Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tampa Bay Saltwater
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 07/03/2006, 07:50 AM   #1
liverock
RC Sponsor

Picking up your shipment at the airport!!

When you order, I will supply you with a tracking number for the particular airline used to transport the freight to your local airport.

This tracking number is how you can track online the status of your shipment, and the expected flight and arrival date.

However, if you have flown lately you know that the process is not exact, and things can change from what was originally planned.

SO, WHATEVER YOU DO, CALL THE AIR CARGO DEPARTMENT OF THE AIRLINE SHIPPING YOUR ROCK AND MAKE SURE IT IS SITTING ON THE WAREHOUSE FLOOR..OF YOUR AIRPORT.... before going to the airport to pick it up.

Computers can say, "Yea your freight is on the plane"...when it is NOT on the plane, as cargo gets bumped, or is re-routed, without an update on the computer.

The last thing you want to do is make the drive to the airport only to find out that, "The air cargo guy told me it was on the flight", but my freight is not here, And then go home empty handed.

The rock is packed to last days in the box, so a few hours or an extra day is of no concern. I want this to be a pleasurable experience for you so,

MAKE SURE YOU CALL AND VERIFY IT IS AT THE DESTINATION, AND THE AIR CARGO AGENT IS PHYSICALLY STANDING THERE, LOOKING AT YOUR SHIPMENT!!

This will greatly reduce your grief factor if things do not go as planned. Below are some 800 numbers of the airlines freight departments, but the best way is to get the LOCAL number of the airlines freight department you are working with and call them ALSO!!

Delta Airlines 1-800-352-2746
US AIR 1-888-300-0099
United 1-800-825-3788
Southwest 1-800-533-1222
Continental 1-800-421-2456
Northwest 1-800-692-2746
Fed Ex 1-800-463-3339
Midwest Airlines 1-800-892-6580 ext. 5

Last edited by rbaker; 04/27/2009 at 02:32 PM.
Closed Thread