Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/14/2018, 02:33 PM   #26
cjpitt80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkevink View Post
Mine do better when spot feed a couple times a week. If closed up try feeding daily for a while if they will eat.
I've tried spot feed turkey baster style with both Reef Roids and PE Mysis. Since they've not fully opened, I've not seen any feeding response

75 gal display running since 5/14/18--29 gal sump Ocellaris Clown Pair, Flasher Wrasse, Bangaii Cardinal, Fire Shrimp pair, Skunk Cleaner, Blue Coral Banded Shrimp, Euphyllia, Monti Cap, Monti Digi. C
cjpitt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/14/2018, 02:35 PM   #27
cjpitt80
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle99 View Post
Yup, look well extended to me.
Yes, Duncan envy..

75 gal display running since 5/14/18--29 gal sump Ocellaris Clown Pair, Flasher Wrasse, Bangaii Cardinal, Fire Shrimp pair, Skunk Cleaner, Blue Coral Banded Shrimp, Euphyllia, Monti Cap, Monti Digi. C
cjpitt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/04/2018, 03:20 PM   #28
xsentrixsupra
Registered Member

Did your duncan ever open?

We got a duncan and it was open for the 1st few days and now its been closed. From reading this it sounds like its fairly normal though. Just wondering how long it took before yours opened back up.

xsentrixsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/05/2018, 07:35 AM   #29
tjm9331
Registered Member

I know this thread is starting to age a bit but thought I'd chime in. I have 3 duncans, all open up nice and full unless they are getting blasted with flow.

I know duncans don't like a lot of flow, they definitely don't like being next to any kind of euphyllia (found that out the hard way )

They also like dirty water, meaning a bit of nitrates in the water. I had near 0 nitrates at one point and the duncans barely opened and weren't very happy. Now my nitrates run around 5ppm and they love it, open nice and full and grow a new head every other week.

If your nitrates are in fact 0 I would try to get them up a bit, most corals enjoy a bit of nitrates and phosphates in the water.

tjm9331 is offline   Reply With Quote