Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/11/2018, 05:27 PM   #1
Mryin
Registered Member

180g need lightning advice

Hello RC! I am getting my stuff together for my 180 Oceanic Bowfront and I need LIGHTS!! On my 75 I have dual Current Marine leds on the LOOP system and absolutely LOVE the features and control. I’d like to have that on the Bowfront but I wanna get into SPS.

Budget is around $1200-1300 I guess. Just throwing a number out there.

I’m thinking Aquatic Life 60 only because I like the led placement in the middle of the fixture. But I really want the ATI Sunpower because of the things I’ve read on RC but I don’t like the placement on an LED on the outside of the fixture.

Ok so the tank is 72 long 30 deep and 24 at the widest part of the bow and 18 on the sides (shortest part of the bow). I’m not really heart set on anything really. But I think I am leaning towards T5 hybrid.

So what’s your thoughts. If you had my budget and my tank footprint and planning on SPS dominant what would you do?

Unread 05/12/2018, 09:42 AM   #2
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Check out the AI HD threads and see what they are doing. You could watch some BRS lighting, they have a few videos on that as well. Look into as many AI Hydra 26 HD you can afford.

Or a AI 6 x 80 watt with a XHO all blue Led Reefbrite. Gold standard.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/14/2018, 10:47 AM   #3
Mryin
Registered Member

Thanks for the tip!

I might be leaning towards the Ati powermodule. It’s a little out of budget but an option. Anyone suggest WiFi or not version of the powermodule. Is the WiFi really worth the extra money

Unread 05/14/2018, 11:52 PM   #4
moondoggy4
Registered Member

The ATI with built in Leds is a very expensive light you would be better off with a straight T-5 light, just get the ATI 6 x 80

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/15/2018, 05:05 AM   #5
Mryin
Registered Member

I like the idea of supplmentation and the 24 hr programmable sunrise sunset and moon light. What is your opinion on maybe 2x 4x80 Sunpowers with a current loop inbetween the 2 for the fancy led 24hr customization.