Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/21/2015, 11:29 AM   #1
xxprelude
Registered Member

Apex ATO programming help please

I was wondering if Apex allows a program line to keep the ATO float switch on for 15 seconds or more when it is triggered. The current programming I have now is it will turn on when float switch is closed however I notice that it stays on for 4 seconds and turns off and then does the exact same thing about 30-45 minutes later. I do not want to where out the TRIAC on the EB8 and have connected the ATO pump to #8 of the outlet. in the Apex Reference Manual I did come across the coding "Min Time" but I believe that is to keep it off for a stated amount of time rather than on. Thanks in advance!

xxprelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2015, 11:38 AM   #2
ska d
Registered Member

I'm not entirely sure about the code itself, but ya it can be done with either the min or defer statement. If no one else chimes in. Go on over to the Neptune forum, you'll get an answer super fast.

ska d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2015, 11:45 AM   #3
harryjsinger
Moved On

Lol its easy, Let me see if I can dig up my old programming.

I have had a great experience with my Apex Jr on the Nanocube. It saved my tank once or twice, along with my floor and equipment!

Time 1: Overflow failure caused by a stupid reefer (me) accidentally putting a media bag onto the overflow downpipes. The sump pump continued, and obviously the display was beginning to flood. Three things happened due to my automated programs

I left the house, going out. This is a summary of what my Apex noticed, notified me of, and took immediate action. I think the media bag shifted to completely cover the downpipe.

Apex detected these three things in quick concession, within 20 seconds of eachother.

Display EMERGENCY Switch ON
Sump Empty Switch ON
Floor Leak Switch ON (Two wire leads taped to floor; water conducts!)

These commands saved my pump, electronics, floor, and possibly all my livestock!

If Sump Empty Switch ON then Sump Pump EB1.1 OFF
If Sump Empty Switch ON then NOTIFY ON

If Display Emergency Switch ON then Sump Pump EB1.1 OFF
If Display Emergency Switch ON then NOTIFY ON

If Floor Leak Switch Switch ON then Sump Pump EB1.1 OFF
If Floor Leak Switch Switch ON then NOTIFY ON

If Display Emergency or SumpEmpty ON and Leak Switch ON, then program Survival on.

Program "Survival" consists of shutting down all not-immediatly necessary devices off, shutting power via the Energy Bars. The only thing that stays on is the Mp10, which is powered by the Ecotech Battery (Located on a shelf in the other room).

I was inspired to make this program after reading another reefers program, and changed it to fit my needs.

I obviously can't be sure, but believe that if I did not have this program I would have severe damage to my Bamboo Flooring, most electronics, and I would have not been aware until hours later.

With this, I was notified and able to immediatly check on the status of everything, understand the urgency (Or lack thereof, in this case) of the issue, and later that night I just pulled off the media bag and ended the Survival Program.

harryjsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2015, 11:46 AM   #4
harryjsinger
Moved On

ATO:

11:00 PM Power OFF ATO
11:01 PM Power ON Aqualifter OUT Pump
If Switch "LOW" ON, then Aqualifter OUT OFF
11:15 PM Power OFF Aqualifter OUT Pump
11:16 PM Power ON Aqualifter In Pump
If switch "Full" is ON, then Aqualifter OFF
11:40 Power OFF Aqualifter In Pump
11:41 Power ON ATO if Switch 2 ON

harryjsinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2015, 12:20 PM   #5
xxprelude
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply guys! I'll be sure to head over to Neptune forum as well.

harryjsinger- Thanks for sharing your incident and programming on your apex. Definitely something I need to think about and maybe borrow a few of your coding lines for redundancy purposes.

Unread 04/21/2015, 12:25 PM   #6
xxprelude
Registered Member

harryjsinger- I notice the commands you had used on your first posting consisted of "On" rather than "Open" or "Closed", are you using a special type of float switch? So you also have a Leak Detection module for the third program coding? Sorry for the newbie questions.

Unread 04/22/2015, 11:58 AM   #7
Sn8kbyt
Registered Member

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sw1 OPEN Then ON
If Sw1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Sw2 OPEN Then OFF
Defer 030:00 Then ON

That is the program I use for My ATO. When the switch 1 opens and calls for water I put a 30 min defer on it before the pump runs and that keeps it from constantly running every few minutes as well as any wave surge in the sump triggering the switch.

SW2 is my High level safety.

Current Tank Info: 220 Gallon, 29 Gallon, 2-20L QT, and a 20 gallon tall octogon tank waiting to be setup for a seahorse tank.
Sn8kbyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2015, 01:27 PM   #8
xxprelude
Registered Member

Thanks Sn8kbyt! I have similar programing code as yours with the 2nd switch added as safety precaution in case first switch ever fails. I've tested the "Defer" syntax in my program however I decided to settle with "Min Time" instead.