Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Premium Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/02/2012, 12:30 PM   #1276
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Are you 100% sure you're only injecting 50mg/hr?

Jeremy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2012, 01:09 PM   #1277
Baxtor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
Are you 100% sure you're only injecting 50mg/hr?
Yes I'm using the TMC v2 ozone generator with 2 lights active that should be 50mg/hr
It's strange because the silicone airline from the ozone unit to the skimmer is fine just the stiff red hose in picture is degrading.

I have now just cut out the connection to the red hose and gone straight to the pump with silicone tubing.

Baxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/02/2012, 01:13 PM   #1278
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Perfect, that's exactly what I was going to suggest doing, that should take care of it for you.

Unread 08/02/2012, 01:26 PM   #1279
Baxtor
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy B. View Post
Perfect, that's exactly what I was going to suggest doing, that should take care of it for you.
Cool, I hate to keep asking these questions, but I had real trouble getting a standard 6mm airline to fit onto the red dragon pump connector
and am not really happy with how I have it connected as it seems to be to tight and is kinking over the connector.
What size do bubble king use as I cant see it in the manual and cant find a email for them.

Again thx for help and answering my questions

Baxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/06/2012, 07:47 PM   #1280
Bellotti
Registered Member

Good evening. I have a skimmer BK mini 160 Gen1. It worked fine for 6 months, but now there is a problem. The pump stopped working, I stripped, washed and cleaned calcifications with vinegar.Now the pump is running again, but does not produce enough bubbles as before. It looks like in fresh water, the pump seems to be weak... I cleanned everything (including pipes and air intake) and continues without producing real bubbles. The bubble plate is in write position. What might be happening? Thanks

Bellotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2012, 11:29 AM   #1281
moondoggy4
Registered Member

It gots to be the air tube, something clogged it.

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2012, 12:52 PM   #1282
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

@Baxtor, I do not have the info handy but you should be able to take a small ruler and just measure the OD of the connection point.

@Bellotti, Can you post somet photos of the skimmer running right now? Did you give the entire skimmer body and everything a vinegar bath?

Unread 08/18/2012, 10:00 AM   #1283
wampuscat
Premium Member

I have a BK Deluxe 300 internal that needs a good cleaning/bath. How much vinegar to water do I use?

wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2012, 01:39 AM   #1284
Heliman
Registered Member

I have a new Supermarine 200 internal. It has been running for 2 weeks now, is broken in and producing good foam.

I am plagued with micro bubbles coming from the outlet pipe and I have tried every possible combination of venturi/standpipe settings to fix this, but cannot seem to get anywhere !! It skims best on the venturi setting on the pump closed about 1/4 of a turn from the factory setting and the standpipe closed about 50% from wide open.

The water level is about 2/3 rd up the body and the phase-change is just beneath the junction of neck and cup (where the top section unscrews).

The skimmer is in 8,5 inches of water, and apart from these pesky bubbles is doing a great job.

Any comment on what might be the problem ??

Thanks

Heliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2012, 03:15 AM   #1285
shaggss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliman View Post
I have a new Supermarine 200 internal. It has been running for 2 weeks now, is broken in and producing good foam.

I am plagued with micro bubbles coming from the outlet pipe and I have tried every possible combination of venturi/standpipe settings to fix this, but cannot seem to get anywhere !! It skims best on the venturi setting on the pump closed about 1/4 of a turn from the factory setting and the standpipe closed about 50% from wide open.

The water level is about 2/3 rd up the body and the phase-change is just beneath the junction of neck and cup (where the top section unscrews).

The skimmer is in 8,5 inches of water, and apart from these pesky bubbles is doing a great job.

Any comment on what might be the problem ??

Thanks

Might need some more time to break in, give it a couple more weeks. I have the mini160 and it took about 5-6 weeks before it stopped expelling micro bubbles

New build, planning stages. 30 x 20 x 20", Geisemann Spectra 250W with Radium, Profilux controller, Profilux doser 2, Fluval SP4 return pump, Life Reef 28
shaggss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2012, 03:42 AM   #1286
Reef_Noob
Registered Member

Agree with shaggss.... Give it couple of weeks time and ur water will be pristine
Congrats on a great skimmer choice.
Happy Reefing!!

BUILDING A DREAM....SPS Dominated 105cm x 51cm x 54cm (Low Iron Belgian Glass)....Please visit my homepage for build thread.

LED Lighting (CREE Main Unit 60w x2, T5 and T8 LED tubes), LED RGB-P Light bar, DIY Sump, Bubble King 180 Gen.2 Skimmer, TECO TR15 Chiller, Sicce Multi Return pump, X-Wave Rotary Device, Vortech MP40 ES, Hydor Korallia Wavemakers(2800 x2, 4000 x2), RR Wavemaker, 2x Nano Wavemakers, SIAM Ocean Media Reactor, Kent Phosphate Reactor, 6 Stage RO/DI unit, Ginko Sea Auto-top System.

Current Tank Info: DREAM 1.0 is up and running..,DREAM 2.0 build is underway (Read on from Page 25)
Reef_Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2012, 05:43 AM   #1287
bayoupr
Registered Member

I had the same problem with mine and it cleared up in about 4 weeks. Give it some more time. The bubbles will go away. Mine is running in 8" water level and wedge pipe 50% closed.

bayoupr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/21/2012, 01:59 PM   #1288
Heliman
Registered Member

Thanks guys...I guess I will be patient and wait awhile...

As they say, nothing quick happens in reefing !!!!

Cheers

Heliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/23/2012, 04:24 PM   #1289
envelope_man
Registered Member

hello everyone, I'm considering a bubble king 300 deluxe for my system (400 gl.) & would like to ask how much room is needed to get the collection cup out? I read that it's 12" in diameter but wondering how tall because I wouldn't be able to get it out with the 12" in diameter side(distance between top of sump & stand...less than 12").
thanks!
p.s. recommended water level for this skimmer?

envelope_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2012, 11:41 AM   #1290
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

The BK 300 cup is 8" in height. If you have 9" of clearance then you'll be able to get it out, although 10" would be nice to have a little cushion so it's not such a close fit when pulling out a filled collection cup of waste.

I'd suggest running the skimmer in 8" of sump depth to start off.

Unread 08/24/2012, 04:13 PM   #1291
envelope_man
Registered Member

sounds great! thank you!!! big help

Unread 08/28/2012, 04:39 AM   #1292
KingVN
Registered Member

I am using King Supermarine 200 internal.Pumps are running a phenomenon sometimes stop.I've checked all the pumps are no foreign objects.Looking forward to your help.

KingVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2012, 05:57 PM   #1293
envelope_man
Registered Member

the supermarin 300 is shown being 25.6" height on one web site & 24 1/2" on another. I was looking at buying the 300 deluxe but now the 300 supermarin looks more & more like the skimmer I will go with. question: in terms of turnover, this skimmer ( 300 sm) will turn over once every 4 hrs.( 6 times a day) using the formula in a book I have. for a 400 gl. system with medium bio load, is this skimmer too much?

Unread 08/29/2012, 08:40 AM   #1294
musashi73
Registered Member

hello all
My Red Dragon 1500 pumps do not work, it runs only 1 minute stop,seems to heat pumps
after about 15 minutes turn it back on again running for about 1 minute.
air bubbles still are, I am using BK supermarine 200 internal.
has anyone seen my condition as?
forward to help.Thank you.Musashi

musashi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2012, 10:20 AM   #1295
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope_man View Post
the supermarin 300 is shown being 25.6" height on one web site & 24 1/2" on another. I was looking at buying the 300 deluxe but now the 300 supermarin looks more & more like the skimmer I will go with. question: in terms of turnover, this skimmer ( 300 sm) will turn over once every 4 hrs.( 6 times a day) using the formula in a book I have. for a 400 gl. system with medium bio load, is this skimmer too much?
The SM300 would be at the minimum gal recommendation on that size tank, you certainly want to make sure you have a heavy bioload on that system if you're going to put that skimmer on it.

Unread 08/29/2012, 11:42 AM   #1296
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi73 View Post
hello all
My Red Dragon 1500 pumps do not work, it runs only 1 minute stop,seems to heat pumps
after about 15 minutes turn it back on again running for about 1 minute.
air bubbles still are, I am using BK supermarine 200 internal.
has anyone seen my condition as?
forward to help.Thank you.Musashi
Have you been keeping the impeller cleaned out every few months by removing it from the pump and soaking it? Also, when you pull the impeller assembly out of the motorblock is the end bearing stuck onto the shaft?

Unread 08/30/2012, 07:32 AM   #1297
musashi73
Registered Member

@Jeremy B:thanks.!
soaked in what? RO water or vinegar?How long
when the propeller of motorblock stuck, the star can beat the bubble?
I check, caught nothing, stator coil heat do not know why?
forward to help...thanks all..!

musashi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/04/2012, 07:24 AM   #1298
osu86
Registered Member

Supermarin 300

Hello,
I'm new to the club and I have a question. I have a 375 gal tank with a 75 gal sump. The tank has live rock and is in it's first week of cycling. I purchased everything used, so I thought I could get the skimmer home and plug it in and all would be good. Not the case. The water level is 9 inches high where the skimmer is in the sump. The telescope tube is in the lowest position and I see no difference which way I turn it. Here is my question, how do I change the amount of water that goes into the skimmer? I've adjusted what seems to be every tube or knob with no change. I purchased this used with the tank and I saw the skimmer working just fine until I got it to my house. What can I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

osu86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2012, 07:17 AM   #1299
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi73 View Post
@Jeremy B:thanks.!
soaked in what? RO water or vinegar?How long
when the propeller of motorblock stuck, the star can beat the bubble?
I check, caught nothing, stator coil heat do not know why?
forward to help...thanks all..!
Soak in a 1:1 solution of vinegar and water, doesn't need to be ro water or anything. Is the end bearing stuck to your shaft when removing the impeller?

Unread 09/06/2012, 07:26 AM   #1300
Jeremy B.
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu86 View Post
Hello,
I'm new to the club and I have a question. I have a 375 gal tank with a 75 gal sump. The tank has live rock and is in it's first week of cycling. I purchased everything used, so I thought I could get the skimmer home and plug it in and all would be good. Not the case. The water level is 9 inches high where the skimmer is in the sump. The telescope tube is in the lowest position and I see no difference which way I turn it. Here is my question, how do I change the amount of water that goes into the skimmer? I've adjusted what seems to be every tube or knob with no change. I purchased this used with the tank and I saw the skimmer working just fine until I got it to my house. What can I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.
First off, which skimmer do you have? We need to know this to help you out. It sounds like a Deluxe since it has a telescoping wedge pipe. Second, we can get you dialed in on it but don't expect it to really do much at all right now since the tank is brand new and there is pretty much no load in there to create any organics for the skimmer to remove. Also, any photos you can post of the skimmer setup would be helpful for us to get you dialed in as well.