Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/13/2018, 01:52 PM   #1
Tall
Registered Member

SCA 90gl Cube Seam Issue

Hi all,

I've been doing reef tanks for about two years. I'm currently upgrading to a 90gl cube I purchased from SCA (I read great things from my research)

I ordered the tank back in February, and inspected everything and put it on the stand, covered it in a blanket until I got the living room painted.

Now that it's in the living room I noticed one of my silicone seems is larger then all the others. As in the glass is further away from the other piece of glass it's supposed to butt up against.

I'm not worried about the looks of the seam, just as long as it's structurally sound.

I contacted Steve at SCA, he said they were fine, and I have nothing to worry about. I just want an outside opinion on it.

I attached some pictures of a the seam in question, and another seam to compare it too.

good seam.jpg
Good Seam

bad seam.jpg
Bad Seam

Thanks for your help!

Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/14/2018, 01:50 AM   #2
homer1475
Registered Member

I honestly can't see the difference. On my 80G cube from SCA I have the back 2 corner seams are slightly thicker then the front 2. Neither one has me worried.

Besides a 1/16" of silicone isn't going to make or break the tanks seam.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote