Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/08/2018, 03:35 PM   #1
boater5
Registered Member

RKE, RKL and Archon. Digital Aquatics

Picked up a RKL plus cheap but then found out digital Aquatics is no longer producing any of there controllers now. Wonder if they are giving up and getting out of the market?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

boater5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2018, 03:41 PM   #2
tkeracer619
Registered Member

Where did you hear that?

tkeracer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2018, 03:58 PM   #3
boater5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeracer619 View Post
Where did you hear that?
Got an email from them when asking about there products

Unread 02/08/2018, 04:00 PM   #4
boater5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater5 View Post
Got an email from them when asking about there products

Here is the email when asking about the Acrhon

Sir,

The Archon is not in production at this time. Your order shipped out already. If you would like to cancel it, please return the box once it arrives and we will refund your credit card for the purchase upon receipt of the goods.

Thank you,

--

Digital Aquatics Support Team

support@digitalaquatics.com

Unread 02/08/2018, 04:09 PM   #5
sonic
Registered Member

Probably just means an updated version coming

sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/08/2018, 04:16 PM   #6
boater5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic View Post
Probably just means an updated version coming
I ordered the net module then thought about upgrading to the RKE and asked about but they are no longer in production. Then thought I might just cancel the net module and go with the Archon since it has built in net but that's the email they sent to me after inquiring about

Unread 02/08/2018, 04:19 PM   #7
boater5
Registered Member

Are you still producing the reefkeeper elite I have seen that you haven't had any in stock. Would be interested in possible trading up from the lite.

>

>Thank you

>

>Randy

Sir,

Unfortunately no, the Elite is no longer in production. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you,

--

Digital Aquatics Support Team

support@digitalaquatics.com

Unread 02/08/2018, 11:05 PM   #8
DesertReefT4r
Registered Member

New to me. BRS still has them in stock. I may need to look into an Apex if DA is no long making the RKL and RKE.

Tank history 29g tropical ,55g cichlid tank, 20H softy reef, 29g mixed reef, 20H brackish goby & puffer tank, 55g mixed reef, 6g Nanocube softy lps reef, 40B sps reef, 75g sps reef, 75g sps reef in bu

Current Tank Info: 75g sps reef build in the works.
DesertReefT4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2018, 12:11 PM   #9
beboyle
Registered Member

If you've looked at the Digital Aquatics site or Facebook page lately you'd see that nothing has been happening there for almost two years now, and they site store shows virtually everything as "Out of stock". They're done.

I was looking to upgrade my RKE to an Archon but I don't want to buy from a company that's in the process of throwing in the towel.

Current Tank Info: 90g Reef Tank
beboyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2018, 12:42 PM   #10
jd371
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beboyle View Post
If you've looked at the Digital Aquatics site or Facebook page lately you'd see that nothing has been happening there for almost two years now, and they site store shows virtually everything as "Out of stock". They're done.

I was looking to upgrade my RKE to an Archon but I don't want to buy from a company that's in the process of throwing in the towel.
It looks that way. On another forum someone mentioned that when they last spoke with a tech there he sounded like they weren't going to be around much longer, plus no updates to myReef 2.0 program in a long time is another sign. I believe the parent company of DA makes aviation instruments.

jd371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2018, 03:52 PM   #11
jamie1981
Registered Member

I'm kinda thinking the same thing. I wish they would just put the company or the DA brand system up for sale if anything and not close shop. I have used them since the RK1 many years ago and now use the elite system. Maybe its just me but I think the DA stuff looks much better than the apex system. Maybe it's just the orange color that I don't like lol

Wish they would just keep selling the current elite system if anything.

Really wish EcoTech would come out with a controller like the reef keeper! That would kick ***!

jamie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2018, 07:57 AM   #12
DesertReefT4r
Registered Member

BRS just got mkre DA stuff back in stock so I dont. Seems stranges that their products are on the market and that DA was working on a new controller then to just up and close shop.

Tank history 29g tropical ,55g cichlid tank, 20H softy reef, 29g mixed reef, 20H brackish goby & puffer tank, 55g mixed reef, 6g Nanocube softy lps reef, 40B sps reef, 75g sps reef, 75g sps reef in bu

Current Tank Info: 75g sps reef build in the works.
DesertReefT4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2018, 08:44 AM   #13
n2585722
Registered Member

I think they are only keeping the RKL and dropping the other controllers due to low sales.

n2585722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2018, 05:33 PM   #14
FlyingFishSKYw
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd371 View Post
It looks that way. On another forum someone mentioned that when they last spoke with a tech there he sounded like they weren't going to be around much longer, plus no updates to myReef 2.0 program in a long time is another sign. I believe the parent company of DA makes aviation instruments.

This is my theory....

Dynon Avionics is the parent company and they’re knee-deep in certifying their newest SkyView HDX system for general aviation airplanes- takes lots of time and money. I suspect they’re diverting every extra penny into the Avionics side of the house. Hopefully when they make a killing in the Avionics they’ll free up some cash for Digital Aquatics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 75 Gal, H2Overflow, LifeReef VS3-24 Skimmer, 2x Hydra 26, 30 gal diy sump, Apex
FlyingFishSKYw is offline   Reply With Quote