Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/23/2018, 07:56 AM   #1
APEX_AIMZ
Registered Member

snoflake eel and dwarf lion fish

i have seen videos of peple housing these animals in 40 gallons is it possible

APEX_AIMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2018, 08:14 AM   #2
mitch91175
Premium Member

Apex, man you are all over the place with your stock list. Looks like you have gone from a reef to a predator tank. You can definitely put those together in the 40G, but at the same time once that snowflake get larger, you will likely need to sell it. Liveaquaria recommends min 50 gallon so your not too far off. You're gonna feed a lot to the eel and definitely have high nutrients from the feeding. Likely will prevent you from adding certain type of coral because of the nutrients unless you keep them in check. I personally have never had an Eel for those exact reasons. I would only personally consider having an Eel and a lion fish in a predator only tank. Definitely prevents you from having smaller fish with all of the beautiful colors. Not saying that you absolutely cannot do it, just that every specimen have their own personalities just like we do. Your success will NOT be just like someone else because of that reason. Go for it and see what happens and tell us your story later.

Also suggest that you visit LiveAquaria and see what is compatible with each other and what size aquarium you will need to have the best success.

mitch91175 is offline   Reply With Quote