Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/19/2016, 12:58 PM   #3376
tbone28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
Follow that video above and make sure everything is correct on your box. I thought there were other settings as well
Still flickers

tbone28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2016, 05:59 PM   #3377
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Still flickers
There were some other steps involved but I can't recall them all. I know when mine had the issue ATI wanted me to return the controller because they thought it was an issue with a part in there.

ATI NA was pretty good to deal with. No idea if that's still the case though

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2016, 06:36 PM   #3378
tbone28
Registered Member

I emailed ATI NA as well for the secret code. They linked me to the same youtube video. Regarding the controller, mine is new. Before the LED flicker and T5 bulb issue, my controller went out, and I had to buy a new one.

Unread 09/20/2016, 11:25 AM   #3379
tbone28
Registered Member

Good news on the T5 bulbs. Turned out to be a bad bulb, which is weird because the bulb is new. At least it was an easy fix.

Unread 09/21/2016, 02:42 PM   #3380
vikz
Registered Member

could someone help, My unit runs fine but I have 2 small but annoying issues.

Firstly when I run my 'daylight' program, I always have a green tint/hue in the water coming from the LED's. Its very obvious as I have black back and sides. It just looks a little ugly and not as 'sharp or clear' like other LED setups, one thing I really dislike as when my t5's turn off the look is amazing and sharp. My daylight settings are r-25 rb-255 b-255 w-165 (tubes are 1:1 coral plus and blue plus)

Also for moonlight I have a very clear white/tint hue coming from the led. Settings are r-0 rb-255 b-0 w-0

I do have a net on my tank, originally I thought it was the net causing the colours, but even when removed there is no change.

Could somebody please let me know if this is normal and anyways to counter it

vikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2016, 03:46 AM   #3381
salali
Registered Member

Like this club and thanks guys for sharing photos and videos.

I had ATI that I bout from reefgeek six years ago, but now I couldn't find online store that does sell them. Could any one help where can I buy ATI 10 80w with LED?

salali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2016, 06:10 AM   #3382
Chris Abbott
Registered Member

After reading through a few pages I have to ask would you guys buy this fixture again? I understand having to work through the issues once you have dropped this much on a lamp, but I am skeptical on joining in on the fun!

Unread 09/22/2016, 07:03 AM   #3383
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salali View Post
Like this club and thanks guys for sharing photos and videos.

I had ATI that I bout from reefgeek six years ago, but now I couldn't find online store that does sell them. Could any one help where can I buy ATI 10 80w with LED?
There isn't a 10 bulb LED Powermodule. 8 bulbs is the most

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
Unread 09/22/2016, 07:04 AM   #3384
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Abbott View Post
After reading through a few pages I have to ask would you guys buy this fixture again? I understand having to work through the issues once you have dropped this much on a lamp, but I am skeptical on joining in on the fun!
Not if I had a way to do my own T5/LED hybrid and make it look good. Which is what I'm doing on my new 50g cube I'm slowly piecing together

Unread 09/25/2016, 01:10 PM   #3385
gandolf8
Registered Member

I have a 180 gal what Ati Hybird do I need 4 bulb or 8
Also can I use the 60" or buy 2 36" thx

gandolf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/25/2016, 02:58 PM   #3386
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandolf8 View Post
I have a 180 gal what Ati Hybird do I need 4 bulb or 8
Also can I use the 60" or buy 2 36" thx
What are the dimensions?

Unread 09/25/2016, 03:02 PM   #3387
gandolf8
Registered Member

72 long 24w 24d

Unread 09/25/2016, 03:11 PM   #3388
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
72 long 24w 24d
The 60" is plenty. I think you can get away with the 4 bulb version personally but the 8 bulb offers a much larger area you can cover. If you are going full blown SPS with clams on the sand bed, 8 bulb will work nicely. If you want some low light area for LPS, go with 4

Unread 09/25/2016, 03:47 PM   #3389
gandolf8
Registered Member

Say do you know how wide the 8 bulb is?

Unread 09/25/2016, 08:44 PM   #3390
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Say do you know how wide the 8 bulb is?
I believe 21". A quick Google search could confirm that

Unread 09/29/2016, 06:44 AM   #3391
hbrochs
Registered Member

I've had my ATI hybrid for about two years, and the t5s started flickering. Troubleshooting with customer support had me change bulb positions multiple time to try and rule out a bad tube. Then I bought four new bulbs and the same problem, so I'm buying two new ballasts that I'll try and install myself. They are sending me a link for an instructional video. Hopefully this will fix the problem.

Current Tank Info: Innovative Marine SR-80
hbrochs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/29/2016, 02:36 PM   #3392
Ilan84
Registered Member

Do you dim your new t5 bulbs when they are new?
You need to wait like 60hours before dimming.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Ilan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/01/2016, 09:45 PM   #3393
BruceWayne
Registered Member

I need this light in my life!!!

BruceWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/02/2016, 11:58 AM   #3394
vikz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne View Post
I need this light in my life!!!
mine is spare currently

4x39w and 2x75w led

Im in the UK, any good to you?

vikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2016, 12:01 PM   #3395
hbrochs
Registered Member

Ballast failure and replacement

I've had the 48" ATI powermodule hybrid for about two years now. Last week the t5 bulbs were off but flickering. I spent awhile on the phone with Kieth at ATI troubleshooting, switching bulb positions and trying in new bulbs. In the end he thought that both of my t5 ballasts were bad. He said that I could buy two new ones and he'd send me the uTube link to guide me through the install. Well the uTube was on a slightly different fixture, and there were some significant differences. I have to say that this was Extremely difficult for me, and I'm not like a D2Mini, but I have some skills. The tolerences for the parts and wires was very tight and there are many wires. Keith tried to help as best he could but he's not a repair troubleshooter and Sam was out. In the end I got it all together and two of the t5s were working as well as the LEDs. This actually made me Very happy, because I really thought that at the end I would have a completely dead fixture and a tankful of corals in the dark.

So I'm going to mail off my fixture to ATI and have them fix it. The problem is that with shipping both ways and time for the repair it very well might be three weeks. I have to probably buy a used t5 fixture? for the interim before I send this one off. I read in this thread where someone did the ballast swap themselves, and I bow deeply to your bravery and skill!!

Just a warning to anyone who has this issue that swapping out ballasts is not for the feint of heart.

Howard

PS if anyone has a fixture they want to rent me for a month, I'm all ears!!

Unread 10/04/2016, 01:05 PM   #3396
Scorpius
Stick Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrochs View Post
I've had the 48" ATI powermodule hybrid for about two years now. Last week the t5 bulbs were off but flickering. I spent awhile on the phone with Kieth at ATI troubleshooting, switching bulb positions and trying in new bulbs. In the end he thought that both of my t5 ballasts were bad. He said that I could buy two new ones and he'd send me the uTube link to guide me through the install. Well the uTube was on a slightly different fixture, and there were some significant differences. I have to say that this was Extremely difficult for me, and I'm not like a D2Mini, but I have some skills. The tolerences for the parts and wires was very tight and there are many wires. Keith tried to help as best he could but he's not a repair troubleshooter and Sam was out. In the end I got it all together and two of the t5s were working as well as the LEDs. This actually made me Very happy, because I really thought that at the end I would have a completely dead fixture and a tankful of corals in the dark.

So I'm going to mail off my fixture to ATI and have them fix it. The problem is that with shipping both ways and time for the repair it very well might be three weeks. I have to probably buy a used t5 fixture? for the interim before I send this one off. I read in this thread where someone did the ballast swap themselves, and I bow deeply to your bravery and skill!!

Just a warning to anyone who has this issue that swapping out ballasts is not for the feint of heart.

Howard

PS if anyone has a fixture they want to rent me for a month, I'm all ears!!
Usually with wiring of this magnitude I write down where every color wire goes on a piece of paper. white to black red to green etc.

Or you could take photos with a camera as you take it apart and then follow your photos in reverse to put it back together.

Unread 10/04/2016, 01:28 PM   #3397
hbrochs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Usually with wiring of this magnitude I write down where every color wire goes on a piece of paper. white to black red to green etc.

Or you could take photos with a camera as you take it apart and then follow your photos in reverse to put it back together.

I did tag the wires with labeled bits of masking tape. It's just hard to describe the jumbled birds nest of wires that has to fit in a space that's too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 10/04/2016, 01:34 PM   #3398
africangrey
Registered Member

holy moly, how much does it cost to ship this puppy back and forth, Is it still under warranty?

africangrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2016, 10:40 AM   #3399
westreef
Lost as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrochs View Post
I did tag the wires with labeled bits of masking tape. It's just hard to describe the jumbled birds nest of wires that has to fit in a space that's too small.

I was so lucky that it took me 3 hours to change one bad ballast. I was so extremely happy when I turned the power on and it worked. Saved me so much hassle if I had to return the whole fixture for repair. My fixture was about 13 months old and I got a discount for the replacement ballast. Anyway hbrochs, you have my sympathy.

By the way, when the fixture works, it is a fantastic light. No doubt about it.

75g, ATI 4x58wT5 LED Hybrid Powermodule, AquaMaxx ConeS 1, 2xMP40wES, RKL controller, Tunze Osmolator
westreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2016, 11:50 AM   #3400
hbrochs
Registered Member

The warranty is for one year, and it's about two years old. I'm not happy it's broken but Keith and Sam at ATI are helping me sort it out. They found me a 3 Foot Sunpower fixture at discounted price I'm gonna buy so my tank is not dark for a few weeks. I guess I can make a frag tank with it later or sell it. Westreef, I bow to your electrical skills!!