Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2017, 06:06 PM   #26
ThaChad
Registered Member

Okay,

So I replaced the membrane and all the pre-filters and still am only getting 40PSI out of the waste line on the membrane. I put a pressure gauge between the booster pump and the RO membrane and was only getting 50 PSI.

So I am loosing 10PSI going threw the booster pump and another 10 psi going threw the membrane..

So I took the booster pump apart, I don’t have a clue what I’m looking for? But everything looks to be in order... So At this point, the only thing I can think to do is replace the booster pump..

-ThaChad

Unread 11/18/2017, 06:11 PM   #27
Buckeye Hydro
.Registered Member

Maybe you want to send us the system?

Buckeye Hydro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 06:45 PM   #28
ThaChad
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Hydro View Post
Maybe you want to send us the system?
Hi Russ,

Thank you for the offer! I may infact do that!

I don’t know what else to do.

At this point, I am wondering if something is wrong with the booster pump..

I hooked it back up with out the booster pump and got the exact same readings as with the booster pump, 50 PSI after the prefilter going into the membrane and 40 PSI coming out the waste line.. So that tells me the booster pump wasn't working at all.

So that's progress...

Thanks!

-ThaChad

Last edited by ThaChad; 11/18/2017 at 08:54 PM.
ThaChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 09:13 PM   #29
outy
Moved On

You can pull the head off and clean the rubber flappers and check for stuck debris.

Manual says do not adjust the pressure, but I found setting the screw a little one way eliminated a lot of excess vibration at 90psi. Its not complicated to tear into.

outy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2017, 09:39 PM   #30
ThaChad
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outy View Post
You can pull the head off and clean the rubber flappers and check for stuck debris.

Manual says do not adjust the pressure, but I found setting the screw a little one way eliminated a lot of excess vibration at 90psi. Its not complicated to tear into.
I didn’t take the rubber parts out, but I did take it apart, didn’t see any debris.

I don’t have an Aquatec. I bought Filterdirect’s model 752, so mine isn’t adjustable.

-ThaChad