Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/28/2012, 10:06 AM   #351
CRC88
Registered Member

I just read the thread top to bottom and I must say I'm impressed! I really like how this was pretty much all DIY and your system turned out to be top notch.

I'm sorry to hear you're selling the tank, but if you're not enjoying it, all those hours spent worrying about it just aren't worth it!! Good luck in your future endevours, and be sure to share them on here so we can live vicariously through you!

Current tank info: 90g mixed reef w/ refugium, macro algae, 40lbs LS, 85lbs LR.
Total water volume ~105gal. 4xT5 with 90W LED supplement. Reef Octo NWB150. 3,500+ GPH flow.
CRC88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2012, 10:44 AM   #352
frankpayne32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRC88 View Post
I just read the thread top to bottom and I must say I'm impressed! I really like how this was pretty much all DIY and your system turned out to be top notch.

I'm sorry to hear you're selling the tank, but if you're not enjoying it, all those hours spent worrying about it just aren't worth it!! Good luck in your future endevours, and be sure to share them on here so we can live vicariously through you!
Thanks! I am really proud of it and like how it turned out but I learned a lot along the way and there are many things I would change if I were to do it again. So, I'm going to do it again! I'm probably going to take a year off then try a new tank.

Advice to new hobbyists: listen to people that have a tank you would like to have one day, not to those with a high post count.

Current Tank Info: 125 gallon in-wall (build thread is my homepage).
frankpayne32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2012, 01:16 PM   #353
frankpayne32
Registered Member

ttt

Advice to new hobbyists: listen to people that have a tank you would like to have one day, not to those with a high post count.

Unread 03/03/2012, 09:20 PM   #354
Lynnmw1208
Registered Member

photobucket stinks! I can't see any of your pics because it says it exceeded bandwidth... u should use picasa by google or something

equipment: Eshopps psk-200 skimmer, Mag 12 pump, 30gal sump, 2x 300w Finnex heaters, glass-holes 1500gph overflow kit with 3/4" return kits, 72" 8x36w t-5 AquaticLife light, 66lbs of LR, 150lbs of tropic eden reeflakes, 2 Koralia Evo 1400, JBJ ATO, BRS dual GFO/carbon reactors, Hydor smartwave

Current Tank Info: 125gallon
Lynnmw1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/04/2012, 06:57 AM   #355
frankpayne32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnmw1208 View Post
photobucket stinks! I can't see any of your pics because it says it exceeded bandwidth... u should use picasa by google or something
Yeah, how bout it. I just had a large for sale thread with lots of pics so I got a lot of traffic this week. It resets on the 13th. I will definitely be looking into Picasa now to see if I can easily transfer my pics.

Unread 03/13/2012, 10:58 AM   #356
frankpayne32
Registered Member

I meant to post this last week but photobucket was being a pain so here it is now.

All of the tank inhabitants as well as the equipment have now been sold. The tank is empty and soaking in vinegar and will be sold as well soon. I've had a reef aquarium of some sort or another for over five years. I've had this in wall tank for two and a half years. It has been a great journey in which I have learned many things and have met (at least digitally) a lot of great and knowledgeable people. I know I will want to set up a reef again some day and I know it will be even better because of my experiences and all that I have learned from this site. So, thank you everyone for being part of the journey along the way!

I want to end this thread in a very special way to me. The first picture is of me placing an orange montipora into my 125 gallon over two years ago. At that point I had that coral for almost a year and it was the first "sps" coral that I had success with. I purchased it at about the size of a quarter and it had grown to the size of a saucer. I was so proud of it that I had my friend take a picture of it as I was placing it into my new tank.

Fast forward over two years and here I am on the final day of this tank's life and I am, with even more pride, taking that same coral out of the tank to put it into a styro to be taken home and enjoyed by another hobbyist.

These two pictures more than any others sum up my wonderful experiences in this hobby. While it's time for a break...I will be back. Thanks again everyone!

Unread 05/30/2012, 01:53 AM   #357
Johnwayne
Registered Member

wheres the most recent fts

Johnwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/30/2012, 08:50 AM   #358
frankpayne32
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnwayne View Post
wheres the most recent fts
The tank has been broken down for months now. The last full tank shot is a page or two back...