Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/28/2017, 12:22 PM   #1
guts11
Registered Member

Exclamation Additional Holes near Anemone Mouth

I noticed today that my anemone has several holes it appears to be forming (inside?) its mouth. These holes appear to be not fully formed but more like a closed horseshoe shape.

Any thoughts or ideas as to what is going on would be greatly appreciated!

Note: This was sold as a Sebae anemone, I believe it is a H. Crispa but I may be wrong.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4946.jpg (76.1 KB, 60 views)
guts11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2017, 02:14 PM   #2
Jamie1210
Registered Member

First off, it's actually a bta, an d it's pretty bleached. Next, the holes you mention (assuming we're looking at the same thing) are normal. However, the mouth shouldn't be open like that for you to see it tbegin with. How long have you had it for? If jus t a few days I wouldn't worry, it's likely just acclimating to a new environment and mouth will close soon.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Jamie1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2017, 03:17 PM   #3
guts11
Registered Member

I have had it for two weeks now. Unfortunately had to leave the tank on a vacation feeder for a week due to Thanksgiving. Color has not changed much since I got it. Has not taken any foods but does spend most of its day out and not hidden. How exactly did you identify it as a BTA? Also any tips on saving it? From what I have seen online it could get more bleached so I do believe that I can bring it back with enough attention and care.

The mouth closed shortly after I took this photo but what I am focusing on is the smaller holes inside the mouth area.

guts11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/02/2017, 03:17 PM   #4
FNGsaltwater
Registered Member

Those are siphonoglyphs. Normal anatomy. Just that they should be inside, tucked.

FNGsaltwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, anemone help