Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/22/2006, 11:48 AM   #1
KING OF THE REEF
Registered Member

ok am in need of some help ASAP

ok, my pair of kudas are not happy in their 15 gallon tank and neither am i as it is going through an unexpected algea bloom. and my filter stoped working so i had to improvise by setting up another one. i am wondering because am setting them up in 46 bow after i get rid of my fish, could i just get rid of my agressive clwns and their anemone and then transfer my kudas into the tank? the other temporary tank mates will be a watchman goby, blue eyed tang and 3 green chromis, but i will hand feed my seahorses (they love being hand fed at least mine do). if this will work i will then move them over. the flow is light, and corals include a few small zoo frags, and a large toadstool leather and some fake acroporas for hitching posts. thanks

Current Tank Info: NOT BIG ENOUGH
KING OF THE REEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2006, 12:26 PM   #2
DebsSisterFlo
Registered Member

I'm not sure, but wouldn't the tang and chromis cause stress to the horses since the fish are pretty active? Sorry to hear about your 15g... hope your horses are happy again soon!

Current Tank Info: 38g seahorse/reef/community tank & 72g FW.
DebsSisterFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2006, 02:30 PM   #3
KING OF THE REEF
Registered Member

ok i added them to the tank and they imediately turned to a redish color. the tang went over and pecked once at my male, and then let him go, and now they are just exploring the tank. the tang, and the crhomis are being moved this week and the only inhabitabnts i plan to have are my mandarine and rainfords goby with another kuda pair, or different sp, and a pair of pipes

Current Tank Info: NOT BIG ENOUGH
KING OF THE REEF is offline   Reply With Quote