Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/28/2016, 01:32 PM   #1
Amiaki
Registered Member

Planing 150 g tank.

I'm planing on upgrading my tank to a from 45 bow front with 20g sump to a 150 with 40 sump. currently I'm working on plumbing wonder if someone can take a look and let me know what changes I will need to make. I moving to a rental home/townhouse so I wan't plumbing to be as fail safe as possible.

BV - Ball Valve
GV - Gate Valve
CV - Check Vale

Return pump will also feed bio-palete and GFO/Carbon that's why is got split to the right and 2 outputs with Gate valves on it.

Amiaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2016, 10:17 AM   #2
Amiaki
Registered Member

Anybody?

Amiaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2016, 09:19 AM   #3
dmarkham
Registered Member

If it is a dual return I do not see the point in the gate valve or the split with the split for the one return line going to the 16" chamber. Drawing does not really tell much so I am assuming the first chamber of 10" long is housing a skimmer? If so then 15" deep is too deep for most skimmers. The 16" long chamber is a fuge or live rock? if so the height would need to be adjusted to be a little lower then the 8 to 10 inches need in the fist chamber. The 8" long chamber is the return by the looks of it. water level would need to be adjusted there also. I have a sump that is almost the same size on my 150. The deepest chamber I have is 10" that houses the skimmer. When the power goes off and I tested the back flow it was not that far from filling the sump up. I think you might have a over flow issue with the depths of those chambers.

dmarkham is offline   Reply With Quote