Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/07/2009, 09:54 AM   #51
bigtex52
Old Salt

Good! What did you order?

bigtex52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 09:56 AM   #52
robthorn
Registered Member

I-tech

robthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 10:17 AM   #53
subman719
Registered Member

Rwinfrey- I just wanted to point out that I'm not the one that was offered a refund. I purchased mine at Aquacave. I didn't know Jeremy or Premium Aquatics existed until this thread. Had I known prior, I would've purchased from Jeremy because he IS adding the personal touch and is taken the necessary steps to make things right regardless if we are one of his customers or not, which is extremely noble of him! I think HE is what will set Vertex and RE apart form the other skimmer lines!

"Fish are Friends, NOT Food!" - Finding Nemo

Current Tank Info: 90 Gal - Mixed Reef, 75 gal and 40 gal holding tanks. 20 gal mini reef and several fish only PICO tanks.
subman719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 10:31 AM   #54
DarG
Registered Member

The problem Rob, is that you are bashing the 200 in general. Your sarcasm is evident, your admitting to it wasnt necessary. The tenor of your posts is very clear. This, despite the fact that there are plenty of 200 owners with skimmers that are performing excellently. Given the opportunity to try a 200 that was known to work properly, you turned it down. That's fine. That was completely your perogative. But that being the case, your continued bashing of the skimmer is not at all reasonable. And please dont claim that you are only bashing the 200 that you have. Again, the sarcasm and tenor of your posts are very clear.

You're sending it back and getting a refund. You have your remedy. Dont you think enough is enough already? Especially considering the fact that you really dont know whether the 200 is a good skimmer or not ...

DarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 10:40 AM   #55
ryshark
Registered Member

What is the overall consensus with these skimmers? Are they awesome or are they a typical "first generation" with kinks to be worked out and the Gen 2 is what will really be awesome?

ryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 10:49 AM   #56
crab0000
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by robthorn
Are some of us kidding ourselves thinking RE is actually building these skimmers? Aren't the manufactured in china? At least that is what I was told. I could have been told wrong. This was another factor in deciding to just say forget it. Seems the description was somewhat misleading. I tried for a long time to figure out how I can keep this thing.
I was under the impression these were being built in Germany by RE? Didn't Klaus post pics of some of the CNC mills being used to produce these or was that in another thread?

crab0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 11:17 AM   #57
robthorn
Registered Member

ok dar. I am being asked questions or commented about So I am simply answering. It's not a bash fest. You obviously are skimming and not reading my posts and still feel the need to ask me questions and comment. I never once bashed 200's in general. I thought I made it very clear I was talking about my 200. Except I think the neck is too big I guess that is about all 200's but that to me isn't a bash it's an opinion which we are all entitled too. underpowered is also only underpowered for the neck size. Again only the same opinion.
Crab as I stated I don't know I was just told by another reefer on RC. ME saying where I was told they were made shouldn't be a problem or secret. It's very natural these days to make things in china. It's cheaper so why not? I guess if they are not made in China someone will surely clear the air and tell us where they or parts of them are manufactured. Again I don;t think saying they are manufactured in China is a bash or from me is not intended to be a bashing statement.

Unread 09/07/2009, 12:03 PM   #58
swiseman
Premium Member

I just unsubscribed from this thread as 4 of you are boring me to death with your constant problems. You never see this level of BS in any other club thread and I spent years in the Deltec forum before buying what is a vastly superior skimmer.

Why don't you guys start a thread dedicated to the 170 and the single 200 that have caused so much anguish. You have sucked the enjoyable life out of this thread.

Congratulations.

Current Tank Info: 220 Gal SPS Reef, 3 x Ecotech Radion LED, 66 gal sump, Vertex Alpha 250 Kone Skimmer, GEO 6-18 Ca Reactor, 2 x Tunze 6105, 1 x Vertex MP40W, Profilux III EX
swiseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 03:12 PM   #59
DarG
Registered Member

Rob, I have read your posts completely. Your criticism being limited to YOUR 200 is garbage. Your intent is obvious and your sarcasm doest mask it, it amplifies it. I highly doubt that I am the only one who can see this.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I may be mistaken but I believe that the Alpha skimmers are indeed made by RE in Germany. Somebody mentioned Klaus stating that he purchased new CNC machinery in order to produce these skimmers or parts of them, and I believe that is also the case. But this is from memory. Something related to this is mentioned by Klaus earlier in the thread (well before the split) if anyone wants to find it. Im sure that Jeremy will chime in during the week.

Unread 09/07/2009, 03:19 PM   #60
bigtex52
Old Salt

Nope. We all see it. He's just trolling at this point and I refuse to feed the troll. It's past time for him to move on to the I-Tech forum and let the rest of us get back on topic.

I hope Jeremy gets the new needlewheel from Klaus this week. Can't wait to see how it performs.

bigtex52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 04:00 PM   #61
DarG
Registered Member

The Alphas are made in Germany by RE.

Page 24 of the thread before the split. Klaus shows some new machinery in pictures and mentions that they had to purchase new/more machinery and hire more help in order to keep up with demand for the Alpha skimmers.

Unread 09/07/2009, 05:10 PM   #62
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Guys, the bickering back and forth needs to end immediately. The bottom line is that Rob could not get his skimmer to work in his system, no matter what he did. I have a feeling that there is something wrong with it, especially since it's pulling 400 - 600LPH under what it's supposed to. He will be getting a full refund, and with no deduction for shipping charges. Once I receive it I will take a look at the unit and find out what is going on.

We have managed to clutter up 3 1/2 pages of arguing. This thread is already very big and hard to read because of the size. Please get it back on track from here on out.

The skimmer's are completely manufactured in Germany, with the exception of the mold for the body, which was built in China. The body is NOT built in China, just the mold that is used to form it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 06:21 PM   #63
Royal Exclusiv
Registered Member

Hi ...

the Thermoforming molds are manufactured in Germany...
the Vaccum-thermoformed Bodys are made in Germany...
the Assembling was made in Cologne/Germany...
the Pumpperformance was made by Royal-Eclusiv-Germany..
the Vertex-Cones are made from Royal-Exclusiv for our Customer, Proline-Aquatics.
He is the Owner of the Toolings and CNC-Programms. So all the Rights of Design, CNC-Programms, the Toolings and Technlogies are under Property from our Customer, Proline-Aquatics.

Only the Titanium-Screws on the Vertex-Cones, are comming from China. We ordert it by a German Company, and the Invoices comming from a German Company, or i now, it comming from China. He comming in best Quality.

Hope. it clear the Manufacturing.... .. China is a great Country and we love the chinese Cultur and peoples. We now any Manufacturers in China, but it is not the Future of Royal-Exclusiv, for manufacturing our Skimmer-Products in China. Yes, we can do it,... it is a lot chepaer there as in Germany, thats not the Question. If the Customer want HighTech Products, it comming allway from Europe or USA. Thats Fact. I never see a new revolutionary-invention from our chinese Competitors in the Skimmer-Industry.

For the 170´s surging Problem : ... we designed a new Needlewheel and maybe a new, adjustable nozzle. It was ready his week and we send it quick to USA.
Sorry for the Trouble......we testing the 170´s many months in a saltwatertank and it running perfect. Or it is the Truth, it is completly different Story, so the Products go to the Customers. A lot of different thinks wait on the Skimmers. We working on a solution for the surging Problem on the 170´s. It was hard, for reducing the Pumpperformance on the Mini Red Dragonpumps for the small 170´s Cones.....

best regards....

Last edited by Royal Exclusiv; 09/07/2009 at 06:36 PM.
Royal Exclusiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 06:59 PM   #64
robthorn
Registered Member

sweet I am actually glad I was told wrong. Thanks for clearing the china issue up.
Thanks jeremy for the shipping update. The change is much appreciated.

Unread 09/07/2009, 07:06 PM   #65
Husky_1
Premium Member

Hey Jeremy/Klaus,
I was wondering how can I get in line for a new needlewheel? I can try and take some video of the surging, or whatever is needed.

Current Tank Info: 92 Reef, 10 Reef
Husky_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2009, 07:26 PM   #66
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

I stand corrected, the molds are not made in China, thanks Klaus!

Husky_1, once I get it tested, and we have it finalized that is what we will be doing then I'll make sure the few of you on here get new impellers. Keep in mind that I am not able to send any replacement / warranty parts to those who did not purchase through Premium Aquatics.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Unread 09/07/2009, 07:58 PM   #67
subman719
Registered Member

Jeremy, I just PM'd you

Current Tank Info: 90 Gal - Mixed Reef, 75 gal and 40 gal holding tanks. 20 gal mini reef and several fish only PICO tanks.
Unread 09/07/2009, 11:23 PM   #68
ryshark
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by subman719
Jeremy, I just PM'd you
Me too.

ryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2009, 05:54 PM   #69
taklein65
Registered Member

I was reading an email from Jeremy that my skimmer A250 would be in around the end of September some other stuff shipped out yesterday 9/10. I checked the tracking number and it said delivered 9/11 5:56pm so i go down and look. While i was typing the email to Jeremy to say thanks, David Ragan did a drive by no door bell no knock there it set. That was FAST. Thats 24 hours turn around from ship to deliverey I can't wait for the A250 to get in than I'll be Thanks Jeremy

taklein65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2009, 08:41 AM   #70
rsuplido
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy B.
Husky_1, once I get it tested, and we have it finalized that is what we will be doing then I'll make sure the few of you on here get new impellers. Keep in mind that I am not able to send any replacement / warranty parts to those who did not purchase through Premium Aquatics.
[/B]

Please add me to the list. Do you need my order number Jeremy?

rsuplido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2009, 03:11 PM   #71
Wd40
Registered Member

Whats the word with new impellor Jeremy?
These microbubbles are driving me crazy!
Let me know.
Thank You

Wd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2009, 05:07 PM   #72
kvmn
Registered Member

Wd40.....
you having problem with microbubbles coming out from output?
is that what they call suring???

kvmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2009, 06:22 PM   #73
subman719
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kvmn
Wd40.....
you having problem with microbubbles coming out from output?
is that what they call suring???
I believe his microbubble problem is different from the surging. Since I moved my nozzle out to compensate for my surging problem, I now have microbubbles coming out of the exhaust pipe. The whole skimmer works on mircrobubbles but when you have too much airflow, the bubbles go too far below the bubble plate and come out of the exhaust. Here's a link to my skimmer with the "surging" problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UcnVnClrFM

Hope this helps and for anyone who is more knowledgeable with this, please feel free to correct me.

Unread 09/14/2009, 07:36 AM   #74
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Microbubbles will not be fixed by anything other than decreasing the air draw, and increasing the water flow. Is there anyway you can get a photo of the microbubbles? Every skimmer out there will produce some microbubbles out of the output. I do not know of one single design on the market that doesn't. If you're getting a bunch of microbubbles / particulate in your tank, then this is most likely a result of something else, and not the skimmer.

FYI, there is no list yet or anything for a 170 update. I have not received the impeller or other items yet to try. I should be getting a call today from Klaus to get an update on everything he shipped to me, and tracking on it.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Unread 09/14/2009, 07:59 AM   #75
Wd40
Registered Member

Hey Jeremy thanx for the update.
As for the surging question. the answer is no my skimmer actually skims very well!
However, I have ALOT of microbubbles coming out of the output. My skimmer is running in 9'' and is running the 59mm nozzle. Should I be running @ something else???
I had a couple of people come over my house this weekend Jeremy and they also saw the microbubbles and commented on it. They run BK MINI's and said they have ZERO bubbles.
Im really getting TIRED and ****ED about these micrbubbles cause there going in my display!
I know its not your fault Jeremy, cause u didnt make the skimmer, so in no way am i bashing you, your customer service is #1. But i cant call Klause or Royal Exclusive myself so i need to vent somewhere and seek for help here..
Once again, Thank you

Wd40 is offline   Reply With Quote