Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/16/2011, 07:57 AM   #1
MatthewJGrabow
Registered Member.

Location: Elgin, Illinois, USA, Earth, A.K.A. (according to Jimi Hendrix) the third stone from the sun. Located in the Milkyway galaxy....
Trade for 10+ large Piranhas?

I believe that I am not in violation of the RC rules by posting this message (before 50 posts). If I am, dear moderator, I sincerely apologize and it will not happen again.

In other words, I am under the impression that I am allowed to trade but not sell.

I am looking to trade 10+ very healthy large piranhas for anything saltwater that would be benificial in some way to my marine tank.

If you have something and are interested, let me know what you have to offer - and any questions that you may have - and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I am mostly interested in live stock.

Thank you.

MatthewJGrabow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/16/2011, 08:18 AM   #2
Cubbies
Registered Member

Looks like you are at 50 posts and well over 90 days. Once you hit that 50/90 you are allowed to sell or trade. If they're "meaningful" I don't know. Well either way GL.

Cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2011, 12:15 AM   #3
MatthewJGrabow
Registered Member.

Location: Elgin, Illinois, USA, Earth, A.K.A. (according to Jimi Hendrix) the third stone from the sun. Located in the Milkyway galaxy....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbies View Post
Looks like you are at 50 posts and well over 90 days. Once you hit that 50/90 you are allowed to sell or trade. If they're "meaningful" I don't know. Well either way GL.
Cubbies,

Thanks for the update. And darn cute pups! My chosen avitar for the moment is the only one that I could get down to a low enough data amount so that RC would accept it.

Now I am concerned that people may think that I choose that one to demonstrate how "mean, crazy, and scary" I can be. Not at all. My favorite photo is of a very cute baby monkey looking baffled. The evil apple is just a photo I collected to be part of my screen saver. Your cute puppies blow it away.

I have four cats btw, and my GF has eight. She is moving because her landlord knows how many she has and told her to get rid of five of them. She chose to move instead.

The last two kittens I acquired were taken off of the street during the winter.

There are few blessing in this life as great as a loving pet. I hear that children beat out pets, but I wouldn't personally know this to be true.

I also keep Lovebirds and White Doves. And in reference to the Doves, I have a recently hatched brother and sister that I need to find a home for, in case you know of anyone. They will be free, but the person wanting them would need to get their own cage and convince me that the animals will be taken care of properly.

They are very "dusty" birds (I keep a couple of air purifiers nearby), but, to me, the koo of the male and certain other sounds that they make are so beautiful and peaceful sounding. I can't imagine ever not having them.

Last edited by MatthewJGrabow; 07/17/2011 at 12:22 AM.
Unread 07/17/2011, 02:20 PM   #4
MBasile
Registered Member

how large of a tank do all those piranhas need?

Unread 07/17/2011, 02:47 PM   #5
TheReefNinja
Imagination superfreak

The bigger the better I had 3 in a 20L before lived many years till I gave em to my friend who had a 100g setup for them

Current tank: 45g acrylic cube, Sunpod 150w 14k bulb
Current Fish: Hey I gots some fish..
TheReefNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2011, 05:37 PM   #6
MatthewJGrabow
Registered Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBasile View Post
how large of a tank do all those piranhas need?
There are actually twelve of them and they came out of a 125. But that doesn't mean that that was all the room they needed.

As the Reef Ninja says (if that is his real name), "The bigger the better."

Unread 07/17/2011, 09:07 PM   #7
Cubbies
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewJGrabow View Post
Cubbies,

Thanks for the update. And darn cute pups! My chosen avitar for the moment is the only one that I could get down to a low enough data amount so that RC would accept it.

Now I am concerned that people may think that I choose that one to demonstrate how "mean, crazy, and scary" I can be. Not at all. My favorite photo is of a very cute baby monkey looking baffled. The evil apple is just a photo I collected to be part of my screen saver. Your cute puppies blow it away.

I have four cats btw, and my GF has eight. She is moving because her landlord knows how many she has and told her to get rid of five of them. She chose to move instead.

The last two kittens I acquired were taken off of the street during the winter.

There are few blessing in this life as great as a loving pet. I hear that children beat out pets, but I wouldn't personally know this to be true.

I also keep Lovebirds and White Doves. And in reference to the Doves, I have a recently hatched brother and sister that I need to find a home for, in case you know of anyone. They will be free, but the person wanting them would need to get their own cage and convince me that the animals will be taken care of properly.

They are very "dusty" birds (I keep a couple of air purifiers nearby), but, to me, the koo of the male and certain other sounds that they make are so beautiful and peaceful sounding. I can't imagine ever not having them.
No problem and your avatar is pretty awesome IMO. I am super allergic to cats so I won't mess with them but they're cute lil things(specially the big ones ) I'll let you know if I know of anyone. Thank you for the comment on my pups and I totally agree with you that pets are a blessing. I wouldn't know if children beat em out either. They are my kids and treat them as such( I think). We are all crazy at times but hey who cares

Cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trade