Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/25/2016, 11:26 AM   #1
Breadman03
New Old School

What parts to mount 6100.10

I have 2x Tunze 6100.10 and few of the necessary parts. I have 4x6200.50 magnets and an assortment of small screws, but assume that all I have is the pumps and the magnets. What parts will I need to buy to get these things running?

Also, I assume they are Apex compatible with the 7420.27 Turbelle drivers. I have plugged in the pumps and they work, though I would also like to get new impellers.

I also have a pair of 6095's that the little sound dampening pads came off of the magnet holders. Can I purchase just the little pads, or shall I get all new magnet holders?

So, short list of requested info:
  1. Parts to mounts 6100.10's to 6200.50 magnets
  2. Confirmation of Apex compatibility with 7420.27 driver (photo below)
  3. 6095 magnet mounts

Thank for he help!

Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2016, 12:00 PM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

1) You need parts 6080.400 (arm on the pump) and 6200.230, post piece that mounts on the magnet.

2) I believe so, the signal is the same as now, but these pumps are quite old, I think they predate the Apex. They were made from 2002-2008, do keep that in mind before investing too much in them.

3) The rubber dots on the magnets are part 6200.509, you can order any of these parts on Tunze.com, the impeller assembly is 6100.700.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2016, 10:46 AM   #3
Breadman03
New Old School

I tested them out with my Apex and they are successfully controlled with the standard Apex to Stream cable. It looks like I will be rehabbing these pumps!

Unread 04/26/2016, 11:14 AM   #4
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I think I just got your order? We will ship tomorrow.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 04/27/2016, 07:29 AM   #5
Breadman03
New Old School

You sure did. Sadly, I've been planning on doing this since before MACNA last year. Your Care Magnet display is what sold me on getting one.

Unread 04/27/2016, 09:37 AM   #6
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Thank you, you should have your parts by the weekend, they will come priority mail.

Unread 04/30/2016, 10:00 AM   #7
Breadman03
New Old School

The new parts came in, but I am having some difficulty. The new propellers are incredibly loud. They are essentially buzzing whereas the previous good one worked silently in both motor blocks.

Pardon the lack of proper terminology, but I replaced the front bearing and the prop. I don't see an obvious way of removing the rear bearing to put in the new ones and am looking for advice on how to do so without causing damage to the motor block. I suspect the old bearings don't fit the new props well.

Thanks for the help Roger.

Unread 04/30/2016, 05:14 PM   #8
Breadman03
New Old School

I found that with the front bearing removed, I could get my needle nose pliers in and remove the rear bearing and clean out the everything, however it is still making the noise. Here is a little video.

I'm not keeping them running for the time being.

Unread 05/01/2016, 09:54 AM   #9
moondoggy4
Registered Member

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=1071516 This might help

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2016, 08:56 AM   #10
rvitko
RC Sponsor

A photo of the prop installed would have the most value, something is not in the right way. I will send an email with manual in response to your email.

Unread 05/02/2016, 11:48 AM   #11
Breadman03
New Old School

I think I found the issue. There was a small burr on both impellers left over from the molding process. I sanded them down and they are now running pretty quietly. You can see the scuffing left from where I sanded it off in the first image. You see where the reflection along the magnet stops and the curved portion of the impeller is just matte black? That is where I sanded off the burr.

Thanks again! (Oh and I'm going to order another magnet. It seems one of my four isn't a match. Whoops!)

Unread 05/02/2016, 12:00 PM   #12
rvitko
RC Sponsor

I would be surprised if that is the cause as it should not be in contact with anything and they all have that, it is where the plastic is injected to make the part. Only the base and the top of the shoulder should make any contact, but everything looks to be assembled right.