Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/29/2017, 05:03 AM   #1526
louwjvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naifman View Post
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem after a power breakdown. Did you already find a solution ?

NaifAttachment 378788

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Not yet. Nicologne gave me a secquence to run through. I will do so tonight.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

louwjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2017, 11:45 PM   #1527
louwjvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naifman View Post
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem after a power breakdown. Did you already find a solution ?

NaifAttachment 378788

Naif. Nicologne explained that if you hold the left and right outer buttons down and plug the large plug (molex) into the splitter box you can jump through the the LEDs. I did not get a moment to test this yet. You need two persons to do this since one needs to hold the buttons down and another to plug the cable into the splitter block. The splitter block needs to be connected to power already with all LEDs shinning.

Unread 08/30/2017, 09:02 AM   #1528
naifman
Registered Member

Hi louwjvr,

thank you very much for your explanation.
I will try this next week because at the moment Vertex in Germany is on company holidays. They will be back next week. I want to have a contact person in case of unexpected events (Illumina won't work any more etc)

Naif

naifman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/30/2017, 09:34 AM   #1529
louwjvr
Registered Member

I completely understand. This is some of the most expensive kit we can buy in our country. If this light cannot be reset or something I ... well... I am also very nervous...

Unread 08/31/2017, 09:35 AM   #1530
louwjvr
Registered Member

Guys. After following Nicologne's advice I am delighted to report the Illumina is it old self again!!!

Unread 08/31/2017, 01:35 PM   #1531
Nicologne
Registered Member

Good that it worked out for you...

What a great piece of technic.

Have a great day.
Nicolas

Nicologne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/31/2017, 04:39 PM   #1532
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

I am going to change my lighting & my Vertex will be up for sale in October.
72" -- 360 hybrid.
I have 8 pads model 260 & 4 pads model 360.
Everything works, fellow before me changed the pads & had it reset by the factory reps.
Activated 1/2015, I have had it in use since 3/26/16.
Very reasonable, give me a PM if interested.

Unread 09/30/2017, 11:46 AM   #1533
ATATT
Registered Member

Illumine users, could use your help...

just unboxed a new 260 I've had for sometime. Fired it up, programmed it on the display. Everything worked smoothly and as expected. I'm happy with functionality via the display and would prefer to steer clear of the desktop software. I have four multicolor modules yet to install. Two questions:

1. After installing the modules, will its colors appear on the display in order to program them (out of the box, just the two blues and white appear which coincide with the stock pads;
2. After installing the multicolor pads, will any firmware updates or other software interfacing be required or will I be good to go to program via the display?

Many thanks to any and all who can offer insight.

ATATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/30/2017, 10:59 PM   #1534
Nicologne
Registered Member

1. yes...
2. it depends... on the firmwareversion the fixture has. It might be necessary to update but check with your retailer or Vertex.

Some Info:

First of all, IMPORTANT!!!!
What ever you do, do it without the light is connected to a power source. Unplug the connection between the light and the power supplies before doing anything else!!!!!

Please check if you have the proper installation Tool. It’s kind of a plastic press device.

If a module is not working properly after installation, first check the position by replacing it a little bit more up and/or down so the piercing contacts are hitting the power cable inside

If you have more than one power supply, be sure to connect first all power supplies to the splitter box and after that you connect the light with the splitter box.

If you try to install them without the proper plastic installation tool, you might bend the board which can result in damages...

Hope that was from help for you.

Take care
Nico

Unread 10/01/2017, 08:11 PM   #1535
ATATT
Registered Member

Thanks, Nico, you're a godsend!

I'm not sure I follow one item so I'd like to clarify, in reference to the "if I have more than one power supply (which I do as I have a 1200)" do you mean to:

1. first connect the round (with one small section flat) end of the cords from the Meanwel to the splitter boxl---the opposite end of the Meanwell being the prongs that go into the wall socket
2. then connect the Molex to the splitter box (this jives in my mind with your "connect the light with the splitter box" instruction). If so, I should disconnect the Molex from the splitter box before beginning? Not sure why as the cords would have been unplugged from the wall and nothing would have power (this was your first instruction) but you know 100 times more about this than I do
3. plug the prongs into the wall socket

Also, if I can retry piercing the power cable when installing the module, I assume the paste does not set up very fast?

Sorry if I am being dense...I very much appreciate your help and patience!

P.S. Re-boxed the fixture then wondered what would happen during a power failure so I set it up again. Date and time and custom light programming I had done were not saved so I thought maybe a new watch battery would be in order (what could it hurt, right). After that bit of microsurgery (and prayers to the light fixture gods that I wouldn't strip any screws), I need to locate a new battery and see if that fixes things (if an alternate solution was offered earlier in this thread I missed it). All I can say is if this is how things are going to be hardware-wise, I pray I won't need to deal with the desktop software.

Thanks, again!

Unread 10/03/2017, 03:17 AM   #1536
Nicologne
Registered Member

Sorry if I wasn’t clear which probably has to do with the fact my native language is German...

So just to clarify some background facts:
While you have two power circuits based in the two power supplies, some led pads are on a different circuit as well as the display/controller
Having said this, it is mandatory that all power circuits in the light are powered up at the same time which can be easily handled while the power supplies connected to the wall plug as well as Connected to the splitter box.
After that, when You connect the fixture cable with the splitter box, you can be sure, all circuits get the power at the same time.

As a side note, if a problem is in the circuit which is the controller on, you might have a problem because the pads are not properly Registratur by the controller during start up. All pads are connecting during the power up to the controller/display, if there is a power problem, it wouldn’t work.

Hope this makes some things clear.
Sorry if it sounds complicated, I don’t know how to explain it better. Let me
Know if something sounds weird, I might just use the wrong word...

For the paste. It should just be a cooling paste which will not work like a glue. If d the paste is in the bottom or the fixture and we are talking about a few centimeters, during the installation in one shot, it should not be a problem. If you Wanne get sure, just by some cooling paste from a computer store, the one they use to install a cpu on a main board and you should be good to go.

Hope I answered all you questions. If not? Just let me know....

Greetings
Nic

Unread 10/07/2017, 05:41 AM   #1537
StAiden
Registered Member

Hello all Vertex users. After much work with Adam this summer to try and repair a light, we came to the conclusion that it might be time to retire it and move on.
It is a 4' SR 260 and was used for about 4 years . The following components are available to strip off the light, if they might be of use to someone:
2 drivers (power supply transformers, large blocks, line voltage on one side, low voltage the other side)
1 multipad which was installed for at least three years. This includes all the colours plus UV includes installation tool.
2 sets of legs for mounting on Aquarium. Extremely corroded but still functional
Various screws, all other light modules from light except first pad and control end (these failed this summer and could not resolve issue)
If someone needs or wants anything, let me know. I'm more interested in helping out a vertex owner trying to try and keep their light running than anything. Reasonable offers, plus cover shipping.
PM me.

StAiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/08/2017, 08:25 AM   #1538
ATATT
Registered Member

Thanks, Nico! Sorry for the delay in responding.

Unread 11/07/2017, 06:12 PM   #1539
dubmaneh
Registered Member

UV Burning Acrylic Shield?

Hi All,

I noticed the other day that the acrylic shield on my Illumina 260s are burnt directly under what I think is the UV LED. I'm running one multicolour module on each 1' fixture.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks,

dubmaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 05:18 AM   #1540
flakey
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubmaneh View Post
Hi All,

I noticed the other day that the acrylic shield on my Illumina 260s are burnt directly under what I think is the UV LED. I'm running one multicolour module on each 1' fixture.

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks,
I had exactly the same problem under the uv leds. The acrylic eventually cracked and moisture got in and damaged the boards. Change the acrylic. They are expensive so I got some uv resistant acrylic cut to size for a fraction of the price. I bet over time they will end up the same but it’s much cheaper

flakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 11:45 AM   #1541
dubmaneh
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakey View Post
I had exactly the same problem under the uv leds. The acrylic eventually cracked and moisture got in and damaged the boards. Change the acrylic. They are expensive so I got some uv resistant acrylic cut to size for a fraction of the price. I bet over time they will end up the same but it’s much cheaper

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Will get them replaced ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dubmaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/08/2017, 12:58 PM   #1542
Nicologne
Registered Member

Hi everyone, while I saw here that it might be some hassle to get spare parts and also I get calls and emails from old contacts asking for them, I like to let you know, that we can supply you with compatible spare parts. Just send me an email with the needed parts: sales@scitronix.com

Btw, we have the possibility to produce pads to upgrade to a 600 (latest in LED). we need only enough people with interest.

Due the fact we are a professional electronic company we also can offer any kind of service and refurbishing on these lights.

It’s because we are also big fans of this LED system.

Greetings
Nic

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Unread 11/12/2017, 03:07 AM   #1543
Hudds
Registered Member

Quote:
we have the possibility to produce pads to upgrade to a 600 (latest in LED).
Can you please provide more info on that?

Thalassographia Reef
Hudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2017, 11:17 AM   #1544
Nicologne
Registered Member

@Hudds: Sure, we are working on a new PAD which will have the newest LEDs made by Cree which will have a PAR Value arround 550-600 depending on the power you serve it with.

Based on the Mean Well drivers, which are regulary coming with the Illumina you will have a roughly 550 PAR Based on the Illumina Rating. So doesn't matter if you have a Illumina-200 or an Illumina-260 or 360, with the new pads from us your Illumina will become a Illumina 550.

If we get enough request to Produce 1000 Pads. the Pricing will be nearly around 130-150 USD. per PAD (Proper offer and pricing on request and based on availablility)

The only thing a customer needs to do is to remove the Old PADs, Order new from us and press them in the place where to old ones was before.

If a Customer gives us with his Order the Information about size of the Light (300, 600, 900, 1200, 1500 or 1800) we will supply pre configured PAds for easy installation and running out of the box.

Beside this, we can also offer a complete maintaining and upgrade Pack, which includes cleaning, upgrading and checking on any problems. We have the possibilitiy to exchange every single part and repair or exchange it with a new one.

It would be great if people who are interested would let us know so we can see if this is from interest for you guys.

Any questions? Let me know.

Unread 11/16/2017, 06:28 AM   #1545
Nicologne
Registered Member

Hi Everyone, here also y short Video we made for it.

Unread 11/25/2017, 11:29 AM   #1546
Mackie
Registered Member

Vertex Desktop Software

Old laptop crashed and I lost my vertex controller software. The Vertex site is down. Does anyone know where I can get an installer for the vertex software?

Mike

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal reef
Mackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2017, 02:10 PM   #1547
redddogg69
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie View Post
Old laptop crashed and I lost my vertex controller software. The Vertex site is down. Does anyone know where I can get an installer for the vertex software?

Mike
Contact vertex support, he should be able to sort you out.

Adam@vertextechnologies.net

redddogg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2018, 04:24 PM   #1548
ABruce
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicologne View Post
@Hudds: Sure, we are working on a new PAD which will have the newest LEDs made by Cree which will have a PAR Value arround 550-600 depending on the power you serve it with.

Based on the Mean Well drivers, which are regulary coming with the Illumina you will have a roughly 550 PAR Based on the Illumina Rating. So doesn't matter if you have a Illumina-200 or an Illumina-260 or 360, with the new pads from us your Illumina will become a Illumina 550.

If we get enough request to Produce 1000 Pads. the Pricing will be nearly around 130-150 USD. per PAD (Proper offer and pricing on request and based on availablility)

The only thing a customer needs to do is to remove the Old PADs, Order new from us and press them in the place where to old ones was before.

If a Customer gives us with his Order the Information about size of the Light (300, 600, 900, 1200, 1500 or 1800) we will supply pre configured PAds for easy installation and running out of the box.

Beside this, we can also offer a complete maintaining and upgrade Pack, which includes cleaning, upgrading and checking on any problems. We have the possibilitiy to exchange every single part and repair or exchange it with a new one.

It would be great if people who are interested would let us know so we can see if this is from interest for you guys.

Any questions? Let me know.
I would sure like to talk to you. If you could PM me, I can not PM yest as I do not post enough.
thanks

ABruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2018, 03:11 PM   #1549
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

OK light is back in the box & FOR SALE
it's a 72" with 8 pads model 260 & 4 pads model 360.
Everything works & is as clean as I can get it without taking it apart.
I will include the hanging kit & a V-Stik, instruction manuals & a disk that hopefully will give you the program needed to run.
$800 BUT you pay shipping from 11764 & any PP fees.

Unread 02/09/2018, 02:08 PM   #1550
Nicologne
Registered Member

Hi guys,
This might be interesting for some of you.

Also most if not all spare parts Ilumina and illumilux compatible...

Shop . Scitronix . com

Greetings to all...