Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/23/2012, 07:51 AM   #26
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chercm View Post
there is bug here when i tried to import Jon graph and tried to shift the timing but it does not work
After the firmware updated on mine I was left with un-programmed Radions, so I had to re-import "Jon's Graph," I time shifted from his 11/11 to my 8/8 and I didn't have any issues. I'm not sure what it takes to qualify as a bug, but this wasn't an issue for me.

Again, the only issue I had was that it wiped my lights back to defaults and I had to regroup/rename/reprogram. Other than that the platform is working great for me on OS X Mountain Lion AND on my old Windows XP laptop. FYI - Internet Explorer is NOT supported, it requires Safari, Chrome or Firefox.

brianmsu80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2012, 08:05 AM   #27
chercm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmsu80 View Post
After the firmware updated on mine I was left with un-programmed Radions, so I had to re-import "Jon's Graph," I time shifted from his 11/11 to my 8/8 and I didn't have any issues. I'm not sure what it takes to qualify as a bug, but this wasn't an issue for me.

Again, the only issue I had was that it wiped my lights back to defaults and I had to regroup/rename/reprogram. Other than that the platform is working great for me on OS X Mountain Lion AND on my old Windows XP laptop. FYI - Internet Explorer is NOT supported, it requires Safari, Chrome or Firefox.
i changed the day start and it look like this

chercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2012, 10:51 AM   #28
AcroporAddict
There is no substitute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
I think the minimum # of fixtures for an invite is 12. . That said maybe having all those fixtures would put you well outside the the average and the beta would be dicey to begin with controlling all those fixtures.

I'll probably just use the Configuration Utility until I think I need the ESL or a cool update comes along. After this no more updates on the ES Configuration Utility, if memory serves.

AcroporAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2012, 06:37 PM   #29
nycreef
Registered Member

How do I get invited? Feels like the old days when they used to pick people in the crowd to get in to the new clubs in manhattan.
I have a few question to the people who were invited.

When you loaded the program to your iPad, did the iPad and radion recognize each other wirelessly?

Do you need Internet to connect to the radion or is that just for the upload?

We're there any new features that the previous version didn't have?

C'mon guys, just cause you got in to the exclusive by invite only club doesn't mean you should leave the rest of us even though I probably would have back in the day...lol

nycreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2012, 06:57 PM   #30
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycreef View Post
How do I get invited? Feels like the old days when they used to pick people in the crowd to get in to the new clubs in manhattan.
I have a few question to the people who were invited.

When you loaded the program to your iPad, did the iPad and radion recognize each other wirelessly?

Do you need Internet to connect to the radion or is that just for the upload?

We're there any new features that the previous version didn't have?

C'mon guys, just cause you got in to the exclusive by invite only club doesn't mean you should leave the rest of us even though I probably would have back in the day...lol
This isn't the iPad/iPhone app. This is the (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) web browser platform to be able to use Mac OS. To use this platform you still need to have (at least one) Radion connected via USB to the computer in which you are using your web browser. (so no mobile devices/browsers)

I can only assume the iPad/iPhone ability will be added later along with more insight on how the connectivity will allow iPad/iPhone to communicate to Radions. It's my opinion that they will still need to be connected to a host computer or EcoTech will sell wireless networking (Not RF) modules for the Radion.

Unread 08/24/2012, 09:22 AM   #31
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Just to clarify, you can use EcoSmart Live on smartphones, tablets, etc... via browser, not through a dedicated app. To do so, one light must be connected to a computer (Mac or PC).

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2012, 09:24 AM   #32
EcoTech Service
Registered Member

Please note that a pool of current Radion users were selected at random to beta test the new software. To those testing, we encourage you to send any/all feedback through EcoSmart Live. Not sure how to do so, click here.

For FAQs, troubleshooting advice and direct interaction with the EcoTech staff, visit http://ecotechmarine.com/support/ or call us at 1-800-785-0338 ext. 2.
EcoTech Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2012, 03:20 PM   #33
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoTech Service View Post
Just to clarify, you can use EcoSmart Live on smartphones, tablets, etc... via browser, not through a dedicated app. To do so, one light must be connected to a computer (Mac or PC).
I visited ecosmartlive.com on my iPhone Safari browser and also on my TouchPad (I don't own an iPad). The site does load, but it is definitely not optimized to be a mobile site. That is why I assumed that it was not ready for mobile devices yet.

Unread 08/24/2012, 03:30 PM   #34
nycreef
Registered Member

IMHO, this is the best way to go instead of apps. You can use it in every application no matter what your running, all you need is Internet service and your controlling it from wherever you are in the world. I have windows pc, mac, iPad and an android phone, so being able to just log on and have my same set up in the same place is easier than loading many apps in many devices.
One place to log in and control it from anything with an Internet connection.
Nice Ecotech!

Unread 08/24/2012, 03:33 PM   #35
nycreef
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmsu80 View Post
I visited ecosmartlive.com on my iPhone Safari browser and also on my TouchPad (I don't own an iPad). The site does load, but it is definitely not optimized to be a mobile site. That is why I assumed that it was not ready for mobile devices yet.
What does that mean not optimized to be a mobile site? Either it works or it doesn't? Is it the speed of loading? Is doing what it's supposed to?

Unread 08/24/2012, 03:37 PM   #36
d2mini
Registered Member

I've got the config app open and it's telling me a radion is connected but to log in.
I'm logged in to ecosmart live and it's telling me I'm disconnected.

Mac OSX Lion and Google Chrome.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Photos taken with a Nikon D750 or Leica M.
d2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2012, 03:59 PM   #37
nycreef
Registered Member

Try being wired up first, log in, then after it's all set up, disconnect it and see what happens.
Mabe initially it needs to just be set up.

Unread 08/24/2012, 04:10 PM   #38
d2mini
Registered Member

Ya i plugged in first, started connection manager and then logged in via the web.

Elos Diamond 120xl | Elos Stand | Radion G4 Pros | GHL Profilux Controller | LifeReef Skimmer | LifeReef Sump
Unread 08/24/2012, 04:53 PM   #39
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
What does that mean not optimized to be a mobile site? Either it works or it doesn't? Is it the speed of loading? Is doing what it's supposed to?
Mobile optimized: Mostly the navigation and layout of the website is different. "Optimized" to load/navigate/function better on a mobile device.

Goto a site like ESPN/CNN/Yahoo/etc, you get directed to a completely different site on your mobile browser compared to what you would SEE on on a computer browser (the mobile optimized site is sometimes similar to the "app" you would download). Or if you have an Apex, it's the difference between the app and trying to use the website via mobile browser.

Many times you'll even see the URL of the site redirect to a m.websitename.com type site when the webserver notices you are on a mobile platform browser.

If you load a non-mobile optimized site on your mobile device, you may have a difficult time getting to certain menus, links, dropdowns etc. Other times, code (html tables for one) in the webpage may not be displayed correctly on the mobile.

As far as ecosmartlive.com on my iPhone/TouchPad, (I'll take pics and post later) The links/icons were very difficult to click on, maybe this is easier on an iPad. This is where some mobile optimization would help.

Anyhow, I'm sure it works fine ( and confident anything that doesn't, EcoTech will fix it). I just didn't put much time into the mobile ability. Everything worked great for me from my Mac desktop. I don't really have the need/desire for the mobile ability to control my lights.

Unread 08/24/2012, 05:02 PM   #40
BigKahuna
Registered Member

I can't wait to try this on my iPad but didn't get into the beta but from past screens it looks like the iPad is very similar to what you'd get on a desktop browser and any kinks should be worked out without too much trouble. Just out of curiosity for those who know... What is the install procedure? Do you install a USB driver/daemon on the PC/Mac that actively communicates with the fixture and just point the browser at a certain IP to interface wth it?

150DD Starphire w/Herbie | 2xEcotech Radion Pro - articulated mount | MP40wES w/ Batt BB | Apex Neptune | SeaSwirl | Laguna MaxFlo 1500 w/manifold | Proflex Mod2 sump | modded SWC 160 cone | Avast ATO

Current Tank Info: Sheet PVC build http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2168214
BigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2012, 05:34 PM   #41
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member

Quote:
It means it works but it is not optimized for a touch device. If you saw it you would understand. It is a beta, give it time.

Unread 08/24/2012, 05:36 PM   #42
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKahuna View Post
I can't wait to try this on my iPad but didn't get into the beta but from past screens it looks like the iPad is very similar to what you'd get on a desktop browser and any kinks should be worked out without too much trouble. Just out of curiosity for those who know... What is the install procedure? Do you install a USB driver/daemon on the PC/Mac that actively communicates with the fixture and just point the browser at a certain IP to interface wth it?
It uses the WebSocket API

You are prompted to download/install EcoSmart Live Connection Manager the first time you login to the website ecosmartlive.com.

Unread 08/24/2012, 05:36 PM   #43
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastamherstbias View Post
It means it works but it is not optimized for a touch device. If you saw it you would understand. It is a beta, give it time.
YES! Exactly!

You said it much better and with less words....

Unread 08/24/2012, 07:30 PM   #44
d2mini
Registered Member

I tried again.
Connection Manager sees that I'm connected and sees that I'm logged in, yet ESL says I'm disconnected and won't let me do anything.

Unread 08/24/2012, 07:50 PM   #45
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member

Did you reboot the computer?

Did u report the bug to the support team?

Unread 08/24/2012, 09:03 PM   #46
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
I tried again.
Connection Manager sees that I'm connected and sees that I'm logged in, yet ESL says I'm disconnected and won't let me do anything.
Try plugging one in via USB and using the "Firmware Update" it will update firmware and restart the fixture. I had to do that one light at a time (moving USB cable to next light). Once all my lights had the firmware update, they finally showed up as connected.

Unread 08/24/2012, 09:06 PM   #47
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastamherstbias View Post
Did you reboot the computer?

Did u report the bug to the support team?

Not sure a computer reboot is needed, but definitely restarting the browser and unplugging/reconnecting USB cable helped me get my lights to show up.

Unread 08/24/2012, 09:20 PM   #48
d2mini
Registered Member

I'll try restarting.
Tried updating all firmware via the old software and it said all lights were up to date.

Unread 08/24/2012, 09:39 PM   #49
brianmsu80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2mini View Post
I'll try restarting.
Tried updating all firmware via the old software and it said all lights were up to date.
You will need to update the firmware via ecosmartlive.com (not old config utility)

EcoTech has stated that the old software will not be updated, so I assume that also means the firmware updates as well. The old software said my firmware was up-to-date too, but ecosmartlive.com had a new firmware update. After I got the firmware update on each light, everything started working great for me.

Unread 08/25/2012, 06:39 AM   #50
Tradewinds
Registered Member

So beta testers, what are your favorite new features of the web based interface?

Tradewinds is offline   Reply With Quote