Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/08/2018, 05:54 PM   #1
pisces 12
Registered Member

Out of ideas

I recently purchased the tunze ATO 3155 and a PM 650 kallwasser reactor, heres the set up ATO pump in a RODI reservoir vat pumping 31in up ,then down to the reactor , discharge line up about 8in to my 60gal vat sump ,now heres the problem i have two (2) check valves on the feed line and the kallwasser reactor stills backs up into the RODI reservoir, tryed one of those white in line check valves but the rep from Tunze said that i need an simple air valve check valve so i took of the white check valve off and installed two air line valves and guess what the reactor still backed up , im at a loss anyone have any suggestions or maybe I'm missing something HELP

pisces 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/08/2018, 08:42 PM   #2
manateemark
Registered Member

Can you include some pictures? I’m having a hard time visualizing the issue?

manateemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2018, 07:24 PM   #3
LQT
Registered Member

Looks like a siphon issue as the PM kalk reactor is pressurized. Is the top of the Kalk reactor higher than the water level of your ATO reservoir? My guess is the the kalk is jamming up your check valves. A good cure would be to replace the Tunze ATO pump with a peristaltic pump to avoid any siphon issues. You can also run the Kalk reactor ondependent of the Tunze ATO with a stand alone peristaltic pump controlled by a timer or controller like an Apex.

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2018, 07:49 PM   #4
pisces 12
Registered Member

Out of ideas

Thanks for confirming what i was thinking, took the reactor off line washed out rodi vat and ordered a dosing pump for dosing kallwasser from the PM620 reactor , for that kind of money it cost you think they would tell you things like it has to be higher then your top off reservoir, mine is a 30gal white vat ,my sump is a 90gal white rectangular vat DT is upstairs in the LR , in this hobby you have to be carpenter, plumber electrician chemical engineer and now a physicist

pisces 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2018, 09:04 AM   #5
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

Keeps us on our toes!