Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/02/2017, 06:30 AM   #3576
slammin
Registered Member

I'm having issues connecting my light to the ati studio software. I've tried 2 different laptops. the usb button on the top right turns blue, but the lamp button stays gray.

both laptops are windows 10. I installed 1.330 version of the software. my light I believe is the older version with the 20leds.

any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

slammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2017, 09:05 AM   #3577
Reefer525XL
Registered Member

So I have a question for the more experience users. This morning one of my LED Clusters is not turning on. I check the programing and it supposed to be turning on but its not. I tried the color demo to see if it would turn on but it doesn't. Also the fan right over that cluster is spinning out of control, I can hear it from 20 feet away. Any ideas on how to turn the fan off till I can get a hold of ATI on Monday? I went ahead and turned off the other 2 LED clusters just to see if the fan would turn off but it stays on.

Unread 04/16/2017, 04:34 AM   #3578
Jay Ellul
Registered Member

I currently run 4 KZ newgen 3 super our and 1 purple in my hybrid. I really like the colour.

I can't buy KZ tubes easily anymore and will probably change to ati. What would be an equivalent combo in ati tubes????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 04/16/2017, 04:09 PM   #3579
theshaman
Registered Member

hi. Can somebody using a 36 inch 4bulb led/t5 powermodule share your light schedule with me? I am currently running the default schedule and would like to see what others are set to.

Thank reefcentral!

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/17/2017, 02:12 AM   #3580
Jay Ellul
Registered Member

Guys

How would this look

Back
B+
C+
B+
ABS
LED
actinic
C+
B+
C+
Front

Unread 04/21/2017, 10:14 PM   #3581
MmmmBalf
Registered Member

One of my LED modules has started to flash on & off (on for 4 seconds, then off for a second). Extremely annoying! Unit is about 2.5 years old (4' - 8 x T5, 3 x LED).

Any suggestions? Thanks
Michael

MmmmBalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/21/2017, 10:33 PM   #3582
tbone28
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Not dead, but 3 of my 4 clusters flicker, and ATI North America has no idea how to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmmBalf View Post
One of my LED modules has started to flash on & off (on for 4 seconds, then off for a second). Extremely annoying! Unit is about 2.5 years old (4' - 8 x T5, 3 x LED).

Any suggestions? Thanks
Michael
See my post above from last year. Not even ATI had suggestions

tbone28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/22/2017, 03:03 PM   #3583
vikz
Registered Member

so with the original hybrid units, ATI recommended the following settings:

red 20% max
blue 80-100%
royal blue 80-100%
white 40-50%

so based on this, has anybody got the new hybrid unit? the reds have been replaced by 410 and 420nm Purple leds?

What levels would you guys suggest for this? I thought maybe
Purple 80-100%
blue 80-100%
royal blue 80-100%
white 40-50%

What are your guys thoughts?

vikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2017, 07:24 PM   #3584
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

hi guy i just bought the powermodule fixture but didnt know that they don't have software for Mac book . how can i connect to the controller ? thanks in advance

Nam Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2017, 09:28 PM   #3585
herbklee
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Nguyen View Post
hi guy i just bought the powermodule fixture but didnt know that they don't have software for Mac book . how can i connect to the controller ? thanks in advance

Parallels with windows

herbklee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2017, 10:38 PM   #3586
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

ok thanks i mind have to look into that .
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbklee View Post
Parallels with windows

Unread 04/26/2017, 10:04 AM   #3587
Ssteve
Registered Member

I'm currently running a basic six bulb t5 fixture and have the opportunity to pick up a v1 ati pm that's 4x54w and 3x75w led for about $500. I'm wondering what I would be gaining/giving up trading two bulbs for three led clusters, what's the difference between the v1 and v2 and is $500 a decent deal?

Ssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2017, 06:25 PM   #3588
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

hi everyone again I didn't know what I did wrong here . got the new fixture and do all the schedule and save up to the light even chanced the time clock . evey time I unplug the controller the time didn't save on it . so I wrong here ? what happen when the power cut off and get back on but the light not on because time get back to 00.02.20 ( what is it show on the screen of the controller ) thanks a lot everyone for help

Unread 04/30/2017, 10:00 PM   #3589
mike810
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Nguyen View Post
hi everyone again I didn't know what I did wrong here . got the new fixture and do all the schedule and save up to the light even chanced the time clock . evey time I unplug the controller the time didn't save on it . so I wrong here ? what happen when the power cut off and get back on but the light not on because time get back to 00.02.20 ( what is it show on the screen of the controller ) thanks a lot everyone for help
This is a known issue. When power is cut, the clock resets. Your lighting schedule is still saved but not the clock. Seems like this should have been addressed before the fixture was even released. A simply battery to keep the time.

mike810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 07:10 AM   #3590
Nam Nguyen
Registered Member

So what is next step I'm going to do now? I hope something easy fix

Unread 05/01/2017, 07:14 AM   #3591
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

I finally saw the powermodule in person, and must say am very much sold on the light itself, as it is a beast. I'm running a sunpower now and love t5's, can care less about changing bulbs. I definitely miss the blue leds to supplement, but hate reefbrite+sunpower retrofits.

My main issue however are issues with these fixtures. The guy I saw this unit from has has problems with the leds flickering and I see tons of issues with the leds not working here and in other forums.

I also noticed lots of concerned owners with their problems not addressed by ATI or anyone who really knows how to troubleshoot problems other than fans or maybe balasts here. Am I wrong?
On the other big forum ATI seems better with support, but I wonder If I'm insisting on going after a fixture with too many signs of a bad idea long-term?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 60" but am constantly having second thoughts.

Unread 05/01/2017, 07:53 AM   #3592
LQT
Registered Member

If you're worried about reliability, keep your Sunpower (preferably non dimmable for reliability's sake) and send it to Dave of Nanobox. Have him retrofit it with his LED arrays which are Bluefish controlled and then have him anodize the Sunpower in any color you want. This is a 6x80 watt unit that he converted over to an 8 array 4x80 watt fixture.

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 08:42 AM   #3593
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefCowboy View Post
I finally saw the powermodule in person, and must say am very much sold on the light itself, as it is a beast. I'm running a sunpower now and love t5's, can care less about changing bulbs. I definitely miss the blue leds to supplement, but hate reefbrite+sunpower retrofits.

My main issue however are issues with these fixtures. The guy I saw this unit from has has problems with the leds flickering and I see tons of issues with the leds not working here and in other forums.

I also noticed lots of concerned owners with their problems not addressed by ATI or anyone who really knows how to troubleshoot problems other than fans or maybe balasts here. Am I wrong?
On the other big forum ATI seems better with support, but I wonder If I'm insisting on going after a fixture with too many signs of a bad idea long-term?

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 60" but am constantly having second thoughts.
At the price they demand, I wouldn't touch one right now. The issues shouldn't even be there IMO. There will always be lemons here and there but we see too many reports of the same issues and the same outcome. Failed ballasts, flickering LEDs, fans not working properly. Then no support to fix them.

The unit I used to have had flickering LEDs from day one. ATI didn't have any idea how to fix it or what it was. I stumbled across the fix and it fixed about a dozen others that contacted me. Sadly, I don't remember the fix in its entirety and I'm not sure it would work on the newer units. I was told the part responsible for the flickering LEDs had been replaced and fixed. That doesn't look to be true

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 11:05 AM   #3594
hubble
Registered Member

Thats a nice looking fixture

hubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 02:35 PM   #3595
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubble View Post
Thats a nice looking fixture
Man...I love everything about it. It's gotta work long term though. That's my concern. Everyone I come across who owns one long term has had at some point problems.
Having your light go down and not have backup is crazy. I feel I would need to have a regular sunpower on stand by, but that's kind of ridiculous if you are shelling out close to $2500 for it.

Unread 05/01/2017, 02:36 PM   #3596
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQT View Post
If you're worried about reliability, keep your Sunpower (preferably non dimmable for reliability's sake) and send it to Dave of Nanobox. Have him retrofit it with his LED arrays which are Bluefish controlled and then have him anodize the Sunpower in any color you want. This is a 6x80 watt unit that he converted over to an 8 array 4x80 watt fixture.

Nice light indeed. It is an option

Unread 05/01/2017, 03:51 PM   #3597
rtparty
Raise The Reef!

Quote:
I'd go this route and maybe see if an extra fan can't be added? Heck, if he could the openings larger and make it fit a couple 120mm fans, it would move more air and have way less noise!

Click on my user name and check out my homepage!

Current Tank Info: 50g Cadlights/Giesemann Spectra (250w Radium, 2 ATI Blue Plus, 2 ATI Actinic)/2 x Vortech MP10wQD/Skimz SN123/Eheim Compact 3000+
rtparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 04:36 PM   #3598
LQT
Registered Member

Quote:
Dave does some incredible work for a small independent operation. That specific light was made for the member "markalot" over on Nano - Reef for his 150 gallon all SPS tank. If I were you, for your SCA 150, I'd go with a retrofitted 8 bulb Sunpower fixture so that you can have 2 T5 bulbs, a row of arrays, 2 T5 bulbs, a row of arrays, and then 2 more T5 bulbs. That'd be my dream setup!

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 06:01 PM   #3599
hubble
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQT View Post
Dave does some incredible work for a small independent operation. That specific light was made for the member "markalot" over on Nano - Reef for his 150 gallon all SPS tank. If I were you, for your SCA 150, I'd go with a retrofitted 8 bulb Sunpower fixture so that you can have 2 T5 bulbs, a row of arrays, 2 T5 bulbs, a row of arrays, and then 2 more T5 bulbs. That'd be my dream setup!
OMG..........I'm getting idea's

hubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2017, 07:58 PM   #3600
ReefCowboy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtparty View Post
I'd go this route and maybe see if an extra fan can't be added? Heck, if he could the openings larger and make it fit a couple 120mm fans, it would move more air and have way less noise!
Excellent point