsibility for your order. The 7 days is just a guideline. We believe that if something is going to go wrong that can be attributed to a problem with the animal itself, it will manifest in 7 days or less. You basically have 7 days to report problems to us, not necessarily actual losses.

Just email customerservice@bluezooaquatics.com and let them know you had an issue and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Unread 12/17/2014, 03:04 PM   #6
izzyish
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for letting us know. We will absolutely honor your claim! We are not fish Nazis counting down 7 days from when your order arrives to wash our hands of responsibility for your order. The 7 days is just a guideline. We believe that if something is going to go wrong that can be attributed to a problem with the animal itself, it will manifest in 7 days or less. You basically have 7 days to report problems to us, not necessarily actual losses.

Just email customerservice@bluezooaquatics.com and let them know you had an issue and we will be more than happy to help.

Have a very Merry Christmas!
Oh wow thanks Blue Zoo, I didn't expect that. What great customer service. You didn't have to do that, I was going to buy from you guys again anyways. I was just bummed that my first online order went south with my swallowtail, I contributed it that to my dumb luck. Will definitely e-mail customer service!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Last edited by izzyish; 12/17/2014 at 03:56 PM.
Unread 12/24/2014, 06:21 AM   #7
jmowbray
Registered Member

Great customer service? I have sent them two emails and have never received a response. I placed my first order with them, place them in a brand new 20 long QT and after two weeks all the fish were dead but one (I moved it to the display bc it wasn't eating), all covered over night with velvet.

jmowbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/24/2014, 07:24 AM   #8
jmowbray
Registered Member

I need some help with my overflow. Attached are the pictures of my system it is completely up and running so taking it down and redoing is not an option. There are no issue wen the tank is running. However, when I turn the main pump off to feed or the power goes out the main drain doesn't want to start back up. It's almost like it airlocks. Every time I have to pull the section of pipe then connect it back and it goes and every thing is normal. I have tried to leave it to see if it would start on it's own and have had no luck. The overflow box fills and drains down the emergency.

The pipe closest is the main, middle is the emergency and the far is the other drain that feeds the fuge.

Unread 12/24/2014, 01:18 PM   #9
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

You should convert the two drain pipes in the overflow box to durso drains. The easiest way without having to tear anything apart would be to drill a 1/8" hole in the top of each PVC elbow to allow air to escape. Just make sure to keep salt creep out of the holes or it will air lock again.

As for the emails sent to us, if you have no response it might mean we didn't get them. We typically respond to emails really quickly. You can try sending directly to me wayne@bluezooaquatics.com.

Have a Merry Christmas.

EDIT: Looking again, I see that you actually have them set up as durso now but why the complicated air inlet on the far one? Maybe try eliminating a couple of fittings to allow more air. That is a really complicated design but it looks great.

Unread 12/24/2014, 01:26 PM   #10
jmowbray
Registered Member

I'm so sorry that wasn't supposed to be posting in here.

In regards to my order I sent an email on the 8th, 12th and 16th. The one on the 8th was the first and last to get replied to. The 12th and 16th were replies to the email response you sent me on the 8th.

Unread 12/26/2014, 11:20 PM   #11
gsxrfl1k6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowbray View Post
Great customer service? I have sent them two emails and have never received a response. I placed my first order with them, place them in a brand new 20 long QT and after two weeks all the fish were dead but one (I moved it to the display bc it wasn't eating), all covered over night with velvet.
Wow, this makes me a little nervous. I just ordered a swallowtail and a midas blenny for delivery on 12/30. The website says, "Our curators personally select only the healthiest livestock which are then treated in our medicated quarantine system to remove parasites..." What medication do you guys use?

gsxrfl1k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/26/2014, 11:30 PM   #12
jmowbray
Registered Member

I did a last ditch effort of copper. I also was running uv on the tank since before day one. I agree that when received the fish appeared 100% healthy. I'm not upset about the fish dieing bc of velvet as I don't expect them to swab and gram stain a slide for every fish. All I wanted was email confirmation. I do not buy the fact that they never received it. I can take screen shoots that prove I sent them three emails in total. Two of which were never acknowledged.

Unread 12/27/2014, 10:05 AM   #13
gsxrfl1k6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmowbray View Post
I did a last ditch effort of copper. I also was running uv on the tank since before day one. I agree that when received the fish appeared 100% healthy. I'm not upset about the fish dieing bc of velvet as I don't expect them to swab and gram stain a slide for every fish. All I wanted was email confirmation. I do not buy the fact that they never received it. I can take screen shoots that prove I sent them three emails in total. Two of which were never acknowledged.
Gotcha. Guess I was really wondering what kind of meds Bluezoo uses in their quarantine and for how long. One of the reasons I decided to go with them was the claim I quoted above. I just went through a velvet outbreak and have my remaining fish in quarantine and all new additions going through proper quarantine. It's a little concerning that you received fish that had velvet in light of Bluezoo's alleged medicated quarantine procedures.

gsxrfl1k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/28/2014, 12:26 PM   #14
DaisyDog
Registered Member

They have told me in the past that to them the why they judge a healthy fish is that it is eating. They are a bad company

DaisyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2014, 04:38 PM   #15
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

To jmowbray - If you can give us a reference number or order number we can check your account for any emails that have not been responded to. We believe you that you sent them but we don't believe we got them or they would have been responded to. You can call as well. We are here Mon-Fri from 9am to 6pm pst. We will be closed starting 12/30 at noon through 1/5. We would love to help you out with your problem.

To gsxrfl1k6 - Our big difference is that we actually house, take care of and pack every single animal that we sell as opposed to having animals drop shipped from turn and burn wholesalers. We import our animals and have a very low mortality rate because of our QT and medication procedures. Not all fish need medication but some like angels, tangs and butterflies go through the prazi med system before being listed in inventory because of the chance for flukes. Any fish like clownfish all get treated with nitro to guard against bacterial infections which are common. Any other fish will get treated as needed if they shows signs of pathogenic infection. Thank you so much for the order. We are glad we could help.

To DaisyDog - The most important thing to us is good nutrition for all fish, coral and inverts. Every fish has to be eating before it is even listed for sale. An eating fish is not necessarily a healthy fish but an eating fish is always one that can be treated for anything wrong with it. We are sorry you think we are a bad company. We have been around for over 10 years and have had fairly good growth each year. We rely very heavily on repeat customers and we feel we do a pretty good job with about a 75% retention rate. We understand we can't make every single person happy 100% of the time but we try damn hard to do so. If there is something we can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Unread 12/30/2014, 11:01 AM   #16
izzyish
Registered Member

Oh wow, I didn't expect this thread to get to this. First of all, I'm really happy the way BlueZoo handled my claim. They credited my loss within a couple days from when I sent them an e-mail. This is my first order with them and I didn't have any issue contacting them through the phone or by e-mail. Yes I did lose a fish, but I can attribute some of that to my QT procedures. Thankfully, with research provided from this forum, I didn't lose my foxface. After some tank transfers he is ich free and he's currently going through prazipro treatments. Even though I would have bought from them again, I think Blue Zoo did a great job to retain me as a costumer. Thanks again Blue Zoo can't wait to order from you guys again, just waiting on some Wantanabe's to come in.

Unread 12/30/2014, 02:29 PM   #17
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the update. It was a pleasure serving you and we truly look forward to your next purchase. Our philosophy is, if you are cool with us, we will be extremely cool with you. Take care and have a Happy New Year.

Unread 01/01/2015, 09:51 AM   #18
jmowbray
Registered Member

Quote:
To jmowbray - If you can give us a reference number or order number we can check your account for any emails that have not been responded to. We believe you that you sent them but we don't believe we got them or they would have been responded to. You can call as well. We are here Mon-Fri from 9am to 6pm pst. We will be closed starting 12/30 at noon through 1/5. We would love to help you out with your problem.

To gsxrfl1k6 - Our big difference is that we actually house, take care of and pack every single animal that we sell as opposed to having animals drop shipped from turn and burn wholesalers. We import our animals and have a very low mortality rate because of our QT and medication procedures. Not all fish need medication but some like angels, tangs and butterflies go through the prazi med system before being listed in inventory because of the chance for flukes. Any fish like clownfish all get treated with nitro to guard against bacterial infections which are common. Any other fish will get treated as needed if they shows signs of pathogenic infection. Thank you so much for the order. We are glad we could help.

To DaisyDog - The most important thing to us is good nutrition for all fish, coral and inverts. Every fish has to be eating before it is even listed for sale. An eating fish is not necessarily a healthy fish but an eating fish is always one that can be treated for anything wrong with it. We are sorry you think we are a bad company. We have been around for over 10 years and have had fairly good growth each year. We rely very heavily on repeat customers and we feel we do a pretty good job with about a 75% retention rate. We understand we can't make every single person happy 100% of the time but we try damn hard to do so. If there is something we can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask.
Here is the order number:527091

Unread 01/01/2015, 11:55 AM   #19
jmm
Registered Member

I ordered one of their Pinnatus batfish. Their ad states "These fish are truly Captive-Bred and are eating brine shrimp and picking at small pellets from the bottoms of the tanks." They shipped priority overnight but Fedex tried to deliver to the wrong address so my order was 3 hours late. The fish was floating sideways and swimming upside down. When I reported this to them they said it was normal behavior. I acclimated slowly but the fish never recovered and died a few hours later. There's been no response from them. True, it arrived alive, but didn't look like it would make it. They have no guarantee on this particular fish but the fish was paper thin, completely emaciated and couldn't have been eating. It had rather ragged fins (I know they're delicate, but I wouldn't have bought one like this if I had seen it). I don't believe it was eating at their facility. Also, the fish was considerably larger than represented and looked nothing like the picture. I've kept Pinnatus batfish for as long as 2 years before this.

jmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2015, 05:38 PM   #20
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks or the update. I am sure you have not received a response because we have been closed since noon on 12/30. Your loss counts as a DOA because the animal did not survive longer than the first 12 hours. It will be taken care of for you. We will be returning to the office on 1/5.

Thank you and Happy New Year.

Unread 01/03/2015, 10:09 PM   #21
cubiclewarrior
Registered Member

I think I may place an order based upon the customer service I am seeing here. Its hard to find a online place that will stand by their livestock and since you are actually active in this forum it makes me feel more at ease with placing an order with you.

Current Tank Info: 90 Gallon mixed reef and a 30 gallon waterfall reef setup
cubiclewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/05/2015, 01:59 PM   #22
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Thanks for the comment. We appreciate the business.

Just a reminder to everybody, if you have comments or questions unrelated to the original thread topic, please start another thread. We feel bad that poor izzyish's thread has been hijacked by so many. We are hear to answer any questions anybody has and each one is taken seriously so let's keep the individual threads intact so that the original poster can find the information they need more quickly.

Thanks guys.

Unread 01/05/2015, 02:08 PM   #23
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

To jmowbray,

The last email we received from you sates:

"I just wanted to say that everything exceeded my expectation with my first order from BZ. Everything acclimated great and is actively about today already. Though I do have a question regarding the Randall’s Goby. At which point should I be concerned that he is still not eating. The Order came on Saturday and he’s still not as active as the other fish. He is always hiding under this dish of sand I put in the QT and hasn’t touched a piece of food since the arrival.

Thanks again.
Jared"

It looks like this email was responded to by one of our husbandry representatives. There was no reply back from you that we can see.