Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/26/2012, 07:36 PM   #1
neotekz
Premium Member

thinking of starting back up with nano

its been a while since i was on this site. i started this hobby with a 30 gallon back in 2005 then moved to a 90g after a few years but unfortunately i had to take it all down when i went to university. Now im looking to get back into the hobby with a nano.

im looking to get started again with a small setup maybe something around 20g or less. Are there any good 20g cubes or nanos that come complete with a goood skimmer and lights built into the tank? i just want to keep a few fish and soft corals no sps. More specifically a pair on clown fish with their anemone and a watchman with pistol shrimp. Is this feasible with a small 15g or 20g?

i was also thinking of building my own tank if i cant find anything that i want but i would prefer to buy a complete system if there are some good ones available. i would really appreciate some suggestions to get me started on my research. thanks

neotekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2012, 10:08 PM   #2
6Speed
Zardoz

elos mini is great. a bit expensive, but it meets all your reqs.

the cadlights cubes are also nice and priced a bit more affordably.

the lights aren't built in in either case, but they do have lights specific to the tank that either clamp to rim or hang from above.

solana is also a cool little tank that you can get with a light and all.

6Speed is offline   Reply With Quote